Your Email Address:

First Name:

So glad that I found you

Tell us what happened to you today. It can be sad or happy thing.
BBBGone
Total Newbie

So glad that I found you

Post by BBBGone »

It is such a relief to finally have a place to expose my dirty 'secret': I've suffered from bad breath, particularly after eating, for most of my adult life. I chew gum constantly, brush my teeth, scrape my tongue, have used Pro Fresh, Therabreath and Smart Mouth. The first two worked for about a week and then made my breath worse. I've had three ocassions where I remember my mouth smelling good: 1) Anti-candida diet and after six months my mouth felt clean and didn't have that heavy feeling. 2) I did fit-for life and after two days of combining steam veggies and raw salads with protein or starch my mouth felt clean. 3) I had a deep cleaning of my gums several years ago and had fresh breath. 4) And I took flagy about three months ago for a BV infection and had clean breath for about three weeks.

Right now, I am going through the process of getting tested for food allergies and candida. I also made an appointment with a GI tract doctor and I am thinking of seeing an ENT too. I dread walking into the doctor's office and saying that my main issue is halitosis. I went to a GI doctor last year and he seemed extremely embarrassed to be discussing this issue with me.

How do people on this site handle being open and honest at doctor's visits?