Your Email Address:

First Name:

At what age did you find out you had BB, and how?

Tell us what happened to you today. It can be sad or happy thing.
coconuthead
Advanced

At what age did you find out you had BB, and how?

Post by coconuthead »

I'm bored, as you can see. I just want to know the stories of others.

I first found out at the age of 10 at the end of my 5th grade year. Two of my friends told me.

jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

I was 11. What is it with the early teens/ onset of puberty thing??? I've seen lots of people saying theirs started then as well. If I could just get an answer about what's causing this... Did the changing of hormones trigger something on our bodies? What and how? Wish I were clever so I could become a doctor and devote my life to finding the answer.
jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

Oh I forgot to say how. My mom suddenly kept asking me if I had brushed me teeth and started buying me peppermint gum. Then my best friend said, "my breath smells nicer than yours". Very diplomatic.
depressed13
Total Newbie

Post by depressed13 »

When I was 13.. My sister told me "you're breath stinks, did u brush already?" but even if I brush, my breath still stinks..
Tony22

Post by Tony22 »

When I was around 14; my brother and my mom both commented on it and that's when I started becoming aware of it.
seanlee1980
Advanced

Post by seanlee1980 »

I was around 12-13. I remember when a classmate said get this guy some tic tac out loud. Ever since then, I have had this problem. I think there are a few factors why it starts to happen around this time, but I think stress was a big part initiating my problem. Around junior high was when social and academic pressures just hit me suddenly. Parents stressed me out about grades, kids were mean. Now that I think about it, going into junior high was the most stressful and abrupt change in my life. Elementary school was non threatening because of the small class and indifference about socializing or fitting in. Then, junior high comes suddenly exposed to so many strangers, tests, public speaking, sports, puberty. It is a crazy transition so I blame stress and probably my genetics that makes me prone to stress easier. I am 34 by the way.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Just over a year ago, so I was 22....

Had a great childhood and teen years, so is this it for me????
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Stinkynick
Junior

Post by Stinkynick »

I was 21, never an issue before two yrs ago. Started out situational and slowly turned into chronic case
Stinkynick
Junior

Post by Stinkynick »

I was 21, never an issue before two yrs ago. Started out situational and slowly turned into chronic case
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Did your BB get worse the more you tried to banish it?

I think mine hit a stage where no oral hygiene method will help it. I remember before I knew people were asking if i'd been for a shit that day. I remember being all confused like "no??". They must of been laughing at me for a while. What a cruel ****ing condition, this is not nice at all. I don't get how such a crippling yes CRIPPLING condition can be over looked so much. I look at people with mental disabilities and wheel chair bound and think (as bad as it sounds) I'm relieved that is not me but still having this condition is just as bad.

I think of everything I could do and be if it wasn't for this and it absolutely kills me. I could be much more, much much more. Surprisingly I am well liked by people who seem to either do not smell me or ignore my smell which is nice but I do not want that smell there. I have made friends and now ignore them and stay away and thats sad. People always asking me to go out, I feel horrible and make excuses not to go. These are my 20s and I will never get them back, I need to fix this. I cannot stand it. I tend to let people walk all over me and speak to me how they want because I fear if I come back I will get the "at least I don't smell of shit" comment out loud.

If i ever get cured this world better watch out.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

When my brother told me that my breath smells like sh*t (I was around 7 years old then, now I'm 22). So I have it all my life.
Back then I didn't care about it.
Only when I went to school it made my life a living nightmare when a guy said I have bad breath and almost the whole class could hear it.
Sometimes it was so bad, I could smell my own breath.

Things are a lot better now since I use the Tung Brush and Gel but I'm still constantly worrying if I have bad breath or not (which is a habit from all the years of suffering). Everytime someone sniffs their nose at close proximity to me, I'm automatically worrying , is it because of me? Or when I talk and my friend(s) would rub their nose I think it is because of me. However when I watch them talking to each other, they also sometimes rub their nose, although I know for a fact they have no bad breath. So this nose rubbing or sniffing isn't a good indicator guys.

Also when I swallow I have this disgusting feel at the back of my throat. It goes away after a couple of seconds but I'm afraid that others could smell it when I breath through my nose. I think it has something to do with my tonsils (maybe tonsil stones?) and when I swallow they touch the back of the tongue or somewhere around that area and I can feel that disgusting smell/feel that is coming from there for a little while.
Did anyone here had the same problem?

However after a couple of seconds it all goes away and my breath doesn't stink anymore (at least my mum told me so) and I can hardly smell anything at the back of my tongue now (which smelled disgusting before Tung Brush and Gel).
Mac
Junior

Post by Mac »

FedUp wrote:I tend to let people walk all over me and speak to me how they want because I fear if I come back I will get the "at least I don't smell of shit" comment out loud.
This is exactly my fear and I hold back because of it.
Mac
Junior

Post by Mac »

sandspiegel wrote: Also when I swallow I have this disgusting feel at the back of my throat. It goes away after a couple of seconds but I'm afraid that others could smell it when I breath through my nose. I think it has something to do with my tonsils (maybe tonsil stones?) and when I swallow they touch the back of the tongue or somewhere around that area and I can feel that disgusting smell/feel that is coming from there for a little while.
Did anyone here had the same problem?
Yes, I get this. Have you rubbed your finger where your tonsils are and does it smell? Is it the same smell you can sense at the back of your throat?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic