Your Email Address:

First Name:

JOB POLL .

Tell us what happened to you today. It can be sad or happy thing.

YOUR WORK

Poll ended at Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:20 am

UNEMPLOYMENT ?
18%
DISABILITY ?
No votes
WORK FROM HOME (employee)
9%
WORK FROM HOME (self-employed)
No votes
WORK FOR EMPLOYER (on site)
55%
WOULD YOU WORK at HOME? (own business) ?
No votes
WOULD YOU WORK at HOME? (for employer) ?
9%
STUDENT ?
9%

Total votes: 11

deebo

Post by deebo »

Gooner
Junior

Post by Gooner »

I think this thread has been slow on responses because people will be wondering how this info is relevant or can be used productively for the site. I presume for securing advertising?

Job - Work for an Insolvency Practitioner.

Other training - nothing of note following college. Avoid seminars or networking through work for obvious reasons.

Developing BB whilst employed has meant I have learnt to develop coping mechanisms. I work with good people and although I get indirect comments I dont think they are deliberately malicious. Its more that they are uneducated on the subject and im not a naturally confrontational type to want to go there. Career progression is on hold, no chance of going for a new job due to BB i wouldn't have the confidence in an interview situation at the moment. My whole life is on hold, basically groundhog day for 3-4 years but realise how lucky i am to hold down a stable job at the same time.
CNS

Post by CNS »

I think this is quite an interesting topic, at least we can have some insight into what the rest of us are doing for a living.

1 .If you are employed , What is your Job ?
Will be working in a bank's back office. I just secured this job recently, and on one hand I'm glad to finally land myself a job, yet I'm also worried about what I should do to reduce my BB so that my new colleagues won't notice.

2 .What other training do you have ? College ? Trade ?
Bachelor degree

I3 . f you're currently a student ,what is your future job goal ?

4 . Is BB something you take into account with your choice of jobs /future jobs?
Yes, I try to avoid jobs that need constant talking or interaction with people, but then again, even a normal office job needs interaction with colleagues. If I wasn't so conscious of my breath and have to worry about it constantly, I would probably want to be a teacher, but like many of us here, BB kills our dreams :(
deebo

Post by deebo »

Gooner wrote:I think this thread has been slow on responses because people will be wondering how this info is relevant or can be used productively for the site. I presume for securing advertising?
tried to make the intro to the poll short and sweet . There is a group of us odor sufferers hoping to start a hub for working from home . Also ,there is ongoing work in progress to have chronic odor accepted for disability . General information about our members here would help us get a better understanding of what we are dealing with .

Jimi is really the only one who can post ads here . As moderators , Hali-sux and I are supposed to delete unwanted ads =)

there will be most Polls in future . It would be great to know that members would respond to them . They are meant for the betterment of the community .

skype skunkhugs
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

deebo, I never understood the relevance or how I fit in to this poll, but if it helps I'd like to give my input..

1. I work for a car hire company. I spend most of my time sat in a small office with a small team of people and we all do mostly the same things. Always very busy so there's never any time to talk to each other much. We're all very private and hardly ever discuss our private lives. I have to help customers fill in forms and give instructions etc. Whenever I knew I'd need to get close to anyone, I'd always make sure I had an apple or a cigarette if the other person smoked too.

2. I have no training in anything. I would love to do something as soon as I chance to though.

3. My future job goal is either to do my own thing or to work where I travel around the world. I can't do anything at the moment because I have certain family committments. My life revolves around this and my job.

4. Chewing gum helped me to mask and diminish my BB and I had various techniques and escape routes all planned out. I took this job and stayed with it and moulded myself around it. As long as I didnt have to breathe in people's faces I could cope with any job really. Really feel for those who cannot contain or control their odours.
deebo

Post by deebo »

halitosisux wrote:deebo, I never understood the relevance or how I fit in to this poll, but if it helps I'd like to give my input..
Halisux, you are in a unique position here being cured and your input is as relevant as anyones .

Its hard to believe that you say you have no training in anything . I would say your school system there has served you well ;)

Hali , if you're interested , in the future mebo has plans for possible tests that should require non-sufferers for control groups as well as an untainted nose . Could be something for your resume if anything comes of it . Either way , thank you for your input as always man

Skunkhugs on Skype
caramiamine98
Advanced

Post by caramiamine98 »

I don’t exactly fit into this survey but anyway here goes...

1. If you are employed, what is your job?
Stay-at-home mom with plans of going back to school at a later date once my daughter is older and more independent.

2. What other training do you have? College? Trade?
Several online university courses.

3. If you're currently a student, what is your future job goal?
Not currently studying anything but would like to take horticulture and horticultural related courses and eventually work in that field in some capacity.

4. Is BB something you take into account with your choice of jobs/future jobs?
No, as I’ve been able to control my odour with a low choline diet and supplements so that isn’t an issue for me. My extreme shyness is the biggest obstacle for me right now and that would definitely colour any decision I make on choosing a career path.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

lol, thanks deebo.. and yw.
At the moment I can't really travel anywhere, but if there's anything I can do from home I'll always be glad to help.
deebo

Post by deebo »

halitosisux wrote:lol, thanks deebo.. and yw.
At the moment I can't really travel anywhere, but if there's anything I can do from home I'll always be glad to help.
alright , hali . If anything comes up in your area I'll keep you posted bud.
Pretty sure there will be .

skunkhugs on skype
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

If you are employed , What is your Job ?
Last edited by coconuthead on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

If it interests anyone:
www.flexjobs.com
http://www.tjobs.com/

They seem genuine (no crap like work from home business, commission based etc).
They have some good job requirement for IT /Computer related (Project Management, Business Analysis, Data Analyst and also Business Development/Marketing jobs.
It fits my background well. But from my past experience, I am pretty sure, that they will call for one in person interview before making a offer letter. Whether you get a job or not, I don;t know.
I already have a very good home office setup. All I need is get going with my job hunt filtering for telecommute jobs only.
MrDoubleB
Junior

Post by MrDoubleB »

1 .If you are employed , What is your Job ?

No job, still student and last year.

2 .What other training do you have ? College ? Trade ?

bachelor degree

I3 . f you're currently a student ,what is your future job goal ?

Manager, something in the finance area.

4 . Is BB something you take into account with your choice of jobs /future jobs?

I try not to, but honestly since I choose something in the finance direction. It requires a lot of talking. I might be screwed yes if there is no cure for bb in the future.
candida101
Total Newbie
Re: JOB POLL .

Post by candida101 »

Work in Education. It's rewarding, but definitely difficult. I know it's something my coworkers talk about because during a back to school meeting today a coworker covered his nose the second I sat next to him and started passing around the gum to everyone. I brushed my teeth/tongue 3 times today, rinsed out my nose with saline solution 2-3 times, but apparently that was not enough. Kinda hurt by this, but oh well. At this point I'm just curious as to what the source of it is so I can get back to my life.

Stats:

-Have a constant stuffy nose/pnd, took allergy test on Tuesday and had only a very slight reaction to mold. On paper I had no allergies. My ENT, who did my tonsils several years ago, was planning to do a turbinate surgery* on my nose, but my family talked me out of it, saying I would not have enough time to heal before work started next week.

-It's not H Pylori. Think it's either coming from Esophageal thrush or nasal blockage/infected sinuses.

*Pretty sure this is the surgery he said based on where/how my nose is blocked.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic