Your Email Address:

First Name:

JOB POLL .

Tell us what happened to you today. It can be sad or happy thing.

YOUR WORK

Poll ended at Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:20 am

UNEMPLOYMENT ?
18%
DISABILITY ?
No votes
WORK FROM HOME (employee)
9%
WORK FROM HOME (self-employed)
No votes
WORK FOR EMPLOYER (on site)
55%
WOULD YOU WORK at HOME? (own business) ?
No votes
WOULD YOU WORK at HOME? (for employer) ?
9%
STUDENT ?
9%

Total votes: 11

deebo

JOB POLL .

Post by deebo »

Hey Folks ,
We are compiling general info of members .

1 .If you are employed , What is your Job ?

2 .What other training do you have ? College ? Trade ?

I3 . f you're currently a student ,what is your future job goal ?

4 . Is BB something you take into account with your choice of jobs /future jobs?

pls take poll . pick 1 that applies
thank you for you input
skype skunkhugs

TXMike
Total Newbie

Post by TXMike »

Work as a manager at a construction company, which allows me to get out of the office on bad days.

I have an college degree.

BB definatly played a part in my job selection and will in the future. I selected an occupation where most of the people I deal with are sweaty stinky dudes.
seanlee1980
Advanced

Post by seanlee1980 »

Maybe the poll should be separated into two polls. I am working for an employer in a typical "office" setting, but I would like to start my own business.
deebo

poll

Post by deebo »

Hi Sean .
Yes . I'll see what i can do about that , you folks can also leave your extra info in the posts area here .

What type of business would you start ? Are you currently qualified to do so ?
Thanks

skunkhugs on skype
deebo

Post by deebo »

TXMike wrote: most of the people I deal with are sweaty stinky dudes.
thank you for your input Texas Mike . Duly noted 8)

skype skunkhugs
deebo

Post by deebo »

Folks , please take the quick poll .
post any additional info you want in the text area below

thanks !

skunkhugs on skype
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I work on site.

I like the social interaction I would be getting if I didn't have BB...

Working on home is kind of depressing, but not more depressing than BB, so I would prefer an at home job if I could, as long as I have this BB.

- English teaching abroad
- Bachelor and Associate Degrees in Computer Science
3 . f you're currently a student ,what is your future job goal ?
- Not a student.. but would love to be one again if the cost wasn't life altering
4 . Is BB something you take into account with your choice of jobs /future jobs?
- Well yeah... I got this job over an internet interview.. then I showed up. At that time I wasn't sure how bad my breath was, and thought I was just paranoid most of the time... Thought maybe after the tonsils were removed the bacteria balance in my mouth would sort itself out or something.. maybe over time.... I also hoped maybe a change of location and diet would make a difference... It was because of this job that I know I really do have seemingly all the time fart breath. Anyway, I wish wish wiiish that I didn't have this BB. I could be so awesome at this job if I didn't have my defenses set up.... Hell, I could be so awesome and attractive of a human being. Instead I'm a social outcast often depressed about not getting the girl who showed me the most attention I've had in years.

What I want to do is not have bad breath... I would do anything. I would perform fellatio on fat old men everyday for 5 months if I was guaranteed to be cured.
Last edited by mike987 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tibya
Advanced

Re: JOB POLL .

Post by Tibya »

3 . f you're currently a student ,what is your future job goal ?

Hi,
Unemployed, because of bb. I think, I can get a job, but self esteem/self confidence gets low because of bb. I do not socialize at all.
Bachelors degree.
Had a good decent job with decent salary before bb.
Because of bb looked at work from home (self employed) option. But this really doesn't work, because to look for clients, I have to go and talk/meet them at least once in person.
Would prefer going out, get a job and social a little bit.
BB is my main hurdle and I can't think how it will help in changing jobs. I mean any work place we will interact with people at some point. I really need a job and don't know what to do.
terranpatriot
Advanced

Post by terranpatriot »

Currently working in Information Technology, got a bachelors in a field that I have a real passion for, but couldn't pursue wholly and confidently because of bb issues. My mind is sharp enough, and I'm very sure I would have made it far into positions of great power, as internally I am a very ambitious and charismatic person. It's just that my body language can hinder me, and that makes it difficult to win people over, which is a big key to success in life. I'm making good money at my IT job, but it isn't too personally fulfilling. I opted for it because of the minimal human interaction. I do talk to my coworkers on a daily basis, and they accept me for who I am. I haven't come out into the open about it with them, but it's just the 'elephant in the room' and we've moved on. When it comes to your BB, people are willing to look beyond it, the real question is: can you?
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

When it comes to your BB, people are willing to look beyond it, the real question is: can you?[/quote]

Hi there, I am from IT and worked as system analyst, Business Intelligence and project mgr and I would say good I have good zeal and determination to reach high. Its easy when you are already in a job as people accept you sometimes as they look at your good work. Its different when you are actually applying for a new job. Because during the interview process, one becomes so self conscious and cannot communicate well.
As of now I'm looking for online jobs only/telecommute, but they do need at least 1 time in person interview. I get selected over phone and during the final in-person interview, I loose my self confidence because of bb.
MrDoubleB
Junior

Post by MrDoubleB »

deebo wrote:Hey Folks ,
We are compiling general info of members .

I3 . f you're currently a student ,what is your future job goal ?

pls take poll . pick 1 that applies
thank you for you input
skype skunkhugs
Amazing, seems like IT is the most popular so far. I've considered choosing IT myself but ended choosing finance.

I am currently still a student. I have a bachelor in finance. My goal is to get rid of my chronic halitosis and become free. I definately take bb into account but I don't think there is any job that does not require any talking.
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

I am currently still a student. I have a bachelor in finance. My goal is to get rid of my chronic halitosis and become free. I definately take bb into account but I don't think there is any job that does not require any talking.[/quote]

Hi There,
Well, I am thinking of changing my profession now to microbiology:-) Having a Computer degree is no good if one has bb and no job :(
You are a student, so take good care of your over all health. You have a long way to go.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Saw this good discussion just now: "What are some not so well known, but common and easy to get jobs?"

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comme ... ommon_and/

People looking for a job should read it
deebo

Post by deebo »

Archimonde wrote:Saw this good discussion just now: "What are some not so well known, but common and easy to get jobs?"

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comme ... ommon_and/

People looking for a job should read it
thank you Archi . good info for job hunting
deebo

Post by deebo »

thanks folks . PLS Keep the surveys coming .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic