Your Email Address:

First Name:

I'm worrying so much that I'm making myself sick.

Tell us what happened to you today. It can be sad or happy thing.
coconuthead
Advanced

I'm worrying so much that I'm making myself sick.

Post by coconuthead »

I threw up 3 times today. I'm starting college in two weeks and I'm so nervous. I'm sitting here worrying myself so much that it's making me sick. I transferred to a different college and the college is much bigger than the one I previously went to. I keep thinking they will smell my breath, they will judged me, they won't want to be around me, they'll laugh at me and talk about me behind my back.

My mom is wondering why I'm throwing up so much, and I told her I'm just not feeling well and she shocked me when she asked was I pregnant.That's not possible. I don't have a boyfriend and never have, I've never had sex, and I hardly leave the house. It was weird that she'd ask that.

Right now I'm trying the dairy free diet. I just started saturday and I'm gonna try this for a month and see what happens. I tried it once before and made it to week 3, but gave up afterwards.

aues
Master

Re: I'm worrying so much that I'm making myself sick.

Post by aues »

Did you visit doctors?

Is your dental status good?

Do you still have your tonsils?

Do you have wisdom teeth?

Get your dental status fixed in case it's not good. Get checked for everything your doctor thinks it's worth getting checked. If you don't know what to do get your tonsils and wisdom teeth out.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Instead of worrying that all those things will happen, just accept that it will.

Meanwhile, do what aues says, and get checked medically.

You really oughtn't be worrying so much. At least with college, you can act like a somber depressed person and people will leave you alone. Consider being part of the work force every day, where you're forced to speak with others.

If you have BB, all signs point to you having it int he long run, like most of us here. The more you fret, the worse it's going to be.

I'm not being very supportive here, but really, if you are the sick over it, you gotta go to doctors. If a doctor can't fix it, who will??
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

Thanks guys, and thanks Mike for the tip. I've always thought getting a part time job could help me with not being so afraid to talk, because I'll have to talk to keep my job.

Well, I went to the dentist back in late May. I told her about my bb, but she said she didn't smell anything, and that my teeth and gums looked fine. Why do dentist insist on lying? They know they smell it. She didn't even have a mask on. She gave me a cleaning and that's about it. She didn't say anything about my molars. I've only had one to grow in. The rest haven't grown in yet.

Now, back in mid-January I started to have a really bad sweet, moldy smell in my nose. So, I decided to go to the ENT, because I thought maybe it was a sinus infection because I had this yellowish mucous too. He gave me amoxicilin which actually got rid of the nose odor. I was so happy, but once after I stopped taking them the nasal smell came back.

I went to the same ENT about my tonsils too. He looked at my tonsils, and said they looked okay. I told him about the tonsil stones and told me to just gargle with some salt water or hydrogen peroxide. I went home and did that for a week and I still get tonsil stones.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Sadly again amxycilin is just a poor decision from doctors, they are morons

it never works, bb comes back even stronger, i tried it, failed
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

Yes, Jimi, I agree.

It seems that right after taking it, the nasal odor comes back and stronger than before. Why do you think the reason for this is? Is there something in amoxicilin that causes this?
aues
Master

Post by aues »

Nasal odor? I never had nasal odor - so I suspect something else.

Go to an ENT and be polite, but insist on getting a CT scan of your sinuses. An ordinary x-ray is not enough.
Ask for a copy of the results. You could upload the pictures anonymized.
caramiamine98
Advanced

Post by caramiamine98 »

EFT can be helpful for stress. The link below is specifically for BB but can be used for other issues as well.

www.the-secret-formula.com/bad-breath.html
jess
Sheriff

Re: I'm worrying so much that I'm making myself sick.

Post by jess »

coconuthead wrote:I'm starting college in two weeks and I'm so nervous. I'm sitting here worrying myself so much that it's making me sick. I transferred to a different college and the college is much bigger than the one I previously went to. I keep thinking they will smell my breath, they will judged me, they won't want to be around me, they'll laugh at me and talk about me behind my back.
Hey I know exactly how you feel. Not too long ago I was in this same situation. But thank God now I'm all done with it. So is this your first year of college/ university? Whether or not it is, be strong, hang in there.It's definately not gonna be easy but I'm sure you can do it.
Let me tell you: you're gonna need a lot of energy/ mental clarity to cope with the stressful life of college and all the sleepless nights you're gonna spend studying/ writing papers. One tip for you: try sublingual vitamin b12; maybe 500mcg or 1000mcg. Sublingal is good as it go directly in the bloodstream pretty quickly.That helped me a lot as coffee didn't do a thing for me in keeping me awake when I needed to be.
Good luck and don't give up
time4change
Junior

Post by time4change »

Hey I know how you feel too, started college last year and the embarrassment of my bb took over; ended up speaking to nobody and as a result didnt have a great year.

Decided to do things differently this september and have transferred to a new college and this time am just going to try and stay positive and speak to people more. I know it's hard and I'm terrified too, but stay strong :) . If things go well it will be a great confidence boost too.
I also carried around a bottle of water with grapefruit seed extract mixed in, and flushed my sinuses with it during breaks, not sure if it helped but it made me feel slightly more confident.
AliD

Post by AliD »

coconuthead wrote:Yes, Jimi, I agree.

It seems that right after taking it, the nasal odor comes back and stronger than before. Why do you think the reason for this is? Is there something in amoxicilin that causes this?
Right, I think you need to have your ears syringed. The nasal odour can be a sign that your Eustachian tube is blocked has a build up. Even though your ears seem clean from using cotton buds, the tubes are connected to your nasal passage. You may even have something trapped in there. The Eustachian tube also drains mucus from the middle ear. Upper respiratory tract infections or allergies can cause the Eustachian tube, or the membranes surrounding its opening to become swollen, trapping fluid, which serves as a growth medium for bacteria.

-Ear syringing, you can buy a kit or your doctor will do it (for free if you are in England, probably a good idea to get a doctor to do it, most physicians can, it's a fairly simple yet very effective procedure). Good luck :)
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

How would syringing ears affect eustachian tubes?
Do u mean if ear canal blockage is causing infection of the inner ear?
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

When I was a child I had a lot of ear infections.

Eventually I got tubes put into my ears and the ear infections stopped.
Still, I always felt pressure in my ears easily, like when going through tunnels or driving up and down hills in the country side. I also feel a lot of pressure when I put my head a few feet underwater.

Anyway, I imagine the tubes aren't open very wide.. I sometimes wonder if the content of those tubes are ejecting into the back of my throat.

Also, I can push air into what I think are my Eustachian tubes, but putting air into the upper parts of my cheeks and tightening them. Air will go back and it causes this tickling feeling into the glands under my ears. I've often wondered about this.
deebo

Post by deebo »

AliD wrote:
coconuthead wrote:
... Eustachian tube, or the membranes surrounding its opening to become swollen, trapping fluid, which serves as a growth medium for bacteria.

-Ear syringing, you can buy a kit or your doctor will do it (for free if you are in England, probably a good idea to get a doctor to do it, most physicians can, it's a fairly simple yet very effective procedure). Good luck :)
i use h2o2 few times a month in the ears like Dr Mercola suggests . This cleared the ears well ,and it actually sometimes make me dizzy the way some nasal rinsing has , maybe by affecting the inner ear . But this eat rinse hasn't made a dent in my odor . Maybe over time it can help .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic