Your Email Address:

First Name:

Can you have bad breath without bacteria on your tongue?

Tell us what happened to you today. It can be sad or happy thing.
DanielPine
Advanced
Can you have bad breath without bacteria on your tongue?

Post by DanielPine »

Hi, today i covered my tongue scraper in hydrogen peroxide and scraped all the stuff off. I chewed gum for the whole day replacing a piece every 45 minutes. I got very few reactions to my BB. The bacteria was gone all day. Until I came home from school and it began to come back, but brushing my tongue with hydrogen peroxide again would probably get rid of it. My question is, even if i get rid of all the bacteria on my tongue could i still have bad breath?

deebo

Re: Can you have bad breath without bacteria on your tongue?

Post by deebo »

DanielPine wrote:My question is, even if i get rid of all the bacteria on my tongue could i still have bad breath?
Dan , the simplest answer is Yes we can . I think clearing the tongues can benefit anyone will odor ,even persons with tmau type malodor via breath . But the tongue for us chronic cases is often not the main source .
HigherThoughts
Advanced

Post by HigherThoughts »

Yes it's possible. I'm sure my bad breath is not from my tongue. I lick the back of my wrists and I don't really get a smell. I used to have a nasty taste and smell from the back of my throat though, but now that has gone down. Now I think my own smell is coming from my esophagus from candida overgrowth. I ordered fluconazole so I will try that for 2 weeks and see if I get improvements.

As for your problem its possible yours is only from the tongue. If you keep your tongue clean and don't notice anymore reactions then that could have been your source. Otherwise there are also other things that can cause bad breath. Possibly from the gums, or rotting teeth. Or maybe from inside your body like me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic