Your Email Address:

First Name:

Nearly caved today.

Tell us what happened to you today. It can be sad or happy thing.
FedUp
God

Nearly caved today.

Post by FedUp »

I got pulled into my managers office today.

They've been noticing I've been "looking down on yourself" lately and that my work rate has rapidly decreased.

In a moment I seriously nearly was going to tell her what is really making me down and unproductive but I just apologised and said I'll make a better effort.

Anyone who can laugh at people with odors must really seriously really experience this.

People must think I do not like them as I keep my conversations brief and walk away.

Why must life torture me this way?

Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I'd love to speak my mind but I just feel shame.

It's funny when you confront someone about what they said they deny it.

That happened once to me. I walked by an area and I overheard a colleague of mine to another "he smells like an ass hole". I was very moody that day and I thought ***k it and confronted them and asked them why they said that and of course "no i didn't" and he walked off.

It makes people feel good about themselves to down others but sheep off when confronted.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

Hey man, all of us suffer from the same fate. Everyday is a living nightmare. But you can't let all that get to you!! My conditioned improved a lot but the odour hasn't gone away completely. People still cough, sniff, nose rub, etc.

Through all this I learned that whatever happens, you can either laugh or get mad. People can laugh at your problems and think it's no big deal, if they can laugh at you, you can laugh at yourself. I know I sound stupid, but trust me, smiling in the darkest hour is a sign of superior strength. Strength comes from within.

I stopped getting mad because people notice, and will comment on it.
So I started smiling, people notice, and kept saying, "he's always smiling". So whether you smile or get mad, people will comment. I heard some rude comments hurled my way. But I didn't let it cut me up, because I STOPPED CARING. Instead I even laughed and smiled HARDER than them.
This happened the other day. I heard something like, "stink bomb...the original.." At first I was wtf, but I got over it in 2 minutes, and laughed really loud. It stopped them in their tracks.

You know my close friends and family members don't try to hide their discomfort, they just cough, rub nose, etc. And they do it directly in my face. But I still love them regardless, and they still talk to me.

So what I'm saying is that you can either let them hurt you, or just find a way to lessen the mood with humor. Instead of saying something to hurt them back, just be witty and say something funny. They will actually think you are a funny person. I mean seriously, I'd rather have people make fun of me than to pity me. I don't have room for fake concern, but I'd be really interested at what jokes people come up up with.

It's just that I've literally hit rock bottom, I could stink no further and the only way to go is up. And never never give up hope.

I've spoken to a few people who knew my condition, and they were blown away by the fact that I recovered at great deal. People can be terrible, they secretly like you suffering truth be told. Like I can literally see that they were disappointed that I'm improving everyday. Some even treated me better, maybe they felt bad about talking shyt behind my back. People are ignorant, and it's not our job to lecture them or waste time on nonsense. Just be you. Please do give my method a try, you tried getting fedup and mad, but you haven't tried being happy.

Never tell your problems to anyone, 80% don't care, and 20% is glad you have have it.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Nice post but it is really hard to be upbeat knowing people are talking about you behind your back.

only thing that has kind of picked me up is that I have my follow up ent appt in over 2 weeks after my ct scan. And next month I have to go in for an endoscopy. My ENT consultant has been great to thus far, he didn't hesitate in putting me in for a tonsillectomy ct scan or endoscopy. I WILL beat this demon and I will be the same fun guy i used to be.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
FuckBB
Total Newbie

Re: Nearly caved today.

Post by FuckBB »

i hope people who talk shit about our situation feel this thing aswell