Your Email Address:

First Name:

Can't eat in public anymore

Tell us what happened to you today. It can be sad or happy thing.
forced2balone

Can't eat in public anymore

Post by forced2balone »

As soon as I opened my mouth to eat my food people move away, some start to touch their nose. One lady start fanning and I guess they cracked a joke and started laughing and then others just stare. Well I didn't finish eating, I just throw it away. I am losing weight some of my clothes are too big. I'm worried because I don't have to much of an appetite these days. I avoid garlic, cheese and onions. Is it because I maybe a mouth breather I don't understand. Does anyone have this problem?

jamesmcavoy

Re: Can't eat in public anymore

Post by jamesmcavoy »

I can actually smell my breath all the time and exactly tell how it smells .

Well ,we bb sufferers have a problem .when we eat something ,its smell immediatly starts lingering on our breath .anybody can tell wht we ate just by smelling our breath .
The worst part is nobody wants to smell a food odor even we dont .
Imagine a pungent curry smell on smbodys breath ,it will throw us away naturally . It has no solution .
It turns to foul sulphur odor afterwards which we control with zinc chloride but not the food stench .

Dont worry ,you are not alone!!!!!
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

@forced2balone

Nose rubbing and coughing are not reactions to bad breath / bad odor.
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

@Archimonde

Nose rubbing and coughing is 100% definitely a reaction to bad breath.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Archimonde wrote:@forced2balone

Nose rubbing and coughing are not reactions to bad breath / bad odor.
dont you think that is wrong statement, do you think people will come to you and tell you you stink or what?

dunno who brainwashed you to think that way
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

MrChips wrote:@Archimonde

Nose rubbing and coughing is 100% definitely a reaction to bad breath.
While this can be a reaction to bb, it doesn't have to be. I watched my friends interact with each other often and talk to each other faces (they don't have bb) and sometimes one of them would rub their nose or cough. There is just no safe way to say if those reactions are because of bb or not (maybe they actually have to rub their nose or cough even when you are around and talking).
However, having said that, everytime someone in close proximity to me rubs their nose or coughs then I'm in Alarm mode and think it's maybe because of me. Sometimes it really drives me crazy because as soon as someone comes close to me, I'm getting nervous. Man I hate that shit!
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Yes Sandspiegel. I agree. A nose rub does not always mean a bb reaction. I think it depends on the nose rub. Theres different sorts of nose rubs:.

The quick pinch of the nose- this is a difficult one to call, as many do this.

The long pinch of the nose- a pinch lasting 2-5 seconds or longer I would class as a reaction.

A pinch held for longer than 5 seconds- possibly the worst nose rub you can receive. Means the breath is intolerable.

The index finger slide- probably means that an odour is detectable, but not 100% reliable. The slower the slide the worser the smell

The multiple index finger slide- the more slides the worser your breath is. A slow multiple index finger slide id say means your breath is off the scale.

The index finger flick- an index finger placed under the nostrils and then flicked up. This would also suggest a reaction. This is a fairly common reaction. If the finger is left hanging mid-air for a while after the flick, there would be no denying you breath smells kinda bad.

Palm of hand pushed on to nose with circular motion- this is a reaction. No doubt about it. Especially if followed by a nose pinch.

There are your general typical nose rubs.... And the Woah! Your breath stinks nose rubs. I guess you just have to work out if its a reaction or not lol
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

You have to remember there are different types of BB, with different kinds of odour and with different intensities and tolerability.

I have watched many people with "classic" bad breath (i.e. the kind that comes out of the mouth and doesn't reach more than a couple of feet) and I have only ever seen people try to get out of that foul air. They don't have time or the desire to sit there in that stench rubbing, they are usually discreet and just try hard to breathe as little as possible by getting out of the direct "hit", and to quickly get right out of the way. A grimace (either intentional or unintentional) usually appears at some point. I've seen the same thing time and time again and with different people.

If a person has other rarer more complicated types of BB, then it might involve gases which irritate, leading to sneezes and coughs and nose rubs etc. Some people might not even be able to detect the gases and yet still be irritated by one of them.

And then there's always the phychological/paranoia aspect to consider. A person with BB is bound to develop a high sensitivity to certain behaviour and gestures associated with bad smells. It could be a combination of all these things.

No one can say for definite what's going on with them individually without the help of other people around them being honest and able to corroborate the things that are actually happening.
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

Man the more I read about this topic the more I realize how complicated it is. You could make a science out of this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic