Your Email Address:

First Name:

Used floss for the first time

Tell us what happened to you today. It can be sad or happy thing.
Manurebb
Total Newbie

Used floss for the first time

Post by Manurebb »

So today I had used mouthwash to check how long it's effect lasts. It was almost an hour after which very faint smell appeared again. This led me to believe that the cause of my bb could be in mouth. In one of the thread here I had read that flossing did help few people in past. Purchased one waxed floss and before going to the bed and after brushing, I used floss for the first time. Yes, it was for the first time 😔. I was able to smell that strong manure smell as described in my first post. Does that mean my bb is of type 1?

ShitTalker
Junior

Post by ShitTalker »

WOW... I also used to NEVER floss and also had very bad smells coming from my gums... My worst bad breath reaction ever was after I just got my teeth flossed and the plaque scraped off near my gum line and I started talking to some guy and he could not stand my breath... I could smell it myself and it was the nastiest my mouth ever felt and smelled...

It might not seem like it but you never flossing COULD be the cause of your bad breath... I also wanted a bad breath cure, but I did not try hard enough and never flossed and didn't realize how nessisary it is...

You probably have tons of nasty bacteria in your gums that keeps spreading throughout your mouth...

I believe my gums are in good shape now... I suggest you do these things I did for my gums...

1. Floss every day AT LEAST once... I like to use Unwaxed floss because it actually has more friction against your teeth and scrapes plaque off better, but if your teeth are too tight together and it tears the floss, then use waxed floss...

2. Get a dental pick and scrape the plaque away from your teeth near the gum line like dentists do during a cleaning... This might seem hard to do at first and be a inconvenience, but I think it is important... I would always rinse with something antibacterial after flossing and scraping plaque from the gum line... You will probably notice your mouth stinks after doing steps 1 and 2 like mine did... Since the gum line is probably bleeding for sure, now is a good time to get some antibacterial stuff in there to help clean your gums... The blood that came out from my gums smelled too because I think it was infected...

3. Learn about oil pulling, or oil swishing as I call it... You get half a mouth full of oil, either coconut oil, or sunflower oil and you swish it in your mouth every day for maybe 20 minutes... It really cleans the gums and stuff and people have had really good results from it... It can cure gum disease and messed up gums and I think it will get rid of all the bacteria in your gums... I prefer nutivia extra virgin coconut oil because it is antibacterial, antiviral, and anti fungal... I also add a few drops of organic oregano oil for extra antibacterialness...

It is important to keep your gums healthy because it can actually cause blood poisining, heart disease, and stuff like that cuz it enters your blood stream...

My mouth became much wetter and cleaner after doing these 3 steps every day...

GOOD LUCK... Hopefully my advice can help you... If I was in your situation. I would definitely so this for at least a week.... That seems to be the time when you can tell a difference...
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Good advice there.
I have a relative who has never had BB before, but she does now. She has nothing specifically wrong, but suddenly her gums started bleeding more often when she brushed or flossed, even though she thought they were perfectly fine. Dentist can't do anything except for regular cleanings and she had one deep cleaning done too. The dentist says it's probably just her genetics that have allowed this to happen (she's nearly 50) or hormones. Even a periodontist can't help her.

I think it's because once bacteria get in there they become impossible to eliminate completely, or there's some kind of immune system thing or blood issue that makes a person suddenly vulnerable. It could even be changes to the bacterial profile/balance, such as through taking antibiotics, that suddenly overwhelms the mouth with more virulent bacteria. Even mouthwashes could do this.
I've told her a million times to buy a waterpik, but she hasn't.
It's an ongoing battle for her now. I must say though, when she's been to the dentist, her BB does seem to improve a bit. I don't think she realises how bad it is, so her only concern is the bleeding. Perhaps if she did more it would help.

Definitely get your gums checked out properly if there's any doubts about them! Definitely buy a waterpik if you can and don't overdo it.

Don't forget, if blood (or other secretions from the gums) continuously enters your mouth, even in tiny amounts, you WILL get bad breath purely from this when the waiting bacteria break these secretions down.
Manurebb
Total Newbie

Post by Manurebb »

@ShitTalker I already flossed twice today (in the morning and then after the lunch). Flossing thread had very strong smell like i had mentioned before. Since its the beginning I find it difficult to floss interior most teeth and they are the one giving out strong odor. Not to forget that it was bleeding but one of the upper tooth bleed like anything during the morning floss and didn't touch it again later.

Additionally, I also did oil pulling today using coconut oil for 10 minutes as after that my jaw was paining. I believe with practice you can easily swish oil for 20 minutes. So two of your three points I had already started today and after which I saw your reply which further motivated me. Thanks a ton. I am going to continue this for few weeks from now and confident that this is what will do the job.

@halitosisux I had deep cleaning done from my dentist in the month of March after which bleeding stopped while brushing and eating. But it bleed again today during flossing. So it looks like may be I need an appointment again but will wait for two more weeks as I read on the internet that it will bleed when you start to floss but eventually it will stop after couple of weeks of use. Regarding waterpik, it looks like much required tool for me since I can't reach interior most teeth during flossing. It is not available in any store in my hometown so I need to order it from Amazon.
ShitTalker
Junior

Post by ShitTalker »

Good job and good luck!

Flossing used to be a pain in the ass and I forgot to mention what I use...

This is what I use and I think it is the most convenient way to floss and the easiest way to reach the back teeth for sure... I did not floss every day until I got one of these... It's funny how the old school method works best, but no company sells them in stores, because they want you to buy refillable things that you have to keep spending money on...

Also, when my gums were real bad, I would like to get a mouthful of something antibacterial and keep it in my mouth as I floss, so whenever the floss goes down in my gums it takes some of the liquid in there too, so it would help kill off some bacteria... I think I was definitely on my way to having some kind of gum disease, but it seems like it might be going away, but I'm gonna keep doing my routine... My routine used to be such a huge pain in the ass, but now that I know my breath isn't terrible, I am motivated to keep doing it...

http://www.amazon.com/Flossaid-Dental-F ... Floss+pick

Just get the three pack Flossaid Dental Floss Holder I linked for a couple dollars more in case one breaks. If you click on the right side that says "6 new from" or whatever.... You can order it from someone other than Amazon, bcuz theirs is only an " add on item"

I have a question for Jimi stein, or one of the mods... Is there any way I can link an item on amazon that I recommend that would go through your account to help raise you revenue?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I'm a real thicko when it comes to these things, but what happens if you click on that Amazon link at the bottom of my posts?

I wish I knew more, but I didn't put that Amazon link in my profile, I think the site owner must have put it in. But perhaps if you click on it and then find the product you're looking for and then paste the link to your product in your post, it might work. If not then hopefully Jimi will answer this or we can send him a message to find out.
ShitTalker
Junior

Post by ShitTalker »

Judging from the link after I clicked it ,it looks like it has a referral code in it, so I I think buying something after clicking it will give the site owner some revenue...
ShitTalker
Junior

Post by ShitTalker »

I tried adding his link to my signature, but I don't think it worked right... I don't know how to add the clickable link like yours...
Help support this site's owner by shopping on Amazon after clicking this link Shop on Amazon.com
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I've sent you a PM. If you go into your your profile settings and look for the part that says "signature" and paste what I've sent you into there, it should work. If not then Jimi will have to do it, in the same way he must have done mine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic