Your Email Address:

First Name:

TMAU

Another possible cause of bad breath.
yeagermeister
Junior

Post by yeagermeister »

Did someone say this guy at the Monell center responds quickly to e-mail? That was not the case with me, I wrote him over 2 months ago without a response. I guess I will try calling instead, this place is about 20 minutes from where I live so I hope this guy will see me.

BronxJazzy

Post by BronxJazzy »

Me,
I agree 100% with your statement about TMAU. Its a rare desease and has a vary characteristic smell of either fish or dead fish when very high trimethy(whetever it's called) is found and in lower numbers can give off a garbage like smell. Also not everyone with TMAU has bad breath but they all have some form of body odor.

Yeagermeister I was the one that had emailed back and forth with Dr. Preti and I am surprised that he hasn't replied to you in so long :-k . I always kept my emails short but sweet and put in the subject line what I was writting to him about so he knew it wasn't junk email or something. I repied to him back and forth for a few days and he always replied to me the same day. Some days it was a couple of emails a day.
BronxJazzy

Post by BronxJazzy »

because of my unbelievably bad ocd I could not rest until I got checked for tmau. So I took the test and it came back negative. Not only was it negative but I had extremely low levels of tma in my system even after the choline load, and my enzyme levels are higher than average. All that stuff means I have a completely healthy liver. I am glad I got the test done. It helped to ease my mind.So I dont know if tmau is related to bb.
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

tmau is related to some bb and bo, but not necesarily to yours. i think there are some 5-10 different encime defficiencies that can cause bo and bb. any encime in the complex choline metabolism can be faulty and you can have only mild clinical symptomes but bo/bb. why can be choline metabolism disrupted? because there are several paths of them, and one less wont count. everybody gets way more choline via diet than it is necesarily for normal brain funtioning so thats why ppl with a choline metabolism problem are not retarded!
Vivian

TMAU has to be present very early on in life.....

Post by Vivian »

I just wanted to add that from doing my own research in the past; a Doctor mentioned that TMAU had to be present from early on in life, and if we're experiencing these symptoms in the last few years, or even during out teens, then it is highly on likely that anyone is suffereing from TMAU. Which is why it's a rare disease.
wenjie
Junior

TMAU?

Post by wenjie »

I think smell caused by TMAU can not travel that far like 50 meters ~100 meters.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic