Your Email Address:

First Name:

tmau ?

Another possible cause of bad breath.
hali_grl
Sheriff

tmau ?

Post by hali_grl »

my paternal grandmother god rest her soul passed away awhile ago of colon cancer and she had bb though not as powerful as mine hers didn't smell rottening or like fecal (i really don't know how my smell comes across) but like sour dry mouth. she passed when i was 10yrs old i dont know if her bb was bad all her life or just bc of old age & medicine making her mouth dry or digestive disturbances hence the colon cancer. are GI issues inherited? also my paternal little cousin has armpit odors she had to start wearing deodorant at about 4 yrs old. no one else in my family has odor issues.
is it possible to have genectic tmau from only paternal side?

deebo

Re: tmau ?

Post by deebo »

hali_grl wrote:
is it possible to have genectic tmau from only paternal side?
paternal side as opposed to what though ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Autorecessive.svg
i would say yes to the possibility .
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Also, the genetic type of TMAU which leads to missing or defective enzyme that converts TMA into TMAO doesn't just have one type. There's genetic combinations which mean we produce absolutely none of the enzyme, and give rise to the very worst type of TMAU. There's also genetic combination that gives us a reduced capacity for this enzyme to function properly.

The very worst type of TMAU requires the right type of defective genes from both parents. The less worse requires the defective gene from one of our parents.

I've said this very simplistically because I dont understand it in much detail, but the genes responsible can come from our grandparents. Very confusing but need to understand genetics to be able to make sense of it.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

deebo
i thought it took both parents to be carriers

sux
so i guess the worse would be the fishy smell and less would be rotten or fecal which is crazy bc i would rather smell like seaworld than sh*t, lol! :D
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

lol, yeah I know what you mean. Shit is the worst thing we can possibly smell of. Nothing pisses me off more than hearing someone complain about garlic breath or alcohol breath or cigarette breath. FFS I used to eat garlic and drink and smoke just to try to make myself smell nice for a bit. I actually love the smell of cigarettes or alcohol on breath.

Hali_grl have you ever tried eating foods containing very high choline content to see what effect it has on your breath? You can buy choline supplements to try this out.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

im taking b complex 100 with high levels of choline but honestly my bb is bad all the time no matter what even if i eat or don't. ive fasted 22 days and still bb. im almost certain i dnt have tmau bc bb is just one of my symptoms gi issues, sinus issues, recent acne breakouts (really recent 3 weeks ago), fatigue, really itchy flaky scalp, poor memory concentration, mood swings, sugar/carb cravings, low stomach acid, lower back pain, rining in ears sometimes, gas, bloating, indigestion, constipation, etc. i think i have candida and maybe hpylori i heard if u have one u may have the other. even if i have the ileoceal valve syndrome im sure its due to candida. i tried to beat candida on my own but its hard i need a action plan. when i start working im biting the bullet & going on the mccomb's plan. im also gonna try the 5htp to boost serotonin levels.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

It's really important to rule out helicobacter. All this effort you put in, and it could turn out to be something as simple as this.

"Candida" is pseudo science, unless there's a reason which is allowing a temporary overgrowth because there's a temporary disturbance which is upsetting the balance that exists between bacteria and fungi, or you have something wrong with your immune system. Simple blood tests can diagnose if there's anything wrong with any part of your immune system.

If you've got a problem in any part of your body that has a microbial flora, which is causing such an imbalance, then no type of diet or $$$ in purchases from swansons is going to permanently deal with that unless you discover what the underlying problem is that's causing this imbalance to occur.

Candida can grow in your sinuses, because sinuses are dark moist places and usually quite sterile. Perfect conditions where such opportunistic infections can take hold.

Newborn babies often get thrush on any part of their mucous membranes, from the mother's birth canal, but that goes as soon as other microorganisms begin colonizing and a balanced microbial flora starts to form. They don't end up with candida.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

yea im pretty sure i have a problem w/ candida and imbalanes due to the extreme prescribed :evil: anibiotic use id taken for years that i mentioned on other post. the only thing i can think of for correcting this is a anti-candida plan, natural hpylori treatment, maybe b clay for parasites & colon cleansing, hcl, and high does probiotics. what do u think?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

My belief is that when you take antibiotics you could create a temporary microbial imbalance inside your gut which could allow certain overgrowths to occur temporarily. Once you cease taking the antibiotics there's absolutely no reason why things wont quickly return to the way they were.

Apart from the sinuses, I dont know of any other part of the body where yeasts or fungi could take hold indefinitely. It's feasible that if you happen to have ever lived in a home that had an area of mould growing, antibiotics taken during this time may have increased the chances of some kind of fungal sinusitis to establish itself in any of these cavities.

I think if you discover that you have h.pylori, you need antibiotic therapy against it. If you discover that you have parasites, you need the correct drugs that target whatever you have.

I dont know what colon cleansing is specifially, but I cant imagine anything better than taking a laxative and plenty of water followed by healthy eating with plenty of fibre to clear your system out. When people have bowel surgery they normally only need to refrain from eating for 24 hours or so and the intestines are cleared. So, it generally doesnt normally need much more than that.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

ive always read antibiotics kill all bacteria which can allow yeast to over grow and become pathogenic these fungus ive read can develop spores that allows them to penetrate through the colon into the blood thus becoming systematic candida.

and i dont understad bc antibiotics are toxic themselves and when that 'imbalance' occurs the bad microbes left create a even more toxic environment in which they can only surive, thrive, and dominate. which is why ppl can develop hpylori w/ antiobio use.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

No antibiotic can kill all bacteria. Antibiotics are not the same as antibacterials. Antibiotics are what they are because they target small but deadly weaknesses of a certain spectrum of bacteria type.

But even if it were possible to completely eliminate all bacteria from the body, even if only temporarily, candida would not become systemic. It only becomes systemic if the immune system fails. Once it does this, you end up with very serious fungal infections anywhere around the body. You are basically half-dead at this point. Read about AIDS to see what systemic fungal infections are about.

Quacks love to talk about systemic candida because they want to bullshit people into buying into the whole concept that their repeated vaginal infections or their headaches etc are caused by this systemic candida that gets around the body. These people then buy their books and spend $$$$s on healthfoods from their websites. They feel slighly better, probably because of placebo effects, and then go on spending $$$$s until they realise it's got nothing to do with anything.

If you have a healthy immune system and you eat a healhty diet and have a healthy gut flora (as a result of this), candida will live harmlessly in the gut.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

i understand your theory but i believe my immune system is weakened. fom my understanding antibios make the immune system weak themselves and after taking as many as i did for as long as i did i think its safe to say. According to The Center of Disease Control (no quack scientist) invasive candida is the 4th most common blood infection in the US. Candida only becomes fatal when it causes infection in vital organs which in turn 'may' cause the organ to shut down or, which is more likely, to just not function properly unless ofcourse the person has aids or other severe immuno dieases..

I'm no dr im just relaying info ive learned after countless long nights researching causes and cures for my issues so im not the authority on this in no way. In the end its up to the individual to believe or not and unfortunately bc of my bb i believe.
cope

Post by cope »

Last edited by cope on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

There are 2 different levels of a Candida infestation. The first is called Mucocutaneous Candidiasis and describes infections of the mucous membranes; ie: Infections of the mouth and tongue known as Thrush (oropharyngeal candidiasis), vagina, esophagus, and gastrointestinal tract. Mucocutaneous infections are more common and thought of as being more "surface" or on the outer parts of the body, ie; not as deeply entrenched.

The second and stronger level of infestation is known as Disseminated Candidiasis (also called systemic candidiasis) and involves Candida in the bloodstream and infecting the organs of the body. This second type CAN be dangerous and even life-threatening, especially the non C Albicans types like C glabrata and C tropicalis. The longer Candida has infested a body the better chance it has gone through to the deeper levels.

I do believe in the LONG run if left untreated systematic candida can lead to life threatening illness such as cancers, diabetes, thyroids, organ failure, etc. ofcourse the doctors will never tie them w/ candida.
cope

Post by cope »

Last edited by cope on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic