Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

Because two close friends have told me so

somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

Corpsebreath wrote:Because two close friends have told me so
i see. so what kind of reactions do you get? and what would you consider true reactions
Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

somethinstinks wrote:
i see. so what kind of reactions do you get? and what would you consider true reactions
If you ask me, then all of these 'nose rubbing', 'nose covering', 'face touching' etc, are false reactions. Those are simply due to habits, tics, stress etc.

I believe that true reactions are much more subtle than that, but more often than not, the person will just stand there and inhale whatever stink you're emitting, because they don't want to be rude. Covering your nose because the person you're talking to smells bad wouldn't be okay if you ask me. It would be like saying: "You're a dirty pig to me". That's not how and adult person would act in that situation, unless it's someone who despises you.

If someone engages in a conversation with you and you have very offensive breath, they might take a few steps back, increasing the distance a bit, or they might excuse themselves and leave, or offer you a gum/mint.
In my opinion those are true reactions, but could of course happen anyway for whatever reason.

I also see people touch their nose etc all the time, and often it does make me self conscious about my breath. But it's because i'm sensitive and paranoid. If i keep paying attention to those people when they're engaged with others, i sometimes see them do the same things. I think it was halitosisux who once said that humans on average touch their nose 100 times per day, so even if you interact with only a few people, you're gonna see a lot of nose touching/rubbing.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Corpsebreath wrote:
somethinstinks wrote:
If you ask me, then all of these 'nose rubbing', 'nose covering', 'face touching' etc, are false reactions. Those are simply due to habits, tics, stress etc.

I believe that true reactions are much more subtle than that, but more often than not, the person will just stand there and inhale whatever stink you're emitting, because they don't want to be rude. Covering your nose because the person you're talking to smells bad wouldn't be okay if you ask me. It would be like saying: "You're a dirty pig to me". That's not how and adult person would act in that situation, unless it's someone who despises you.

If someone engages in a conversation with you and you have very offensive breath, they might take a few steps back, increasing the distance a bit, or they might excuse themselves and leave, or offer you a gum/mint.
In my opinion those are true reactions, but could of course happen anyway for whatever reason.

I also see people touch their nose etc all the time, and often it does make me self conscious about my breath. But it's because i'm sensitive and paranoid. If i keep paying attention to those people when they're engaged with others, i sometimes see them do the same things. I think it was halitosisux who once said that humans on average touch their nose 100 times per day, so even if you interact with only a few people, you're gonna see a lot of nose touching/rubbing.

You are one deluded guy.
It's normal to touch nose but if people do it more than the average then it's not coincidence anymore it becomes causative.

Average person might get 1 nose touch per 30 minute conversation but if you are getting 5 or more there is a problem.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic