Your Email Address:

First Name:

ok.... I finally decided to tell you all what the cure is

Acute halitosis posts goes here
sweetnlow

Post by sweetnlow »

I find that strawberries, pinapple dried blue berries and dried cherries helps freshin up my breath. Grapes and bananas make my breath worse also Beef, tacos, cheese (any dairy product except yoguart) makes my breath stank!!

I can eat cooked onions and sprinkle garlic salt on chicken and my breath won't be so bad but if I eat raw onions and garlic my breath will have that smell for almost 2 days. When I eat chocolate it will stay on my breath for a couple of hours even if I brush after I eat it.

Chicken (baked) is ok but I have to make sure I waterpik and brush really well. If I eat chicken and don't brush well before I go to bed the next morning when I proxy brush or floss I can smell a bad odor on those objects.

This is what I'm taking about find out what foods make bb for you and how long does it stay on your breath.

Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

I think the lingering odors from food is a common problem for many of us, especially those of us who have a white coating on the tongue. I find that the odors from onions, coffee, chocolate, mustard, etc. stay on my breath forever, while in most people those odors disappear after a few minutes.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

I think the lingering odors from food is a common problem for many of us, especially those of us who have a white coating on the tongue. I find that the odors from onions, coffee, chocolate, mustard, etc. stay on my breath forever, while in most people those odors disappear after a few minutes.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

But it's not just the smell of food, you know? You know when someone just ate a taco and how you can smell it on their breath? It doesn't really smell bad, just smells like tacos in your face when they speak to you.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

In a way this is a good point. Lingering smells from food are not the problem, of course. I would have given anything to be able to eat a ton of garlic and just smell like garlic as opposed to smelling of shit. The point is that a coating will allow the smell of foods to linger - that's actually why our tastebuds are nestled on the surface of the tongue to soak up the liqified food we're eating, otherwise we wouldnt be able to taste a thing - and the coating helps that process - but this coating is what also allows the smell of shit to linger too. But is it the actual CAUSE of the shit? I think it probably exacerbates any case of BB by increasing the anaerobic area in the mouth, but I dont think it causes it - if it did, then anyone with white tongue would have BB - and they dont!
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

Hi everyone.. Sorry I've been very busy with school I wasn't able to come check my post ; )

@ mike987: I was talking about myself and what I was going through.. my bb stopped and I was able to work on it more when I started going to the mosque in the month of ramadan..it does not apply to everyone, you may try to see if it works... but I was sharing my own experience.. I've got my own things to worry about ; )
abt diet, I am not asking you to completely change your diet to vegetables.. you may eat everything... I recommended vegetables, and to abstain from eating raw onion/garlic just for a few weeks so your body is able to regain it's strength and it can form those catalysts/ enzymes again.. BUT after reading ur posts.. it seems like you definitely need a deep intestinal cleaning!! you have to find a way to keep cleaning your stomach, intestines and keep it clean for atleast 2 weeks then your body will get used to it being clean!

@ hopefulness: yes it does seem like an old diet... and maybe our bodies are not used to taking in so much pollution and junk food.. ; ) well, as long as it works...

@ Kronx: YEAY!!! I'm happy you have started.. keep me updated.. and let me know how it works out for u, maybe I can help in different situations : )

@ Sweetnlow: Thank you sweety :-) that's exactly what I'm talking about, once we keep our bodies clean.. we will slowly be able to eat even raw onions like I just did a few minutes ago, and be able to break down the smelly particles withing a few hours...

@ Phantasist: yes they do cause problem, but once you clean your whole system like me, those won't be a problem.. infact now I only brush my teeth 2-3 times a day and have fresh breath most of the time, or even a sip of water during the day sometimes freshens up my breath...!!

@ Halitosisux: yes that is true.. the smell of shit is worse than garlic ; ) but I think once we cleanse our intestines and keep it like that we will be able to break down the small amounts of smell molecules taken/ synthesized in our body..
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

welcome back. maybe there's some hope for me yet. i pray there is. Keep contributing. It's inspiring.
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

@ wnaysha - are you male or female?
sorry for a silly question but you mentioned that you are a muslim.
As a muslim male i find it hard to stand next to other men in mosque prayers - in fact it hurts me so much , i find it very hard to attend these prayers.My question if you are male that is , what kind of gestures / attitudes did you get when you did suffer bad breath and what is the situation now that you are 'cured'?
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

@ hopelessone: i'm happy it's inspiring :) plz try the diet, I want to see you all cured god willing.

@ firebreath: I'm female ; ) lolz it's not a silly question.. after you try this diet with patience you will inshAllah see the difference.. and slowly be able to pray without problems...

I did a lot of research to see what causes bb islamically... and what I found out was maybe sin, or lack of responsiblity... I think Alllah(swt) wants us to wake up and through this know how complicated every part of human body and it's function is, yet we are all so ungrateful for everything else he has given us...

brother, please as a fellow muslim I ask u to pray more and extra night prayers are helpful too, even saying "O God, cure my illness, for you are the best healer, and when you heal don't leave a trace of the illness in me, Ameen". and try to help other people, and do good as it says in Quran "...ALLAH is the Best to guard, and He is the Most Merciful of those who show mercy." [يوسف/Yusuf:64]

and go to juma (friday) prayers... you won't believe how much they helped me, maybe it was the fact that I became grateful and worked with what I had as opposed to looking for different products, that I was able to find this cure... Allah knows..

"We have made some of you as a trial for others: will ye have patience? For Allah is One Who sees (all things)----(Quran 25:20) so brother have patience even if you see someone react to your bb, learn to abstain from bad food..

yes, I always had problem praying with others so I used to go with my mom and sis and stand in the middle ; ) LOLzz or stand in a corner, and I was slowly able to pray with others and didn't see any reactions after this diet.. hope it helped bro : ) let me know if you have any other questions... my prayers are with you : )
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

Thank you sister, actually i am very blessed that (just like yourself) that we have such a wonderful deen (way of life) that despite all our trials we come out as better human beings.
Inshallah (god willing) you now leave a better life , one day , Inshallah the same will happen to me....
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

@ firebreath: I'm going to inshAllah pray 2 rikat for you tonight Smile I hope it helps you bro..

and one more advice... make sure your food isn't too hot when you're eating it, i'm saying this because when I eat hot food I feel a difference in the consistency of my saliva,, at the same time my tongue becomes dry, and it seems like those enzymes that used to help break odor causing chemicals, seem to denature.... so eat all 3 meals, a good breakfast ( decaf green tea, little bit of sugar, etc.) then lukewarm lunch(a little salty) and lukewarm dinner(a little salty)

I encourage you to pm me and let me know what your symptoms are... so we can work together to solve it inshAllah..
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

Thank you sister for that,I will keep what you have said in mind and pray for you too.
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

@ firebreath: your welcome :) I will soon be posting a new experiment I did in my microbiology class!! it will answer aloot of our questions !!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Wnaysha, I did try to warn you about using gunpowder on your tongue
:-({|=
BBman
Total Newbie

Post by BBman »

S.A. firebreath and wnaysha. Do you still have problems with your breath or is it gone now? May I ask what type of bad breath you were suffering from?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic