Your Email Address:

First Name:

It's gone

Acute halitosis posts goes here
jane
It has nothing to do with what you eat/ your insides

Post by jane »

Carri,

Your bb is coming from tonsil stones in your lingual tonsils. Even if you have not coughed one up in a while, or you had your palatine tonsil removed before, that is where it's coming from.

A lot of people on this site are acting as if they have no brains. I've heard everything... leaky gut, bad diet, what have you. But I can tell you with absolute certainty that you will forever have the intermittent smell because there are tonsil stones in your lingual tonsils that "shift" as your throat moves/flexes (from vigorous gargling). When you are constantly brushing your teeth and gargling, drinking, whatever, the throat muscles become used to that activity, and eventually become so strong that they will close off part of your throat. It's like a "stuck" feeling, like you can't get to a certain part of your throat. So when this happens, it blocks off the exposure of your tonsil stone(s).

Honestly, I think the elderly are the only people who can have bad breath because of internal issues. THE REST OF US HAVE OUR LINGUAL TONSILS. I HAVE RESEARCHED BB EXTENSIVELY AND HAVE LEARNED THROUGH TRIAL AND ERROR AND TRULY PAYING ATTENTION TO MY BODY FOR YEARS.

One day it's there, one day it may not be. As if magically, right? You have clean breath, you're feeling fantastic, and then in the afternoon sometime, or whenever, the smell pops up. Your throat was so relaxed b/c you thought your bb was gone, so you weren't even looking out for bad smells.... so you're talking freely... and then you get reactions. Or you get a wiff of something horrid and you think "Whoa someone stinks... I feel sorry for them. Can't believe that used to be me". IS WAS YOU. YOUR THROAT MUSCLES TOOK HOURS TO RELAX AND HAVE NOW EXPOSED THE TONSIL STONE.

The best thing to do is to not gargle and stuff so vigorously. But for a bb sufferer, especially those with pnd (which I think most of us have) , that can be damn near impossible.

Good luck girl. Just relax that throat and give it a chance to allow the stones to come out on their own. And not get lodged deeper inside! No need for the insane diets. The reason for all of this is simple.

AND IF NO ONE BELIEVES ME, FIND ME A PERSON ON HERE WITH NO PALATINE TONSILS AND NO LINGUAL TONSILS AND TELL ME THEY STILL HAVE BB. THEY WON'T.

jane
Post by jane »

Also,

The only other people with chronic bb may get it from rotting teeth or wisdom teeth that need to be extracted.

I HAVE HAD BOTH AND GOT THEM TAKEN CARE OF.

Now im off to find an ent doctor who knows that tonsil stones exist and can cause CH. AND CAN USE HIS WILDEST IMAGINATION IN CONSIDERING THAT MY LINGUAL TONSILS CAN IN FACT BE AS CRYPTIC AS MY PALATINE, AND ARE HOLDING A COLONY OF TONSIL STONES.

And hopefully, he will give me a lingual tonsillectomy. And I will have no tonsils left. And be subject to disease with no defense system. But I DON'T CARE.

AND TO ALL THOSE SCREAMING HALITIFOBIA: When you stop caring( as some claim to be cured as a result of this), you stop straining your throat, and the stones and pnd can come out naturally and effortlessly. So you will only have flare-ups. That are very short. And since your throat is relaxed all the time, when you drink water to wash down your food, IT'S ACTUALLY WASHED AWAY BECAUSE THERE'S NO PART OF YOUR THROAT THAT THE WATER CAN'T GET TO. SAME GOES FOR GARGLING SOLUTIONS- IT WILL REACH ALL PARTS OF YOUR THROAT THAT YOU NEED IT TO BECAUSE IT HAS NOT BEEN STRAINED AND CONTORTED.

Know how I know? After the tonsillectomy of my palatine tonsils, I couldn't gargle for weeks. Not vigorously anyway. And I had massive mucous. When I was healed to where gargling was less painful, I started again, and I saw tonsil stones come out effortlessly. Tonsil stones and the most pnd mucous you could ever have. I forgot to mention that I also had an adenoidectomy in the same procedure. That's probably the reason for all the mucous.

ALSO...

For the first few years of my bb journey, I could care less that I had bad breath. I never gargled, I ate sugar, dairy, did all I wanted to do (which we all know is a no-no today). My breath was horrible- but I was attractive and funny and outgoing and somehow that helped people not care. But anyway, after a few years, I started getting fed up that my breath ALWAYS smelled and I wondered why. I remember gargling randomly, and several tonsil stones and yellow/ brown pnd came out into the sink. My breath still stunk (b/c I had several more still in tonsils- all sets), but it wasn't as bad. THE POINT IS: I didn't alter my throat by using specific breathing/ talking techniques( I hardly breathed and tried to strain my throat closed while speaking in hopes of limiting the smell), I didn't gargle like a mad woman, I wasn't really conscious of my bb so the stones were exposed and vulnerable enough to easily come out. Over the years, I have turned my throat into some kind of monster, and I imagine it resembles a labyrinth that houses countless tonsil stones. I remember when my palatine tonsils were in, and it seemed like I had a never- ending amount of stones in them. I don't know how that's possible, but it is.

If you guys have experienced some of the things I've mentioned, and don't think this makes perfect sense ...

AGAIN- find me someone who has no palatine or lingual tonsils AND NO ROTTEN/BAD TEETH, and I dare you to tell me they still have halitosis.
SHITBREATH
Advanced

Post by SHITBREATH »

Thanks Jane!
I'm going for lingual tonsils surgery next.
My smell is coming from my throat and the back of my toungue.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I'd wait for Jane if I were you
p1drobert
Total Newbie

what about ICV problems

Post by p1drobert »

SHITBREATH wrote:Thanks Jane!
Don't go cutting things off in surgery hoping that it will solve your problem!!!
I had my tonsils removed 40 years ago, and I've had chronic bad breath for the past 20 years.

This is why I'm here. I'm investigating a possible link between really bad breath and the Ileocecal valve in the stomach. Like you I have the following symptoms:
- breath like a sewer (fecal smell)
- burning sensation in my throat.
- Post nasal drip, all day, every day.
- Sinus issues, sinus pain,etc.

and more recently intermintant pain around my appendix. Which lead me to wonder about the ileocecal value which sits around the appendix and controls the flow between the large and small intestine. I have a bad back, slipped a disk about 25 years ago. I vaguely remember my bad breath issues starting around then. I Kept getting soar throats and chewing on thoat losenges all day, every day for months because my throat hurt so much.
Do any of you people suffer from similar back problems, or have back pain, or stomach pain around the appendix?
Reading up on this valve the symptoms of a ICV problem describe the same we're experiencing, including bad breath. I'd like to find out if other people could be in the same boat as me before approaching my doctor with my suspicions.

REgards
Robert
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jane
Post by jane »

SHITBREATH wrote:Thanks Jane!
Hey, I don't know your story, but I will say that you have to be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that it's coming from your lingual tonsils before you get them taken out. And then you have to tell me what doctor will do it for you because it's a controversial surgery that almost no one is willing to do :(

A good indication is if you don't have your palatine tonsils and you still hack up tonsil stones.
p1drobert
Total Newbie

Post by p1drobert »

Stankie wrote:Robert, sounds like a possible case of SIBO. Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth. Some nasty bacteria can make it's way into the small intestines from the large intestine this way.

If you have a bad back, you probably take some pain medicine. These lead to constipation and can also cause problems with the gut as a whole. My BB got really bad after a ski accident that messed up my back. I took a lot of Tylenol and other pain medicine, which I think contributed to my suspected case of SIBO and probably did irreparable damage to my.gut lining and also my liver.
I spoke with a phd candidate in microbiology who studies got bacteria, and He said that SIBO is very real and could be caused by chronic constipation. Its a major focus of study currently in health and disease.
Hi Stankie,
I rarely take pain medication for it except on rare occassions when I throw my back out again. Normally its just mild pain, lower back, which I deal with without drugs.

The ICV valve is controlled by nerves coming from the L1 disk in your spine, lower back. Did you ever consider that it wasn't the drugs you were taking that caused the BB but the fact that the nerves in your back were compressed and preventing normal functioning of the ICV.

I suspect that you are correct in saying that SIBO has occurred. However I also suspect that SIBo has occurred and will continue to occur as a result of the ICV not properly closing as it should. If this is occurring, then it means that not only do we need to treat the SIBO but the ICV issue as well otherwise we'll keep getting bugs from the large intestine migrating to the smaller intestine and repeating the process of us getting BB.
Regards
Robert
ThisSucks
Junior

Re: It has nothing to do with what you eat/ your insides

Post by ThisSucks »

Holy Shit!
An age old problem is finally solved by a woman who is claiming halitosis can only be caused by lingual and palatine tonsil stones. And halitosis definently CANNOT be an intestinal problem, except for old people.....
Cured already, just helping as much as I can
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tieuvodanh

Post by tieuvodanh »

I also got burning throat (by acid reflux). But the mystery also began after I took painkiller for my feet 's pain. The painkiller caused pain in my stomach; so my stomach became sensitive and smaller amount of food is enough to cause reflux.

Did you check the back part of your tongue with your finger to see whether it 's rough or smooth and whether it smells bad before saying SIBO in gut...etc ? (b/c SIBO in gut usually goes along with a lot of gas, bloating... i.e IBS)
p1drobert
Total Newbie

Post by p1drobert »

[quote="Stankie
Well with me, I got really constipated from the pain medicine, which I think is a big part of what was going wrong with my gut. I didn't have any pinched nerves, but I guess it could have messed up the signalling some how.[/quote]

If your nerves weren't being compressed then you wouldn't be feeling any pain. You can take it as given that if you're feeling back pain then your nerves along the spine are being affected.
When I feel a large amount of back pain I also get constipated. The bowel relies on nerve signals to signal contractions that moves food along. When I first hurt my back I didn't take any drugs thinking it would pass on its own. It didn't. Only in recent years do I take some anti-inflamatories but only at its worst. Even when my back feels fine theres always some short term stiffness and misalignment going on.

Right now I'm also feeling hip pain like you mentioned. Apparently its common to have sacriliac pain with ileocecal problems.

Next week I'm going to see my doctor to discuss it. In the past when I've brought the subject up about my bad breath, post nasal drip, and sinus issues all I got was shrug, and a "check your diet, and have your teeth checked"
Doctors see hundreds of patients daily and pretty soon they tune out. Anything that requires a bit of deep thinking gets a guess and a shrug.
Maybe if I explain to him what I think is happening this time I might get reffered to someone who knows more on the subject. Sadly here in Melbourne Australia some of the tests for stomach bugs may not be in a doctors known things to do, but I'll ask and we'll see what happens.

and yes, to the other post. currently I have belching and bloating. In fact I noted in the past that when I find myself belching reqularly that my breath is at its worst.

so currently its hip pain, pain at the appendix regions, bloating, burping, soar throat, post nasal drip, and I can melt the make up off a girls face at 2 meters. Its small wonder I'm still single after all these years.
Regards Robert.
p1drobert
Total Newbie

Post by p1drobert »

[quote="tieuvodanh"]I also got burning throat (by acid reflux). But the mystery also began after I took painkiller for my feet 's pain. The painkiller caused pain in my stomach; so my stomach became sensitive and smaller amount of food is enough to cause reflux.

Did you check the back part of your tongue with your finger to see whether it 's rough or smooth and whether it smells bad before saying SIBO in gut...etc ? (b/c SIBO in gut usually goes along with a lot of gas, bloating... i.e IBS)[/quote

Where in the stomach did you get these pains. I'm wondering if the ICV valve may still be involved despite the fact that in this case its drug related.

I'm wondering if acidic fumes from the stomach might be enough to cause a burning sensation in the throat as opposed to full blown acid reflux.
tieuvodanh

Post by tieuvodanh »

p1drobert,

I have constant minor pain in the lower stomach. But I guess together with that I also have a disease like a part of my esophagus became narrow and I used to have food stuck there after I ate and reflux upward. But I guess your sore throat may be related to your sinusitis . I suggest you lift weight
heavily for 6 months to cure your sinusitis. 10 yrs ago I used to have acute so re throat from sinusitis and antibiotics couldn't treat the root cause. So I lifted weight to let my immune system to kill the bacteria/viruses permanently. But then I got allergy to many things b/c my immune system became too strong.
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Re: It has nothing to do with what you eat/ your insides

Post by hopelessone »

ThisSucks wrote:Holy Shit!
An age old problem is finally solved by a woman who is claiming halitosis can only be caused by lingual and palatine tonsil stones. And halitosis definently CANNOT be an intestinal problem, except for old people.....
ROFLOLOL!!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic