Your Email Address:

First Name:

book recommendation

Here you can pray for yourself, for others, to Jesus, Alah, Jahve, Krishna, Buda etc
baguio
Advanced

book recommendation

Post by baguio »

Well, I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be posting in this section! Having said that, its not really a religion-based post - just that this category would be the nearest applicable.

Just half way through 'The Power of Now' by Eckhardt Tolle - calls itself a guide to spiritual enlightenment. That book has been around for over ten years - but he has also written another book - The New Earth - which continues on the same theme. You can get a very good idea of whether its of interest from these video clipshere
Finding it hard to get my head around it in parts but I think its worth the journey..

katie
Junior

Post by katie »

Many thanks for that Baguio. Will try and get my hands on a copy as I would be very interested . Interestingly enough, Arun knew a lady who cured herself from TMAU using Louise Hay's books, meditation and energy work,
Last edited by katie on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

@katie - Easons stock it, worth checking out but I would say don't even start reading it unless your in the frame of mind to read that type of book at that particular time.
A lot of it seems logical but actually actively applying what he suggests is a different story altogether!
Hadn't heard of Louise Hay - must check out her books.
katie
Junior

Post by katie »

Have it ordered. Will let you know what I think. I love those kind of books generally-speaking although there have been a few that I thought were rubbish such as The Secret. I think I need them more than most just to help make some sense of my condition, Incidentally does an improvement in your overall wellbeing mean that your breath improves as well?
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

katie wrote:Incidentally does an improvement in your overall wellbeing mean that your breath improves as well?
Difficult to quantify. But then overall improvement in its own right is no bad thing.
deebas
Advanced

Post by deebas »

I've read the power of now and it was an inspirational book, i especially like the part where the executive passes as a street person..

A book I would highly recommend is called "The Eightfold Path for the Householder" by Jack Kornfeld and is made available for free by Buddhnet at the following URL:

www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/ritepath.pdf

Please consider making a donation if you enjoy the book...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic