Your Email Address:

First Name:

Reasons Prayers are Unanswered

Here you can pray for yourself, for others, to Jesus, Alah, Jahve, Krishna, Buda etc
Shit4Breath
Master

Post by Shit4Breath »

Deebo
No problem, I guess i thought because this was a 'religion' forum on this site, 'religious' content woulld be appropiate. But I guess because of secular moderators it is endangered to be 'locked'.

Jimi,
How are you? I sincerely hope everything is going ok with you and that you are still walking in faith on your spiritual journey!

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Shit4breath, why don't you make a new thread. It's a little too late for this one. I won't post it in, I promise.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Mike, thanks for your kind words.

I really enjoy reading the views that others who've shared similar experiences, have about their relationship with God. I can't think of anything more important in terms of coping and trying to understand why we go through suffering of any kind.

I spent decades in the wilderness because of BB, trying to make sense of my existence and my suffering and trying to find some reason or purpose to it all. But like nearly every story, it's hard to know what it's all about until you get to the twist at the end. That's my own personal view of life how I see it right now.

My views are very similar to yours regarding religion and it's basis. Some people like to question things and others just prefer to build walls around the beliefs they hold on to.

I could have got on my knees and begged God for mercy. But if there is a creator then he must have chosen to put us through our particular suffering. If there's any purpose to our lives whatsoever then it's got to be about the things we learn about ourselves through our individual journey and the wisdom we gain in the process. If God took away all suffering then it would take away the whole purpose of existence.

I don't know very much about religion. I switched off at a very young age. But I do understand some of the concepts of God and righteousness and how it all relates to life and humanity.

I've known people who have terrible bad breath (never room filling though) but still enough to turn your stomach within a foot or two when they speak. They don't have the faintest clue, but yet, despite subjecting everyone around them with their stench, they still manage to lead perfectly happy and fulfilling lives.

So what I'm saying is, no matter how we look at it, bad breath IS ONLY the problem which WE have allowed it to become.

So just imagine that you are God. What would you do? Would you just give what the person asks? Or would you say NO, this person has the power within them, and if they want it badly enough then it's up to them to find a way to unlock that power and rise above it whatever it is they're asking release from. They don't need my mercy.

That's why I think prayers go unanswered.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

don't want to offend people but reasons prayers go unanswered is because it's all made up hocum.

if we want cures (as hard as it is to find it i know) we gotta get off our ass and get down to business to sort it.
Mm123
Total Newbie

Post by Mm123 »

So am i the only one whose muslim here... sad life :'(

:cry:
guzler
Advanced

Post by guzler »

no you are not the only muslim here, they are few in here, im one of them .
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

I get the feeling if I was cured I would go around smoking pot and having sex with women all day, which is super ungodly. God probably doesnt answer my prayers because of that, also because im not a full believer in him
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I know I've turned out a completely different person to what I know I would otherwise have been. Whether I'm a "better" person or not I don't know because I'm still human and all humans are full of shit unless it's going to benefit them in some way not to be. So there's no such thing a good human, only a human who gets better at convincing himself he's good for ultimately selfish reasons.

But I'm definitely a more aware person than I would otherwise have been.

I'm not a better person, but I'm a far less ignorant person. My belief or non-belief in any religion or of a God hasn't changed one bit. But I feel a "God" is present that chose to make the whole universe exist so that my own conscience could come into existence. That is the only magic I can be certain of. So I strive to learn and understand everything around me, purely because I feel it's a duty to do that and actually BECOME a "better" person, not just do things that make me think or feel or believe I'm a better person.
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

I believe God CAN answer prayer, but at times He chooses not to. It's at those times that i "wrestle" with Him. Just like David, who poured it out to God, so do i...and just like Jacob in his pure angst, "wrestled with God out of pure desperation, so do i.

Venting should be all right in this thread. Where ELSE can we take our angst that is beyond what we can bear? We're all in this together, really. Who ELSE have we got?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic