Your Email Address:

First Name:

good hair day and good breath day

All the good days that you have, something good happened instead of depressed days with bad breath
stinkyrose
Total Newbie

good hair day and good breath day

Post by stinkyrose »

Hi,

I just want to let the world know that today i woke up pretty happy. Why? Because my hair was perfect, my tongue was pink, and my breath was supa fresh. \:D/

This is what i have been working on personally for the past couple weeks, and i think its working...

...eating at least 50% raw foods every day. No sugars or grains or soy. Just salads, fruits, green smoothies, and raw snacks.

...taking in more probiotics and probuotic foods, including VSL3 probiotics and sauerkraut.

...drinking anti-pathogen and stomach soothing teas (pau d'arco, peppermint, fennel...) and supplements (kyolic garlic, peppermint oil).

...taking in more fluids daily.

...supplementing with betaine HCL ~ a big help and returned my tongue to a healthy PINK :)

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Maybe I should start eating sauerkraut too. Couldn't hurt, right?
stinkyrose
Total Newbie

Probiotic Foods Replenish Your Gut with the Good Guys!

Post by stinkyrose »

Hi Mike,

yes, I would definitely recommend eating probiotic-rich foods. It's a cheaper way to get your probiotics instead of buying the expensive supplements. I take a supplement called VSL#3 and it is SUPER expensive and my health insurance doesn't cover it.

so, eat sauerkraut and other fermented vegetables, water/coconut water kefir, home fermented yogurt (usually 24 hrs)...

sauerkraut is actually really easy to make and there are plenty of resources on the internet on how to make it. You basically need cabbage (green or purple variety), which naturally has the beneficial microorganisms on the leaves, some sea salt, water, and a wide-mouth glass jar or ceramic jar. let it ferment for a few days depending on the season (if it's warmer or colder in your home; warmer = you get to eat it sooner)...and then put it in the fridge to suspend the fermentation and eat it over a few weeks or even months. I like to put shredded carrots in with my cabbage...DELISH!
glamourgirl05
Junior

Post by glamourgirl05 »

Hey rose so you've gone raw, I must admit I've tried once before, and its really hard to keep it up, any advice? And besides having a fresher mouth, how do you know bb its improved around ppl?
stinkyrose
Total Newbie

Post by stinkyrose »

Eating raw does involve more thinking, creativity, and preparation. However, to stay eating mostly or all raw, you have to simplify your meals. Don't try to mimic reular meals with complicated recipes (like making a raw pizza or raw cake) to start out with.

Try simple meals like:

Smoothie breakfast: blend together 1/2 leafy greens with 1/2 fresh fruits. The possibilities are endless. The fiber in the greens will fill you up and prevent your system from using the fruit sugar too quickly. The minerals in the greens are also good for you (you will see stronger nails and beautiful skin).

Salads...speaks for itself. Throw in variety of colorful fresh poduce. The prettier your food looks to you, the more you will want to eat it. Add avcado if you're hungrier than usual. Use extra virgin olive oil and lime/lemon juice for you dressing...that's simple and easy to pack with you.

Snack on soaked nuts (aka "sprouted") and fruits...or veggies with a nut butter dip. The reason you soak nuts before eating is the inhibitory chemicals in the nuts will be released in the water so your body can assimilate the nutrients better. Different nuts require different saking time, but I usually just soak them overnight the night before.

Drink plenty of filtered water (without chlorine) or herbal tea without caffeine.

After a couple weeks of no refined sugar, your body will get used to eating raw, lighter meals. If its hard to chew raw foods, make more smoothies!

Don't be too strict on yourself in the beginning. The key is to think: I am eating *this food* because I love myself. Its okay to eat something not quite good for you, but make it a treat/occasion rather than every day.

I invested in a few kitchen equipment & utensils because I want to eat more raw foods and commit to a cleaner diet. The cleaner and fresher the food, the cleaner your insides will be...

I have: high speed blender (viamix), food processor, spiral slicer, and a dehydrator. I will eventually invest in a juicer too. Don't worry - you don't necessarily need expensive equipt to eat better. It just makes food prep faster. After all, our ancestors ate pretty simply.

Think: fresh, live, and variety.
stinkyrose
Total Newbie

Post by stinkyrose »

glamourgirl05 wrote:Hey rose so you've gone raw, I must admit I've tried once before, and its really hard to keep it up, any advice? And besides having a fresher mouth, how do you know bb its improved around ppl?
I've read that you can't smell your own breath, well...for me, I can tell when my breath is bad. I don't haev 100% clean breath yet, but I can tell its much fresher. My mouth does not get as much of a white coating. And upon ising in the morning, my tongue is only lightly white...and smells a lot better than if I were to include dairy, meat, sugar, and refined flour in my diet. Also, my teeth doesn't get fuzzy anymore. That must be a good thing...right? I imagine the fuzzy film on your teeth is bacteria and plague, also contributing to BB.

My bf also wants to kiss me more. Lol...bless him for putting up with my poor breath.
glamourgirl05
Junior

Post by glamourgirl05 »

Thanxs so much for the great info! Really apreciated! :) I hope bb continues to improve
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic