Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bad Breath has given me new perspective.

All the good days that you have, something good happened instead of depressed days with bad breath
FedUp
God

Bad Breath has given me new perspective.

Post by FedUp »

Back before all this started I used to worry about the stupidest things.
Now when my breath is back to normal I am 100% certain I will be the most confident I will have ever been. I've always been shy in nature but still have got good friends and had girlfriends in the past.

I used to avoid contact with people as I was shy and I could never start conversations or talk to people. But now this has been stripped from me I want to be that loud guy who can sit amongst people and relax again.

So when I do get cured this breath will not only have gone but in a funny way will have socially saved me. I never thought I'd miss human contact so much, just to be close to someone and talking freely without sweating or trying not blast air directly in their faces. Although I do not think my breath is heavily offensive, noone reacts to me. I guess I have breath that doesn't blast you straight up but lingers causing people to comment that I should wipe my ass..... lol

once my tonsils are out and my sinus issues are sorted. I am gonna live my life to the full. my ENT and doc seem to think I have chronic rhino-sinusitis which I've read does cause odor in the sinuses.

I know it sounds crazy I used to worry so much about stupid things but since this breath took over I stopped caring about small things that don't matter.

There are people on this earth who have worse situations than us always. I am thankful for my life and that I have no illnesses apart from this.

I was recently looking at photos from past times and thinking back on times I had fun bb free, a warm feeling came across and I can't wait to be back on the good times. Simple things like just going for some food and drink are hell. The notion of not stinking is foreign to me atm. Let's hope my ENT trips save me for good.

To my original point, when I'm cured I'm gonna be mr confident I know it.
People these past months at work have been constantly saying "you've not been yourself for a while" "why are you so down?" "why are you depressed?" Before this all happened I was kind of the work clown, It's funny because I could be loud and jokey infront of crowds but one to one with people I was a social wreck lol Now people wonder why I don't smile or do silly things anymore.

It's hard when people ask if you've farted or say you should shower or wipe your ass.

I cannot wait to going back to being the old me.

One day a colleague popped some gum and started chewing whilst saying "ahhhh minty fresh"... don't know whether he was bullying me or just trying to warn me somehow. I remember one day before I discovered this mess that was my breath I was stood at a computer and I farted, I actually said "I just farted" a colleague looked at and said "i know i can smell you"...

at first I Lolled cos I did fart. later on in the day I'm sat at my desk, guy to the right is squirming in his seat, I ask whats up he's like "you're a dirty bastard" then turns on his fan. I was sat puzzled because I hadn't farted..

I was breathing through my nose.....

I thought nothing of it I just carried on for a few weeks.

Then another day I'm sat there just chilling working, a colleague comes in.... bad look on his face
"you should get a shower smells like you haven't wiped your ass in 4 days"

I was sat mortified like WTF are you talking about.

Went to a canteen I sat down and exhaled heavily through my nose as I sat down, he went to sit down but moved away and said "smells like you haven't wiped your ass in 4 days".

This is when it all began, the era of being socially crippled.

A few weeks ago I was breathing through my nose to test it.

low and behold Ii was told to stop farting.

lol my story went off, needed to vent also.

The first time I discovered tonsil stones Ii was mortified they smelled like feces and I was just in disbelief.....

I wish I had went to an ENT doctor sooner. This has psychologically damaged me..

but anyways I hope to be mr confident in the future....

Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

Hey man, terrible story, worse than mine, I don't smell bad unless I talk.
Um..if you don't mind me asking, do you still have wisdoms?

When is your surgery? You should keep persuading them otherwise they'll just keep delaying it, for some reason the docs aren't too keen on taking out tonsils.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

i think i still have my wisdoms. theres no smell from my gums anywhere.

as for my surgery, i got an ENT appointment soon. after that appointment I will get my surgery date, thankfully it's free on the NHS but the consultant did say when I saw him that he will remove my tonsils and get a CT sinus scan. he said chronic rhino sinusitis. so hopefully i will get this sorted soon. it's crazy how much life has changed within months. up until this year i never had no issues. anyways for now i'm just doing everything in my power to reduce stink which i'm doing good at so far, no comments or anything for a while. no reactions either so thats a plus but wow my tonsils stink lol can't wait until they're out. i turn 23 next month and next year I am gonna live my life trouble free (hopefully).

sinus rinsing has helped tremendously with PND also. bacteria can make life a living hell. it's all so simple for me, it's bacteria in my sinuses.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

It's good that you have found the reason behind your suffering.
You know I'm 23 too, and my bb wasn't that bad before, but this year was terrible, it started around march, and all those times when my family and cousins kept telling me to go the dentist to check out the infection, I ignored them.... I don't know why I didn't go, I think it was fear, but eventually I caved in after months of suffering, it turned out that my wisdoms were impacted.
Hopefully we can move on and enjoy life like everyone else =)
time4change
Junior

Post by time4change »

You sound so much like myself, ive had people say similar things, and was also shocked when i discovered my tonsil stones a year or two ago. The smell was the worst Ive ever smelled.

I think you get to a point where sitting around being depressed is awful, and the only thing is to look forward to being cured. I cant wait to be around people again, sit in peoples cars, go to friends houses, these things I wouldnt dream of doing at the moment.

I wish you all the best hope you get better from this soon :)
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

time4change wrote:You sound so much like myself, ive had people say similar things, and was also shocked when i discovered my tonsil stones a year or two ago. The smell was the worst Ive ever smelled.

I think you get to a point where sitting around being depressed is awful, and the only thing is to look forward to being cured. I cant wait to be around people again, sit in peoples cars, go to friends houses, these things I wouldnt dream of doing at the moment.

I wish you all the best hope you get better from this soon :)

it's just awful when people make comments as you are powerless as you cannot do anything you have to sit there and take it. the feeling of hopelessness often creeps in but then i think of past times where i had no problems in life and I think towards the cure in the future. the only thing that keeps me going atm. I refuse to quit my job I worked hard to get, ***k em all as 2Pac often said lol
HigherThoughts
Advanced

Post by HigherThoughts »

Yea I understand what you mean about the little things. Now that I have this problem I don't care about the other small things anymore. I know if I also get cured I can become more confident as well.

That's weird that people think you farted or something. For me I think people know that is is my breath that stinks. At least you can take measures to reduce your smell. And you seemed to have located the source.

I'm still racking my brain trying to figure out my problem. I have no idea what the source is for me or how to even reduce it.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

HigherThoughts wrote:Yea I understand what you mean about the little things. Now that I have this problem I don't care about the other small things anymore. I know if I also get cured I can become more confident as well.

That's weird that people think you farted or something. For me I think people know that is is my breath that stinks. At least you can take measures to reduce your smell. And you seemed to have located the source.

I'm still racking my brain trying to figure out my problem. I have no idea what the source is for me or how to even reduce it.
this is what annoys me the most. I can speak in peoples faces and they don't even flinch. For instance Ii was talking in a colleagues face sat right next to him and he didn't even flinch or move or even signal a smell was there. but then an hour later he's telling me to wipe my ass properly.... it's so frustrating because i think I can be having a good day until someone comments.

I sometimes get drunk and sit in disbelief that is actually happening to me.

It's like an outer body experience, a nightmare that won't end.
i've lived over 21 years with no problem now all of a sudden this happens.

I do remember one time way over a year ago, I was in a pub with friends and someone comment that it smelled like shit (i was breathing through my nose). I thought nothing of it and was like "why are you looking at me?" I carried on as usual for a good 7 months with no comments, no problems until july of this year.... maybe this is some gay sinus thing. oh god it frustrates me to no end. Well I'll guess I'll find out when I get a CT scan of my sinuses and my vulgar holey tonsils removed.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

HigherThoughts wrote:Yea I understand what you mean about the little things. Now that I have this problem I don't care about the other small things anymore. I know if I also get cured I can become more confident as well.

You and me both, brother.

Halitosissux.. You are wise and have been here for many years. You've heard many a story and you're scientific in your approach to bad breath.

Will you please open a clinic and diagnose us? I don't expect such a thing to happen, but man, that would be so helpful. I, myself, can't smell it. I need someone who can help me figure this shit out.

See if it smells from my nose alone.. mouth alone.. Brush my teeth, see if it smells. Water pik, see if it smells. Do the full oral routine and still see if it smells. What if I don't brush my teeth but I hack out all the mucus in the back of my throat as good as I can.. Under various diet conditions.. In the morning.. in the evening..

I need this shit figured out. I need a real diagnosis, and I'm not talking about a Doc whose time is money and who doesn't give a ****ing damn to sniff me in weird ways when other patients are waiting to throw huge money his way for a piece of paper and pills.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I wish I could do that Mike. Wow nothing would give me greater satisfaction than for us all to get together with all the resources we need at our disposal.

Scanners, endoscopes, drugs, testing equipment, gas spectrometers, etc etc. What a dream it would be to be able to do that.

But saying that, I don't think there's anyone else in the world who has a better chance of diagnosing the cause of a person's BB than Dr. Aydinmur.
HigherThoughts
Advanced

Post by HigherThoughts »

Yea Mike I understand that frustration. I just want 1 person to be able to smell me and tell me honestly and try to help me figure it out. I can't really trust anyone anymore though.

Yea I wish there were more doctors like Dr. Aydinmur. At least he will try to find the problem and not ignore it. I can't afford to travel that far or even pay for medical expenses. Also I don't think I can go on a plane or any areas with lots of people for too long. I will get way too anxious. Also everyone in the plane will hate me because I know I will probably stink up the entire plane.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic