Your Email Address:

First Name:

Deviated Septum.

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
AW
Junior

Deviated Septum.

Post by AW »

Well about two years ago (Summer 2004) I've got hit in the nose with a basketball while playing sports. This causes my septum in my nose to become misaligned. What does this have to do with bad breath? Well I think it has something to contribute to it. Before that I cannot remember having terrible bad breath as what I have now. It causes complete unbalanced sinus mucus accumulating on the tonsils. I've also smelled a bit of my own breath after I had felt the mucus go on my tonsils. So could this be a cause of a extreme bad breath? Ever since the incident I've had phlem accumulate a lot. Before this I was fine with talking to people and kissing girls... But now it's just terrble. I feel sad.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Hi

Welcome to our site. I think you do not have to worry about. I remember about a guy that had deviated septum and he had a CT scan done and the doctors saw an infection in sinuses. They operate him and the bad rebath was gone. He has a really bad bad breath and similar symptoms as you have. So ask yu doc to send you to CAT scan and check the sinuses.

It is very possible that you have an infection in sinuses and the pus is driping in your throat and creating this bad breath.
Ice
Advanced

deviated septum

Post by Ice »

Hey!
I also have (had) deviated septum, don't know when I got it, but about 8 years ago I started to notice that my nose isn' straight, a year ago, had an operation on my nose to straighten it the septum, they did a good job, but still left side isn't copletly straight.. :^o
it doesn't notice alot, but still I thought they will make itperfect, but doctors here are kinda lame...so....
oo and had CT, didn't see anything special.... ](*,)
but my bad breath still persists.... :(
well thats all for now....

ooo and I saw on one forum, that a woman had her tonsils removed, she said she doesn't have halitosis stones anymore, and debris on her tonque ...but still have bad breath...( this was that "tonsillektomie", she was operated, not with laser!so still don't know anyone who had laser operation.. :-k
bye
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic