Your Email Address:

First Name:

Is this possible? Wisdom teeth/rotten teeth

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
dollymary1

Is this possible? Wisdom teeth/rotten teeth

Post by dollymary1 »

Hi, like all of us here I am chronic bad breath sufferer, it's been going on for 5 years now.
I have always been convinced my breath was coming from my tonsils as I had tonsil stones, a tonsilectomy didn't improve my breath in the slightest.

I have been focusing my attention on my teeth, and I have noticed I have a tooth that is half black! It also is black where a filling used to be, however this tooth doesn't smell. I have noticed another tooth which is black, but the gum above the tooth stinks! And the tooth is very sensitive I can't even eat on that side. Doesn't anyone have a similar problem and has a tooth like this been the cause of chronic bad breath? The dentist has never mentioned it before.

Since I have been focussing on my mouth, I have noticed my wisdom teeth are coming through, they kill! Only the bottom ones though, they also smell reallllllly bad, I have a dentist appointment tomorrow so I will try to get them removed. I don't think this is the actual cause, as surely I or the dentist would have noticed my wisdom teeth before right?
Also, does anyone think I should get the smelly tooth removed also? I am really hoping this is the cure as it's much easier than going through allergy tests and all that.

I do feel like I have post nasal drip sometimes, but if this was the cause wouldn't a tonsilectomy of at least improved my breath slightly? The back of my tongue never smells, I can only smell bad breath from my wisdom teeth and the other tooth I spoke about.

Does anyone have any advice or personal stories? This would really help me thank you x[/list]

dollymary1

Post by dollymary1 »

Just came back from the dentist, he won't removed my wisdom teeth because I've only had one episode of pain?!!!
I didn't have hope this was the cure anyway as I've had bad breath longer than I've had wisdom teeth. Although, I have a huge hole in the molar that was smelling, and I have two other holes in other teeth which he will fill for me.

I am a little disappointed though, it would have been good to know a simple tooth extraction could have cured me, I'm unsure which way to turn now, I feel back to square 1 where I haven't got any idea what's causing this.
Any advice?

Thanks,
Dolly xx
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Wisdom teeth are definite offenders. A fella here was cured from wisdom teeth extraction.

I myself spent £1400 on all 4 teeth extraction with ***k all results. But if you are extracting stink from that particular area then i'd press on to have them removed. keep going to different dentists. our cases truly are unique, most dentists/doctors don't have the first clue about it.

I actually sold my motorcycle to pay for my surgery, you can imagine how hurt i was to know that it made no difference what so ever.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Stinkynick
Junior

Post by Stinkynick »

The teeth are always a good place to start, with any luck you won't have to look any further. Not sure where you are from but a second opinion wouldn't hurt. Get your teeth straight first, then reevaluate the situation.
dollymary1

Post by dollymary1 »

That must have been awful, at least I'm from the UK where medical care is free. I have finally been referred to the dental hospital, hopefully I will get them out and cross another thing off this list.
Nespresso

Re: Is this possible? Wisdom teeth/rotten teeth

Post by Nespresso »

dollymary1 wrote:Hi, like all of us here I am chronic bad breath sufferer, it's been going on for 5 years now.
I have always been convinced my breath was coming from my tonsils as I had tonsil stones, a tonsilectomy didn't improve my breath in the slightest.

I have been focusing my attention on my teeth, and I have noticed I have a tooth that is half black! It also is black where a filling used to be, however this tooth doesn't smell. I have noticed another tooth which is black, but the gum above the tooth stinks! And the tooth is very sensitive I can't even eat on that side. Doesn't anyone have a similar problem and has a tooth like this been the cause of chronic bad breath? The dentist has never mentioned it before.

Since I have been focussing on my mouth, I have noticed my wisdom teeth are coming through, they kill! Only the bottom ones though, they also smell reallllllly bad, I have a dentist appointment tomorrow so I will try to get them removed. I don't think this is the actual cause, as surely I or the dentist would have noticed my wisdom teeth before right?
Also, does anyone think I should get the smelly tooth removed also? I am really hoping this is the cure as it's much easier than going through allergy tests and all that.

I do feel like I have post nasal drip sometimes, but if this was the cause wouldn't a tonsilectomy of at least improved my breath slightly? The back of my tongue never smells, I can only smell bad breath from my wisdom teeth and the other tooth I spoke about.

Does anyone have any advice or personal stories? This would really help me thank you x[/list]
So I had a similar issue as you. I had tooth that I have a crown for over 10 years or so. About a year ago, that area started bleeding when I was flossing and the floss smelled really badly. I asked the dentist to redo the crown. I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket (the dentist waved my portion of the fee - very nice of him). After the crown was redone, no more blood no more smell when flossing.

My wife and kid (5 year old) tell me I have no BB, but I feel like I get reactions from people at work, especially when I am under stress (and my job is very stressful, in addition to the fact that I constantly have to deal with people). Reactions have been much less since I got that teeth fixed.

I removed my wisdom teeth (all 4) and extraction was recommended by the dentist since they were affecting other teeth. I do not believe this had any impact on my breath but it was before I was conscious about my BB.

Hope this helps.
dollymary1

Post by dollymary1 »

Hi nespresso, I kid of have the opposite problem to you where I never get any reactions, people still insist on sitting close to me and I have only ever been told once that my breath smells. However I can sort of guess that it bothers friends as they seem to no what to go out anymore.
It's strange though as since I've had wisdom coming my breath doesn't seem to smell worse it just tastes different if you know what I mean.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic