Your Email Address:

First Name:

ENT/Dentist Recommendations?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
sooembarrasing
Total Newbie

ENT/Dentist Recommendations?

Post by sooembarrasing »

Hi everyone, like everyone else here I am a chronic BB sufferer (I think) and I started researching this site like crazy since I found it a few months ago. The reason I say that is b/c I cannot smell it myself only in one area that I floss which is where I have an amalgam filling, but once I floss really good in the morning the smell between those two teeth goes away yet the BB doesn't as far as I know. I do get reactions from people and feel uncomfortable socially but I am too chicken right now to ask friends or family. I have tried many mouthwashes, nasal washes, probiotics, and other treatments without success so now I am venturing into the world of the professionals...yikes! I have had tonsil stones and sometimes a feeling of something in my throat on and off in the past so I would like to see an ENT, I also believe I have odor coming from my nose but with no PND or sinus symptoms so I definitely need to see an ENT. First though I'm going to see a dentist as I've been reading on the forum it's a process of elimination and I want to ensure the odor isn't dental related. I don't think it is as I have excellent oral hygiene and the mouth washes/tongue scraping only help minimally. I wanted to ask if anyone has any recommendations for ENT's or dentists that have an understanding of this problem from our point of view so that I don't have to waste time and money going to professionals having to educate them or have them not believe that I have a true condition. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give!

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1346

This is the only professional you should try to contact.
dollymary1

Post by dollymary1 »

Hi, I had my tonsils removed hoping they would be the cure, however, tonsil stones are more likely to be caused by whatever is causing your bad breath. However, in some cases getting them out does help, and it's also good to eliminate them completely just in case.
I was wondering if you still have your wisdom teeth, as you have no PND it seems like your odour may be mouth related (I'm not a professional, just my opinion haha). Wisdom teeth are a huge cause for bad breath, and they can cause tonsil stones, and the bacteria from the wisdom teeth gets into your tonsils when you swallow, causing the stones.
I would recommend removing wisdom teeth if you have them, getting a full dental clean and make sure your oral hygiene is 100%.
If you still have bad breath after that start exploring other causes, and getting your tonsils removed may help if they were extensively damaged by wisdom teeth.
Good luck
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic