Your Email Address:

First Name:

Connecting dots

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
steffna
Junior

Connecting dots

Post by steffna »

What do you think is the connection ( if there is a connection ) between severe halitosis, chronic mucus in the back of throat, body odor, dandruff, hiatal hernia and LPR?
I have had all of the above ever since I can remember, and I'm turning 30 next month. As a small child to this day, I have never experienced a day without poop smell and taste in my mouth, as well as the other symptoms. I know people with hernia and no bad breath, or body odor or scalp problems, so I'm very confused. My only "explanation" is that because my father is exactly like me with the same symptoms, I "inherited" it. :-k

Dead
Advanced
Re: Connecting dots

Post by Dead »

Did you by chance grow up in the same house as your father?
Attraction
Advanced

Post by Attraction »

steffna wrote:What do you think is the connection ( if there is a connection ) between severe halitosis, chronic mucus in the back of throat, body odor, dandruff, hiatal hernia and LPR?
I have had all of the above ever since I can remember, and I'm turning 30 next month. As a small child to this day, I have never experienced a day without poop smell and taste in my mouth, as well as the other symptoms. I know people with hernia and no bad breath, or body odor or scalp problems, so I'm very confused. My only "explanation" is that because my father is exactly like me with the same symptoms, I "inherited" it. :-k
However, it turns out to be the thing I should have known all along - not visiting the dentist.

Had I simply visited the dentist back in 2011 none of this would have happened.

Therefore, I feel the solution to your halitosis is something simple.
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

Dead wrote:Did you by chance grow up in the same house as your father?
Hi Dead, yes I grew up in the same hose as my father. Also other relatives in the family told us we smell the same, and our bedrooms have the same odor in the morning.
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

However, it turns out to be the thing I should have known all along - not visiting the dentist.

Had I simply visited the dentist back in 2011 none of this would have happened.

Therefore, I feel the solution to your halitosis is something simple.[/quote]

Hi Attraction, well I hope it is something simple. I remember my first BB reaction at the age of 7, I still haven't figured it out. My teeth are fine ( I don't have wisdom teeth either ) I last went to the dentist a year ago. I should go more frequently though, every little detail could make a difference.
Attraction
Advanced

Post by Attraction »

If you have fishy/fecal body odor, definitely consider reading this: https://www.rareconnect.org/en/communit ... p-together

I also had it, but after 1 week of taking kelp + zinc supplements, it went away.

Do I know how or why? No idea.

But it works.

By the way, I am not the first to post this here.

3 years ago, someone posted it halfway down this thread: viewtopic.php?t=5907
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

So your father also grew up in that house. Do you know if he smelled his whole life too? If both of you have smelled that way your entire lives then i think it very well could be genetical, maybe TMAU type 1. If it's not genetical then i suppose it could be something in the environment you both picked up along the way. Something in the house, maybe in the water or maybe there is mold or something growing there.
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

Dead wrote:So your father also grew up in that house. Do you know if he smelled his whole life too? If both of you have smelled that way your entire lives then i think it very well could be genetical, maybe TMAU type 1. If it's not genetical then i suppose it could be something in the environment you both picked up along the way. Something in the house, maybe in the water or maybe there is mold or something growing there.
Hi Dead,
yes, my father smelled his whole life ( well, "since he can remember" he told me, specifically since childhood ). Our body odor is slightly different from our breath, it's mouldy. While breath has significantly gotten worse in the last years, I'd describe it as fecal ( a similar odor goes through my nose and I can smell it when I breathe ). When I cough the phlegm from my throat out (sorry, yuck) it smells just like my breath.
I have no sweating problems whatsoever, not even when I exercise I'd have smelly armpits. And I can smell my bb and body odor all the time. ( these are the 2 things that made me put the TMAU theory aside, I've read tmau sufferers can't smell themselves. )
However I like to dismiss it also because there would be no cure for it.
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

[quote="Attraction"]If you have fishy/fecal body odor, definitely consider reading this: https://www.rareconnect.org/en/communit ... p-together

I also had it, but after 1 week of taking kelp + zinc supplements, it went away.

thank you very much Attraction, I'm reading it right now.
Attraction
Advanced

Post by Attraction »

steffna wrote:
Attraction wrote:If you have fishy/fecal body odor, definitely consider reading this: https://www.rareconnect.org/en/communit ... p-together

thank you very much Attraction, I'm reading it right now.
The first day I started smelling, my bedroom and blanket smelled a lot.

Some TMAU sufferers can smell themselves and others can't.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you try Kelp + Zinc. Don't forget, it takes 1 week to kick in.
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

[quote="Attraction"][quote="steffna"][quote="Attraction"]If you have fishy/fecal body odor, definitely consider reading this: https://www.rareconnect.org/en/communit ... p-together

hi Attraction, I have ordered kelp and zinc.
What doctor did you go to to get your TMAU test + diagnosis? I have talked to my general practitioner about it but he has no clue about the disease. He says as usual it's probably the hiatal hernia and silent reflux causing BB, but how could that be, for more than 20 years and chronically without even 1 hour BB free? I don't know. For example I just got up, I haven't had a meal in 10 or 11 hours, yet the big, gluey, corpse smelling globus in the back of my throat is there, impossible to swallow when I try. I feel if just could get rid of it I could reduce my bb. body odor would stay the same but I can live with it.
I'm wondering, if this is a metabolic, genetic condition, why do I have phlegm in my throat? Is that something every TMAU sufferer has? Or just a coincidence? Sorry so many questions, but I am just thinking out loud. THnks for your help and I'll update on here about the kelp and zinc.

edit: I have taken PPI'S ( omeprazole, pantoprazole ) to no avail.
Attraction
Advanced

Post by Attraction »

steffna wrote:What doctor did you go to to get your TMAU test + diagnosis?
Self-diagNOSEis
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic