Your Email Address:

First Name:

WHAT DOES A HEALTHY MOUTH TASTE LIKE?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
jo317
Advanced

WHAT DOES A HEALTHY MOUTH TASTE LIKE?

Post by jo317 »

I remember having occasional bb in high school, but it wasn't until AFTER I got my tonsils taken out that I became self conscious of what my breath MIGHT smell like (I've never really been able to smell my own). That was only about 3 years ago. Eventually it evolved into a constant anxiety and bb is now one of the main parts of my identity and how I see myself.

Right now I am experimenting with using a waterpik and then taking a high does of ORAL probiotics afterwards. I've been taking regular probiotics and havent seen an affect but then saw that there are ones specifically for good mouth bacteria. My mouth has tasted the best it has in a LONG time. Right now my mouth tastes "okay". But I can not say for sure if I have good breath. What is a healthy mouth supposed to taste like...? Nothing? Do healthy mouths sometimes taste and smell stale? I have a feeling that I am so anxious and self conscious about this now that nothing will ever seem normal and I will always assume I have bb even if I don't.

How do you guys tell if you have bad bb or if feels fresher, or maybe just not as bad as usual? Do you remember what it feels like to have fresh breath? Also have any of you tried oral probiotics and had long term success ? I'm very nervous this is just a short term solution and my mouth will start tasting gross again. If that happens, I don't even know what to do...

Life_Goes_On
Advanced
Re: WHAT DOES A HEALTHY MOUTH TASTE LIKE?

Post by Life_Goes_On »

In my situation, having a good or bad taste in my mouth is a bad indication for knowing if my breath smells bad or not. For example, after I eat then do my dental hygiene my saliva flow is pretty solid for an hour or so. While my mouth is moist and the taste in my mouth is neutral, I then touch the back of my tongue and get no smell but my breath still smells as bad as it did before.

A lot of people proclaim their breath is fresher by breathing into their hand or by asking someone they know what they think which are both also bad indicators of knowing if you have bad breath or not. Most people don't realize that just because they can't smell their own breath doesnt mean they dont have bad breath. And you really cant trust someone you know to tell you the truth because they may tell you a lie inorder to make you feel good or to avoid hurting your feelings.

In my opinion, there is no way to truely know whether your breath is improving if you have 24/7 chronic bad breath. Its either you have bad breath or you dont. But I do believe you can tell when your breath is at or near its worse. The way how I know when my breath is at its worse is based on people's reactions. What I do is I socialize with a good amount of people daily inorder to efficiently study and notice the changes in peoples reactions. And its not the most accurate way of knowing but it is somewhat accurate.

I study people's reactions while I'm at work socializing with clients. From doing this I learned that my breath is worse when I'm hungry, after my mouth becomes dry from talking a lot, after I eat without doing my dental hygiene afterwards and after chewing gum and/or mints. The way how I know is people reactions become more blatant. Understand my breath is bad all the time so people will usually cover their nose, raise their eyebrows, talk to me with their face in a sideways direction, etc. But when my breath is at or near its worse people will cough uncontrollably, sometimes choke, jerk their head back, look at me crazy, literally say "Oh my God", or cut the conversation quick and walk away. This is somewhat inaccurate because people react differently no matter how bad the smell is but if you talk to enough people daily especially the same people then you will know when your breath is at or near its worse.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Sir stop posting your number, this looks like a spam, what is this bitter cola, some kind of a joke?
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

i mean if you do not spam, then just leave it if you really want to help...But i doubt this will help....
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic