Your Email Address:

First Name:

Vegan + Candida Diet?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
jo317
Advanced

Vegan + Candida Diet?

Post by jo317 »

Is there anyone on here that successfully sticks/stuck to a candida diet while eating vegan? I think that candida may be a cause, maybe not the sole cause, but one of them. But I eat a vegan diet- no meat, no eggs, no dairy, no honey. It seems like not all beans and nuts are "allowed" on the candida diet but this is where I get my protein from. A lot of my staple foods are grains.. I feel like I would have nothing to eat. Does anyone have any suggestions of things I could eat while sticking to both diets?

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Vegan + Candida Diet?

Post by Jimi Stein »

I am vegan too, it is the best you can do for your body I think.....pretty much you can eat everything that is not of animal origin....it will not cure you, but give you relief in bad breath, which is important.......
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

Yeah whenever I tell doctors/dentists about my pnd/mucus issues they say to just stop drinking milk, but I haven't had it in 4 years!! agh so frustrating...
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

Jimi, I remember reading you had some success with juicing. Do you still do that? Did it help in the long run or no?
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

yes it helps really well.....if you juice carrots for example....but it is expensive.....
Summerside
Advanced

Post by Summerside »

Jimi Stein wrote:yes it helps really well.....if you juice carrots for example....but it is expensive.....

Hey how do you juice carrots? With water?
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

juicer
Bb5yrs
Advanced

Post by Bb5yrs »

jo317 wrote:Yeah whenever I tell doctors/dentists about my pnd/mucus issues they say to just stop drinking milk, but I haven't had it in 4 years!! agh so frustrating...
Pnd will not cause bb. I tried taking a medication sometime ago to stop pnd temporarily and my bb didn't improve. Also pnd would cause bb only if it is infected I.e colored green but white and transparent pnd don't cause bb
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus Surgery - Check
Dentist Examination - Check
H Pylori - Positive & got treatment - Check
Post nasal drip - tried temporary medication to stop it but BB didn't go - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Summerside
Advanced

Post by Summerside »

Bb5yrs wrote:
jo317 wrote:Yeah whenever I tell doctors/dentists about my pnd/mucus issues they say to just stop drinking milk, but I haven't had it in 4 years!! agh so frustrating...
Pnd will not cause bb. I tried taking a medication sometime ago to stop pnd temporarily and my bb didn't improve. Also pnd would cause bb only if it is infected I.e colored green but white and transparent pnd don't cause bb

What about acid reflux? Can this cause bb?
Bb5yrs
Advanced

Post by Bb5yrs »

Summerside wrote:
Bb5yrs wrote:

What about acid reflux? Can this cause bb?
Maybe but u can try taking acid reflux medications an s see. I made my dr prescribe a medication for me for acid reflux and no change in my bb so I knew it was not the cause
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus Surgery - Check
Dentist Examination - Check
H Pylori - Positive & got treatment - Check
Post nasal drip - tried temporary medication to stop it but BB didn't go - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

jo317 wrote:Is there anyone on here that successfully sticks/stuck to a candida diet while eating vegan? I think that candida may be a cause, maybe not the sole cause, but one of them. But I eat a vegan diet- no meat, no eggs, no dairy, no honey. It seems like not all beans and nuts are "allowed" on the candida diet but this is where I get my protein from. A lot of my staple foods are grains.. I feel like I would have nothing to eat. Does anyone have any suggestions of things I could eat while sticking to both diets?
I stuck to a vegetable+meat diet for over a year (so it was not vegan but a candida diet I guess). Of course I had some bad days where I ate sugar and bad things but mostly I stuck to it. It made my nasal BB go away (honestly truly go away, not like other supplements I tried where I would convince myself it was going away but actually it wasn't). I'm hoping that staying on the diet longer will remove the mouth bb too.

I've thought of removing meat and only having veggies and chickpeas kind of diet but every time I try that, I always end up failing and binge eating junk. I really like meat so having it makes it easier for me to stick to the diet.
Summerside
Advanced

Post by Summerside »

GTFO.BADBREATH wrote:
jo317 wrote:Is there anyone on here that successfully sticks/stuck to a candida diet while eating vegan? I think that candida may be a cause, maybe not the sole cause, but one of them. But I eat a vegan diet- no meat, no eggs, no dairy, no honey. It seems like not all beans and nuts are "allowed" on the candida diet but this is where I get my protein from. A lot of my staple foods are grains.. I feel like I would have nothing to eat. Does anyone have any suggestions of things I could eat while sticking to both diets?
I stuck to a vegetable+meat diet for over a year (so it was not vegan but a candida diet I guess). Of course I had some bad days where I ate sugar and bad things but mostly I stuck to it. It made my nasal BB go away (honestly truly go away, not like other supplements I tried where I would convince myself it was going away but actually it wasn't). I'm hoping that staying on the diet longer will remove the mouth bb too.

I've thought of removing meat and only having veggies and chickpeas kind of diet but every time I try that, I always end up failing and binge eating junk. I really like meat so having it makes it easier for me to stick to the diet.
I pretty much avoid all food I liked to eat. Its so hard..
My sour taste comes and goes so I wonder if diet really makes a difference
Summerside
Advanced

Post by Summerside »

I think that is going to be hard. I was vegan for a while until I got sick of it. Its hard when you have kids. My son hates that kind of food so I was cooking seperate meals. It is a lot of work.
Anyways, without eating meat and the limit for protein etc on a candida diet you are probably hungry all the time?
No tofu, no bread, no dairy, no meat? No sugar? No potatoes rice?
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

Yeah it has been extremely hard. I've had to modify it a bit, for example some places say not to eat tofu, some say its fine. I've been eating it because I think sugar content is the more important factor. I am a woman, and its not normal for me to get yeast infections very often like it is for some women, but 2 days after cutting out all gluten/yeast and sugar I got one, which can be a die off symptom. I stuck to it for a few days and recently have been failing. It is just so frustrating because I could stick to this diet for months and find out it didn't help at all :/ Also, I don't have insurance so don't know if paying to get tested and get a anti-fungal drug is worth it. As of right now I am just taking an herbal anti-fungal supplement.
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

Another interesting thing... I live in the United States, where our food is not the best quality. Full of chemicals etc. I've heard from many people with different food sensitivities that it doesn't bother them in other places. For example, some people cannot stomach dairy here in the US but then travel abroad and have no problems with eating cheese/milk etc. I recently traveled to Europe and was in Spain for a week. I remember feeling SO much more confident, and felt okayish with just brushing. (I didnt scrape my tongue all week because sometimes it can be uncomfortable in a shared bathroom) and yet my breath didn't even seem as bad as it usually is back at home. The only thing I can assume would be different is grains.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic