Your Email Address:

First Name:

Has anyone else experienced feces/rotten egg smell from nose?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
Hopeful1
Has anyone else experienced feces/rotten egg smell from nose?

Post by Hopeful1 »

Hey everyone, I'm new to this page and I'm hoping to get some insight on this awful problem I just started getting about 4 months ago. I started to notice a poop/rotten egg smell. It appears to come from both my mouth & my nose (more from my nose). I CONSTANTLY breathe out this funk from my nose & it fills up a room/office/car in minutes! :cry: When I 1st noticed it I went to Dentist but nothings wrong there. Then went to doc who thought maybe I had thrush because of the thin white coating on tongue. She gave me script for anti fungal pills. They did nothing. Then I started to notice this bitter taste in mouth & throat/tongue/nose burning feeling & my voice started to change so I went to an ENT doc who gave me a scope through my nose and down my throat. Turns out I have Silent Reflux/LPR & white coating is from this also. Has anyone else experienced this smell with silent reflux before? And how long does it take to go away once you start treating it? I'm only on the beginning of week 2 on PPI & Pepcid, along with the dietary changes needed to treat reflux. I also read that alkaline water with a PH over 8.7 is great for neutralizing the acid as well as deactivating the pepsin that also reflux's. I'm wondering how long it takes to help get rid of this smell! Do you think I can rinse my nasal passages with the alkaline water also? Please help!

pariah
Re: Has anyone else experienced feces/rotten egg smell from nose?

Post by pariah »

Hi Hopeful

I have been dealing with horrible fecal breath for the past year. it happened over night when I drank beer for the first time in years. I had had the sulphur breath thing before, although mine mostly smelt like rotting cauliflower or something and I thought it might be due to drinking hard water in my apt and maybe using prevacid. I noticed the sulphur bad breath 10 years ago when I moved into a new apt complex that has very hard chlorinated tap water. apparently the beer transformed the sulphur/ rotting vegetable smell to straight poop and it's really bad now, I mean its horrid. I avoid people if I can or hold my breath when I am around others. I have been going to gi doctors and they are almost useless. all I have been told is to see a dentist. it's unbelievable how incompetent they are. it seems obvious to me, that at least in my case, it has something to do with my digestive tract and maybe a fungal or bacterial problem. I read online about the alkaline water thing helping, too. I bought some last year, but didn't really stick with it, because I am on a bike and have to haul water on my backpack from the store if I don't want to drink it from the tap. I may give the alkaline water another shot though, my breath is horrible, now. I had some luck getting rid of the poop breath by flushing out my bowels with magnesium citrate drink one day a few months back, but I don't want to sit on the toilet for 6-8 hours everyday with the runs. I hope you see some improvement soon.

pariah
Thiscantbelife

Post by Thiscantbelife »

I'm mouth and nose as well I've tried everything you can think of it's been over 10yrs it was first mouth then nose. Positive for h.pylori thought that would solve my problem but didn't gi dr found a hiatal hernia and I'm thinking it might have something to do with that but he wouldn't do anything about it bc it was small
Hopeful1

Post by Hopeful1 »

pariah wrote:Hi Hopeful

I have been dealing with horrible fecal breath for the past year. it happened over night when I drank beer for the first time in years. I had had the sulphur breath thing before, although mine mostly smelt like rotting cauliflower or something and I thought it might be due to drinking hard water in my apt and maybe using prevacid. I noticed the sulphur bad breath 10 years ago when I moved into a new apt complex that has very hard chlorinated tap water. apparently the beer transformed the sulphur/ rotting vegetable smell to straight poop and it's really bad now, I mean its horrid. I avoid people if I can or hold my breath when I am around others. I have been going to gi doctors and they are almost useless. all I have been told is to see a dentist. it's unbelievable how incompetent they are. it seems obvious to me, that at least in my case, it has something to do with my digestive tract and maybe a fungal or bacterial problem. I read online about the alkaline water thing helping, too. I bought some last year, but didn't really stick with it, because I am on a bike and have to haul water on my backpack from the store if I don't want to drink it from the tap. I may give the alkaline water another shot though, my breath is horrible, now. I had some luck getting rid of the poop breath by flushing out my bowels with magnesium citrate drink one day a few months back, but I don't want to sit on the toilet for 6-8 hours everyday with the runs. I hope you see some improvement soon.

pariah
I can't believe there isn't any help out here for us this is crazy. Thank you I may try the magnesium at this point
Hopeful1

Post by Hopeful1 »

Thiscantbelife wrote:I'm mouth and nose as well I've tried everything you can think of it's been over 10yrs it was first mouth then nose. Positive for h.pylori thought that would solve my problem but didn't gi dr found a hiatal hernia and I'm thinking it might have something to do with that but he wouldn't do anything about it bc it was small

What test/treatment did u get for the H.pylori?
And maybe try a diff gi doc to treat ur hernia. These docs seem to be so nonchalant about this problem I just don't get it-I bet if they had to live like this then they would understand
pariah

Post by pariah »

Hi Hopeful,

I forgot to mention that i am dealing with some awful gi problems, too, which I am pretty sure are the cause of all this. I have the bloating/constipation/ feeling of incomplete bowel movement thing . when I mentioned to the gi doctor that the fecal smell came on overnight after drinking beer for the first time in years last year all he could say was maybe I was more tired from the beer and slept with my mouth open and my mouth became dried out and that caused the instant fecal breath. it was ridiculous and these gi doctors are supposedly my best hope?

i have seen two different gi doctors, a doctor of infectious disease (i had read somewhere online that fecal breath could be a parasite thing - pinworms or roundworms), and multiple gp doctors and no one has offered any explanation other than to go see a dentist. the establishment drs are just sending me in circles without offering me any advice or putting any thought into what might be going on with me and my health besides the breath thing is terrible as well. I do all sorts of online searching and obviously some people have some success with anti fungal meds, even though it sounds like the problem usually comes back, but my doctors have no idea what I am talking about when I start mentioning these treatments or else refuse to prescribe them for me. my other option is going the holistic route, but I live on social security so seeing a naturopathic doctor is quite a stretch for me. I would have to use up all my savings for just one consultation. i want to scream after how i have been treated or haven't been treated by these doctors, as it were.

i did have some luck with a parasite cleanse earlier this year. i bought some kroeger wormwood capsules on amazon that got rid of my bloating and ibs symptoms for a couple days ( i also found intestinal worms in my stool) , but then i started developing kidney pains 3 days into the treatment (not uncommon with wormwood) and had to stop. a month later, i took the wormwood supplement along with senna tea for a day and flushed everything out about like what the magnesium citrate does and knocked down the overwhelming fecal smell considerably, but the problem came back the next day. the magnesium citrate is really just for constipation and not something you would want to do everyday. it gives you diarrhea and keeps you going to the toilet every 20 minutes for like 5-6 hours. if you do try it just to see, take it with coffee for best affect.

some other possible cures i have read about are double and triple dosing with good natural yeast cleanse pills and pro biotics. i had read how one woman just megadosed on both to get rid of her fecal breath. i tried this without much luck. i think my case is super severe. i almost smell like a cross between a pile of dogcrap and a corpse at times. i also heard that low stomach acid could be to blame and read one review on the curezone website of a guy taking goldenseal pills (just a natural herb you can get on amazon for $10 a bottle) along with vitamin e and getting rid of his fecal breath. the goldenseal stimulates the stomach to digest food better. i tried that too, but and it got rid of my poop breath for 2 days, but on the 3rd day my stomach started hurting intensely so i had to stop again. goldenseal can sometimes upset the stomach lining and i have gastritis of the stomach which probably doesnt' help.

anyways, i saw that you were checking your post so i just wanted to share with you what i know.

pariah (Derek)
pariah

Post by pariah »

i have also seen online that kidney problems and bowel obstructions can cause fecal breath.
Hopeful1

Post by Hopeful1 »

pariah wrote:Hi Hopeful,

I forgot to mention that i am dealing with some awful gi problems, too, which I am pretty sure are the cause of all this. I have the bloating/constipation/ feeling of incomplete bowel movement thing . when I mentioned to the gi doctor that the fecal smell came on overnight after drinking beer for the first time in years last year all he could say was maybe I was more tired from the beer and slept with my mouth open and my mouth became dried out and that caused the instant fecal breath. it was ridiculous and these gi doctors are supposedly my best hope?

i have seen two different gi doctors, a doctor of infectious disease (i had read somewhere online that fecal breath could be a parasite thing - pinworms or roundworms), and multiple gp doctors and no one has offered any explanation other than to go see a dentist. the establishment drs are just sending me in circles without offering me any advice or putting any thought into what might be going on with me and my health besides the breath thing is terrible as well. I do all sorts of online searching and obviously some people have some success with anti fungal meds, even though it sounds like the problem usually comes back, but my doctors have no idea what I am talking about when I start mentioning these treatments or else refuse to prescribe them for me. my other option is going the holistic route, but I live on social security so seeing a naturopathic doctor is quite a stretch for me. I would have to use up all my savings for just one consultation. i want to scream after how i have been treated or haven't been treated by these doctors, as it were.

i did have some luck with a parasite cleanse earlier this year. i bought some kroeger wormwood capsules on amazon that got rid of my bloating and ibs symptoms for a couple days ( i also found intestinal worms in my stool) , but then i started developing kidney pains 3 days into the treatment (not uncommon with wormwood) and had to stop. a month later, i took the wormwood supplement along with senna tea for a day and flushed everything out about like what the magnesium citrate does and knocked down the overwhelming fecal smell considerably, but the problem came back the next day. the magnesium citrate is really just for constipation and not something you would want to do everyday. it gives you diarrhea and keeps you going to the toilet every 20 minutes for like 5-6 hours. if you do try it just to see, take it with coffee for best affect.

some other possible cures i have read about are double and triple dosing with good natural yeast cleanse pills and pro biotics. i had read how one woman just megadosed on both to get rid of her fecal breath. i tried this without much luck. i think my case is super severe. i almost smell like a cross between a pile of dogcrap and a corpse at times. i also heard that low stomach acid could be to blame and read one review on the curezone website of a guy taking goldenseal pills (just a natural herb you can get on amazon for $10 a bottle) along with vitamin e and getting rid of his fecal breath. the goldenseal stimulates the stomach to digest food better. i tried that too, but and it got rid of my poop breath for 2 days, but on the 3rd day my stomach started hurting intensely so i had to stop again. goldenseal can sometimes upset the stomach lining and i have gastritis of the stomach which probably doesnt' help.

anyways, i saw that you were checking your post so i just wanted to share with you what i know.

pariah (Derek)
Thank you so much for this info, I am going to look into all of this-can't hurt to try everything and if I find any success I will certainly update this!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic