Your Email Address:

First Name:

Low carb or low protein diet

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
Summerside
Advanced
Low carb or low protein diet

Post by Summerside »

What is better for bb ?
My halimeter test showed high vsc gases. My teeth are perfect.
I used to eat tons of carbs especially sweets and bread.
I dont eat sugar any more and no dairy.
I find it hard to eat low carb but if, then I eat more eggs, meat and fish.
Not sure what is better
thanks guys for any advice

jo317
Advanced

Re: Low carb or low protein diet

Post by jo317 »

I'd probably start with lower carb/sugar, but still not go overboard on the meat. I'm not sure cause I don't eat it either way but many people say too much meat makes bb worse. I'm no scientist but it seems like carbs may have more of an effect on underlying digestive issues though, so I'd start with that and if it doesnt help then try less meat instead!
Summerside
Advanced

Post by Summerside »

jo317 wrote:I'd probably start with lower carb/sugar, but still not go overboard on the meat. I'm not sure cause I don't eat it either way but many people say too much meat makes bb worse. I'm no scientist but it seems like carbs may have more of an effect on underlying digestive issues though, so I'd start with that and if it doesnt help then try less meat instead!

I dont eat sugar and dairy. If you eat low carb and no meat how do you get full?
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

i just started a week ago a diet with lowcarb, no sugars. I'm only eating chicken, fish, integral rice, quinoa, almonds, seeds, avocados, coconut, and lots of vegetables. So far my white tongue have get a little better, but my halitosis continues the same. I'll give it a try for a month and see what happens. If you started this diet please tell me your results.
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

Is it possible to buy halimeter in Amazon? How accurate is it? Any kind tried?
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I bought once with 5 smiley faces...once. I returned it after a while......it is not accurate
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

I also started a week ago. I've been eating chicken, fish, eggs, veggies, lemons, fruit gelatine, and chicken broth. I still smell like shit.
I think it's too much protein.

I'm gonna eat only chicken broth and fruit gelatine starting Monday. I got the chicken broth and the gelatine from the specific carbohydrate diet (SC diet). I know this is going to work because only eating chicken broth and gelatine for a while puts lets stress on the small intestines. The chicken broth will go through it faster so bacteria will be starved. I'm not gonna take probiotics because I think the small intestines don't need more bacteria whether they are good or bad. I still have some oregano capsules left so I wil use that, but I'm keeping it simple. Tired of buying so much stuff.

I'm really just tired of this shit.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

This will not work...protein is what feeds the bacteria
Vickala
Total Newbie

Post by Vickala »

Maybe we all need to go on a low sulfur diet. Many of us may have SIBO which leads to Sulfur intolerance. Sulfur foods are why you smell when you eat eggs, meat and even some veggies. Coffee, tea. and chocolate , soda, are also high sulfur. You give off hydrogen sulfide .... when you eat these foods . Fart breath
By the way you need sulfur I your diet so you got to get professional help to do this. Check this out.
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

billie wrote:I also started a week ago. I've been eating chicken, fish, eggs, veggies, lemons, fruit gelatine, and chicken broth. I still smell like shit.
I think it's too much protein.

I'm gonna eat only chicken broth and fruit gelatine starting Monday. I got the chicken broth and the gelatine from the specific carbohydrate diet (SC diet). I know this is going to work because only eating chicken broth and gelatine for a while puts lets stress on the small intestines. The chicken broth will go through it faster so bacteria will be starved. I'm not gonna take probiotics because I think the small intestines don't need more bacteria whether they are good or bad. I still have some oregano capsules left so I wil use that, but I'm keeping it simple. Tired of buying so much stuff.

I'm really just tired of this shit.
That sounds like a difficult diet, aren't you starving? Actually i'm having troubles with candida diet since many times i don't know what to eat. I think 1 week isn't that much time to evaluate if it works or not. I will take eggs from my diet, but i'm scared of continue taking proteins from my diet since i'm really skinny and at this moment i'm way too far from my ideal weight. Today i just started with probiotics since i have never try them. My trouble is that i'm practically eating the same stuff everyday, is that you case? i think a good diet must be more balanced.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

this is the worse diet for bad breath....meat rots inside your body.....people feel immediate relief when they stop eating meat on their bad breath
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

Jimi Stein wrote:this is the worse diet for bad breath....meat rots inside your body.....people feel immediate relief when they stop eating meat on their bad breath
Which protein do you eat taking meats from diet, i'm very skinny and don't want to lose too much weight.
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

rinitico wrote:
That sounds like a difficult diet, aren't you starving? Actually i'm having troubles with candida diet since many times i don't know what to eat. I think 1 week isn't that much time to evaluate if it works or not. I will take eggs from my diet, but i'm scared of continue taking proteins from my diet since i'm really skinny and at this moment i'm way too far from my ideal weight. Today i just started with probiotics since i have never try them. My trouble is that i'm practically eating the same stuff everyday, is that you case? i think a good diet must be more balanced.
Jimi is right, the bacteria feed on the proteins. I have added grapefruit, pinapple, grapes and grapejuice and strawberries to my diet. These fruits don't give me any problems. I only take like 75 grams of fruit per day. The only thing I have to do is eat or drink more greens.
form21

Post by form21 »

U can get full by eating vegies. Google forksoverknives and youtube plant based diet. I am on it right now for 5 wks. I hope to go on it for about 2 or 3 months and see if it works. Im still skinny (been so all my life). Forksoverknives has a website of recipes that u can try.
I look at each recipe and i adjust it to what foods i think wont work for my breath. If u want u can contact me further and we can do this diet for 3 months and support each other?
IAMFrustrated
Junior

Post by IAMFrustrated »

Anaerobic bacteria + some others need protien
Candida + parasites. ... need carbs

So I do not know what to eat now lol . I think only fat and some vegetables
Sinus surgery 2016 & 2017 (I have allergies at work place)
Tonsilactomy 2017
H. Pylori treatment
Candida diet 5 to 6 months
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic