Your Email Address:

First Name:

is it possible to have bad breath even if you can’t smell it?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
millionyearsago
is it possible to have bad breath even if you can’t smell it?

Post by millionyearsago »

Hello everyone,

I’ve been on H-Pylori treatment for 5 days, 3 pill twice a day antibiotic treatment. I had acid reflux symptons but acid reflux medication never worked, so I tested positive for H-Pylori. When I first took my medication, I could immediately see a difference, my tongue was a lot cleaner and my symptoms went away. At around day 4, everything started to come back, my tongue is not as white as it was but there’s always a white coating, not a lot but noticeable enough. I’ve asked a family member the only one I can trust to see if my breath smells, he said he smells nothing. I try to lick my wrist and smell something in the background, not strong or foul whatsoever, an almost barely noticeable smell. I try to do the cotton swab test and no smell, spoon licking test and no smell but yet the reactions you get when you talk to people are always noticeable. Either they rub their nose or start chewing gum, maybe because they smell my breath and they want to avoid that somehow.
I am only 20 and have fallen into a very deep depression about this, it overtakes my life that sometimes I feel like I want to end it, it’s a very sad situatuon to be in.

Anyways onto my question, is it possible for me to have bad breath if you can’t smell it?

Thank you for your help.

WhiteCat
Advanced
Re: is it possible to have bad breath even if you can’t smell it?

Post by WhiteCat »

Yes, it's possible but why don't you just trust your family member?

If someone you trust says you're good then that should be reliable.
millionyearsago

Post by millionyearsago »

Because of the reactions you get from people, at this point it's been very hard to tell if it's just paranoia or really my breath.
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

millionyearsago wrote:Because of the reactions you get from people, at this point it's been very hard to tell if it's just paranoia or really my breath.
Never go by reactions, if there's someone you can ask then trust them.

Reactions are not reliable, there is way too much room for paranoia and misinterpretation.

You don't want to end up with clean breath and have halitophobia anyway.
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello million

I read a medical book once that we are immune to our own breath. I believe that book. It means that no matter how we lick our fingers and smell it, it is really different of what others smell from us.

I also believe that the best way to know if we have bb is from strangers. Because they are frank. But a relative will always think twice. Because they know you. And they dont want to harm your feelings. My mother is one.

A horrible reaction from strangers is already enough that we hav bb. How much more if it happens everyday.

This happened to me. The moment i noticed people's reaction, i ignored it at first. Then it happened everyday.

There was even a time i was so confident after i used therabreath. A very expensive mouth wash. I remember riding a bus. Then i get plenty of reactions from the people behind me.

Cry cry
CherreBelle

Post by CherreBelle »

My husband can't smell my bad breath, my kids, my mom and my brother can't either. I don't know if it's because I see them often or what but people I do not see as often absolutely smell my breath and are disgusted, they won't even speak to me face to face
pepper234

Post by pepper234 »

CherreBelle wrote:My husband can't smell my bad breath, my kids, my mom and my brother can't either. I don't know if it's because I see them often or what but people I do not see as often absolutely smell my breath and are disgusted, they won't even speak to me face to face
Hi cherre,
I have a similar situation, seems like they get used to it. What kind of BB do you have, in terms of smell? Or do you know where it comes from/ the cause?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic