Your Email Address:

First Name:

LINGUAL/PALATINE TONSILS??

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
jo317
Advanced

LINGUAL/PALATINE TONSILS??

Post by jo317 »

Which ones are taken out in a regular tonsillectomy?

I had a tonsillectomy due to those tonsils being swollen for many months (ironically it was after this that my BB became a problem). My doctor told me that my adenoids were also particularly swollen so she took those out as well. But when I feel by the base of my tongue it feels squishy and bumpy.. almost the way I expect a brain to feel with the folds. Is that where my tonsils were removed? Or are those my lingual tonsils that were never taken out? It all confuses me and throat diagrams don't seem to help because it always makes it look like the other set of tonsils would be too deep to feel..

Either way, these crevices that I'm feeling seem like a great place for bacteria to hang out so I don't know if its normal.

Also, I had that same ENT look in my throat a couple of years ago because of this swelling or lump I feel on the left side of my throat and she said everything look fine which is so frustrating because obviously something is out of wack. Anyone here have BOTH sets of tonsils taken out and seen improvement??