Your Email Address:

First Name:

Office work

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
Perseverehoping
Office work

Post by Perseverehoping »

Hi Guys,

I was wondering about how you guys manage to work in a office with bad breath. When you need to speak to people on the phone or with colleagues.
Colleagues that speaking about you all day long, laughing etc, walk away when you begin to speak because of your bb?
It seems that I'm smelling from my nose also. I went to the doctor but they can't smell anything.

For me it is very frustrating because I am obligate to go to work otherwise I can't pay my bills. It's like I'm doing time right now. Wait for the last they to be free.

compor
Advanced
Re: Office work

Post by compor »

Hello Perseverehoping,

I have worked in offices all my life. The worst part is the first few weeks till you get used to the new environment. If you keep focused on your breath all the time and use nods etc. to avoid talking, then you become a weirdo. Don't become a weirdo. Ask the necessary questions, say clever things when you need to and remain quiet the rest of the time, then you become a shy person who doesn't like to talk much.

Basic logic:
You NEED money
You HAVE TO go to work
You NEED TO be relatively comfortable at work or the stress will eat you alive

So there are only 2 things you can do:
Pre-condition: Get a deep dental cleaning, fix whatever is wrong with your teeth. Also if you have any other problems (e.g. digestive issues), get them checked too if you think they might be causing your bb.
1. Eat healthy, brush your teeth & tongue after eating, detailed cleaning before going to bed.
2. Focus on your work. Get better at what you do. Bosses don't care about your breath if you are doing a good job.

That is all I can offer for now. Hope it helps.
Perseverehoping

Post by Perseverehoping »

Hi Compor,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am doing everything to have a good oral hygiene. But I think my BB is from my stomach because my tongue smell bad 1 hour after brushing.

I have change my diet very much but still I don't see any improvement yet.
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

Yeah don't be a weirdo in office. Portray yourself as a shy person if needed. You can openly tell that you are kind of shy since childhood. People will understand it better.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic