Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bad Breath finally over after stressing 20 years over it !

Imaginative bad breath posts goes here. All about halitophobia and posts that shows that the person is actually not having bad breath.
halitophobic
Total Newbie

Bad Breath finally over after stressing 20 years over it !

Post by halitophobic »

Hi to all. Im from Holland and i just created this account to tell you all something.

When i was a child classmates would sometimes tell me my breath smelled like shit and would laugh about it. They were right i think, i remember i skipped brushing sometimes or didnt have breakfast. Those kind of comments in my life hurt me very bad. Sometimes i got depressed about it. Even when i was 25 i would get a comment like "do you want some gum cuz you need it". I didnt know nothing about brushing the tongue or floss your teeth everyday. I simply brushed my teeth and thats it. After the years passed by i did remove some wisdomteeth and came very obsessed with brushing my teeth, cheeks, gum, tongue (tongue scraper). My parents were always telling me why are you so obsessive about brushing your teeth.

This week i was very depressed again about my breath and i though id rather kill my self then live with this bad breath until my girlfriend saw that i was depressed and for the first time in my life i told something very private to someone. I was crying and told her about my problem.

You know what she said? Sweetheart i have never ever smelled something bad coming out of your mouth. I couldnt believe it and she wanted me to blow some air in here face. After some hesitation i finally did it and gues what? NOTHING! NADA! no smell! What the F*%*%! This couldnt be! She just says that to not hurt me. In these 10 years i have a relationship with her i can count the kisses between us on 2 hands :( :( . I licked my arm and let it dry, there was some kind of bad smell but she could smell nothing! I asked her brother to smell my breath and NOTHING. I asked her to lick her arm and smell it and yes she 2 smelled some not so good smell. I smelled nothing on her breath by the way.

Im so happy now. Never been so happy in my life. years of my life gone, couldt make friends nothing and now i know there is nothing wrong with my breath because i think that i only had the bad breath as a child (not brushing good) and that caused the Halitophobia in my life.

I just want to let some people know that it doesnt have to be halitosis! Even if you lick your arm and it stinks! Thats not always true! Just like in my case! Please tell it to someone close to you just like i did and let them smell your breath from really upclose and let them lick their arms. Some people just have halitophobia just like me and for what? For nothing all these years god dammnit. So many chances (girls), friends and this shit ruined it for me. Dont think that if people turn their heads away it means you stink! There are a lot of people who think that their breath stinks so maybe they are turning their head away so you cant smell THEM, maybe its not about you but her or him being afraid you smell something and vice versa.

Im not saying you are all delusional like me. No i know halitosis exists but some of you CAN have halitophobia.

That was my story, sorry for the long story by the way. I hope you appreciate it. Thanks

I hope you all get healthy!

stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

HEY HEY YEY!!!

I am an old member who discovered this same truth as you did long ago! It makes me soooo happy to know that more people save themselves this way. Today I decided to check what people are up to here out of curiousity, and so glad to read what you are sharing.

Halitophobic, NEVER allow yourself to sink back to that nightmare again. Fight the fear! I sign up under everything you have said. And I am so sure the majority of people here have this same issue - HALITOPHOBIA. And that is not so say that these members just like myself never had BB, they did, i did, but BB went away at some point and the Halitophobia remained and ruined lives for years! I truly hope that many others will be saved and return to their lives.

And couple more things - trust those who love you, trust your Mothers! Learn to speak normally and freely, and rid your body of stress and the fear!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

I am so happy for you halitophobic. Try to forget about the lost years, focus on your future with your girlfriend and loved ones. Happy new year.
bbshiat

Post by bbshiat »

oh dear, i wish i had this problem... halitophobia..
:twisted: :twisted:
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

My friend just told me he can't feel any BB. I believe him. But sometimes I just used to feel a real bad smell coming from my mouth, myself. Show I trust my nose? I can't believe I'm imagining that smell.
halitophobic
Total Newbie

Post by halitophobic »

stressedout wrote:HEY HEY YEY!!!

I am an old member who discovered this same truth as you did long ago! It makes me soooo happy to know that more people save themselves this way. Today I decided to check what people are up to here out of curiousity, and so glad to read what you are sharing.

Halitophobic, NEVER allow yourself to sink back to that nightmare again. Fight the fear! I sign up under everything you have said. And I am so sure the majority of people here have this same issue - HALITOPHOBIA. And that is not so say that these members just like myself never had BB, they did, i did, but BB went away at some point and the Halitophobia remained and ruined lives for years! I truly hope that many others will be saved and return to their lives.

And couple more things - trust those who love you, trust your Mothers! Learn to speak normally and freely, and rid your body of stress and the fear!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

EXACTLY!! Damn all these years of stress and not talking to people for nothing. What a waste of time.

I know i HAD halitosis for sure but when i took care of my teeth/mouth/checks/tongue it went away but i DIDNT KNOW, so i thought the breath never went away because these sites post information thats not always true. Licking on the back of your hand and smelling it doesnt always mean that your breath stinks! In my case it was not so please just test your breath on somebody you know and trust. Maybe you are just a phobic.
halitophobic
Total Newbie

Post by halitophobic »

Ihatemybreath wrote:My friend just told me he can't feel any BB. I believe him. But sometimes I just used to feel a real bad smell coming from my mouth, myself. Show I trust my nose? I can't believe I'm imagining that smell.
Thats exactly the same feeling that i HAD. Remember its normal to have bad breath in the morning. I tested my morning breath (imagine that) on my girlfriend and she said your breath is not AWFULL its normal with a little bit of morning breath. Her breath was the same. I took breakfast and brushes/flossed my teeth and checks/gums and it went away.

I tested it again later so i ate a lot of food with sugar and let it do its stuff in my mouth. After a hour i had this taste in my mouth, i thought it was certainly the bad breath bacteria. It tasted a little sour. I tested it on my girlfriend and nothing! I was upclose, 2cm from her nose.

So you see itts all in the head (in my case). I know there are REAL halitosis sufferers but i just KNOW that a lot or some of them have halitophobia.
halitophobic
Total Newbie

Post by halitophobic »

compor wrote:I am so happy for you halitophobic. Try to forget about the lost years, focus on your future with your girlfriend and loved ones. Happy new year.
Thank you. Happy new year 2 you all and i hope you all get rid of this depressing problem :(.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Happy New Year.

Could you please describe what your "lick test" odour (if any) smelled of?

Please describe it's severity and what you'd liken it to.

Did you ever have tonsil stones? Can you also please describe your bad taste and what made it vary.

Could you ever get any rebound whiffs?

I honestly think that once we fear we have bad breath (whether though being told about it or through reactions) some obsessive trigger is set in our heads like a seed being planted, that causes us to interpret a normal taste in our mouth as a bad one - whether it's actually causing bad breath or not - in some cases it might be if there's a reason for it - but in many cases it won't be. The reality is, it's impossible for a person to determine if their breath smells or not by themselves. That's also why you often find people who DO actually have bad breath being able to remain oblivious, until someone puts that seed in their head.
halitophobic
Total Newbie

Post by halitophobic »

halitosisux wrote:Happy New Year.

Could you please describe what your "lick test" odour (if any) smelled of?

Please describe it's severity and what you'd liken it to.

Did you ever have tonsil stones? Can you also please describe your bad taste and what made it vary.

Could you ever get any rebound whiffs?

I honestly think that once we fear we have bad breath (whether though being told about it or through reactions) some obsessive trigger is set in our heads like a seed being planted, that causes us to interpret a normal taste in our mouth as a bad one - whether it's actually causing bad breath or not - in some cases it might be if there's a reason for it - but in many cases it won't be. The reality is, it's impossible for a person to determine if their breath smells or not by themselves. That's also why you often find people who DO actually have bad breath being able to remain oblivious, until someone puts that seed in their head.
When i brush my teeth and do the lick test i dont smell a thing but after half a hour it does smell already different. I think its smells like something bad, sometimes it reminds a little like the smell of shit (sorry). I dont understand this, im still shocked that nobody can smell anything. I can taste a sour or sweet taste when i eat products with sugar in them like fruit or chocolate. Thats when i think my breath really really stinks. They say my breath smells neutral (NO SMELL AT ALL), just warm breath. So thats why the lick test doesnt have to be the right test to determine if your breath stinks. Ask anybody with a normal breath to lick their wrist. I bet you can smell some foul odour. Especially after eating something and waiting half a hour of hour.

About the tonsil stones, i had those many times! The tonsil stoned i had were during a time where i didnt brush my tongue properly. Sometimes i would cough up one and i always thought it was just food but when i pressed the little ball it would really smell like shit. Before i posted the first message on this forum i was thinking about removing my tonsils with surgery or laser. I was searching for a cause but luckily i found out that my breath has no smell at all.

Our brain and tongue tells us different. I think its normal to have that "special" taste in your mouth that everybody has, even my girlfriend and other people tell me that. Difference is that it is normal for them because they have never been confronted by someone about having bad breath. I WAS, so i linked the bad taste with bad breath i think. Maybe it was just once for not brushing my teeth and it got programmed in my brain. Its an obsession really like you said!

I think there are some types of halitosis that are very REAL. I think that problem comes from your stomach and not your mouth. I eat, wait a hour or half hour, floss my teeth with jordan toothpicks, brush my teeth and gums (automatic brush), then i brush my tongue a little bit and use the tongue scraper, thats what i do now nothing more. Always fresh breath, i still cant believe it. But 20 years being programmed with "i have a bad breath" takes some time to get used to.
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

Hey Haliophobic,

Do you have email? I'm from the Netherlands too. I really need someone I can talk to. My brother told me that my breath never smelled bad. We even did a (snuffeltest). I just don't believe him. If I don't remove the hairyness on my tongue, I will smell like a dead rat who shit himself.
I even got a halimeter test done and it showed nothing. The dentist said she could not smell me- wich is weird bcause I can smell it.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks for your answer. Everything you have said makes total sense and I can relate to every part of your story. It also correlates to everything that Dr. Aydinmur has told us, most importantly that we cannot ascertain anything about our breath from any type of lick testing or bad taste, even though bad tastes and lick test odours usually do (but not always) occur in people with BB. This is the trap that many people must be falling into.

Dr. Aydinmur also recently told us that tonsil stones are not exclusive to people with bad breath, anyone can have them. The same applies to coated tongues. It's only when we become obsessed with bad breath that we notice these things and can then end up falsely associating them with having bad breath. People who have never had concerns about their breath don't go looking for these things or start obsessing about them.

Most people develop bad breath at some point in their life. I have often come across people who never have BB and then suddenly they do. People who have BB and suddenly don't. People who have never ever have any BB, and people who always have it constantly. All it takes is one reckless comment or gesture to imprison a person for a lifetime of wrongly assuming the worst. We simply have to throw ourselves in like you did and seek help from people we trust - and learn to TRUST them. That's the only way out of this hell. We need to stress the importance of being told the truth. We all need to strive for this. If we trust we have BB then we continue the battle, and if not then we need to put it behind us and put it into proper perspective, and never allow it to become this distorted sized monster that is allowed to follows us around every minute of our lives and be allowed to completely and utterly ruin it.

Good luck to all of us who dare confront their worst pain and fears in this way.
Ricky
Sheriff
Re: Bad Breath finally over after stressing 20 years over it !

Post by Ricky »

The truth about halitophobia is, you dont have halitosis at all. You have this common bad breath which everyone have. Just like waking up in the morning.
You only think you have.

Some of us here in this forum, like me have done the best we could. Brushing our teeth. Floss. Diet. And nothing happens. We still get bad reactions in our daily lives.

The poo breath's enemies in telling the truth are sometimes their closest relative and friends. Their greatest companion are reaction from strangers. You see, friends would sometimes lie because they dont want to hurt you.

The best way to know if you have poo breath is... Let your friend hold a smartphone or video recorder. Then walk in the busiest street. There and only there you would see people's reaction. If they dont have any reaction, then surely you have halitophobia. If they have awful reaction, then you have bad breath. This is what it means to be honest. Be factual.
Golbahar
Junior

Post by Golbahar »

Congratulation to you
When I said to dentisi she said me I can't breath bad smell. If you countinue this question I send you to sycologist.......
She smell my mouth... she brought her nose in my mouth and coudn't smell nothing

But when I talk at work oranywhere their reaction to me like Ihave bb. They touch their nose
And becouse of that I think I have bb.
Did you have any special reaction before???
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Dear golbahar

It is true that doctors would say, "i cant smell anything."

This is why in our case it is difficult to overcome bb. Further more, as medical books say, we are immune to our own breath. This is why we couldn't smell what exactly others smell from us.

I always stressed out that the best way of knowing that a person have bb is: let your friend hold a video recording device. Then walk in the busiest street. If people react on the video, then you have bb. If people dont react, then you have halitophobia
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic