Your Email Address:

First Name:

Help needed, any advice much appreciated

Imaginative bad breath posts goes here. All about halitophobia and posts that shows that the person is actually not having bad breath.
eddieM
Total Newbie

Help needed, any advice much appreciated

Post by eddieM »

Hi,

This is my first post so hello....
My problem which I would greatly appreciate any advice is that I totally believe I have bb.
When I am around ppl they do things such asl rub there nose, sniffing, stepping back. I was at a festival and had a drink of somones water, after giving them the bottle back I saw them cleaning the bottle top with the bottom of the top they were wearing.
Ive spoken to someone and they violently coughed as if the smell had hit the back of their throat.
I have been sat on a train talking to someone opposite me, when a girl next to meet sprayed some perfume in my direction! That was humiliating….And many other senarios to make me believe i have bb.
It got to the extent where I had my tonsils removed because I thought I may have had tonsil stones, I didn't and the problems still persisted.
Well after speaking to my doctor he arranged me to see a psychologist. The psychologist said they couldn't smell anything bad. I told my mum who said she couldn't smell anything bad. I then picked up the courage to ask a close friend, they said they couldn't smell anything bad. At this point I thought either A: They were lying so they wouldn't hurt my feelings or B: They were unable to detect the smell as they were use to it or there nose receptors were not able to pick up that specific smell. Anyhow I then built up the courage to ask another close friend (it gets easier to ask friends the more you do it) who I thought had an excellent sense of smell. Well she told me it didnt smell.
So for 3 months I was happy and believed my breath didn't smell. Anyhows at work yesterday a couple of things happened, maybe it was my paranoid mind but when I walked into the wharehouse I heard a member of staff say "its not his fault" I kinda thought they were talking about my breath, and that it wasnt my fault I had bb.
I want to ask my mum again and friends and say "please just be completely honest with me". (Ive read on other sites friends/family will tell you, you dont have bb, when in reality you do for reasons unknown to me, which is driving me MAD) I cant ask my family or friends at this time due to other factors happing and I think it would make me look selfish to bring it up again at this time.

Can anyone help or give me advice on why people would lie to me and have other people gone through something similar. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jamesmcavoy

Re: Help needed, any advice much appreciated

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Hi ,
Is your name EddieM
Means Eddie Mora ???
jamesmcavoy

Re: Help needed, any advice much appreciated

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Hi ,
Is your name EddieM
Means Eddie Mora ???
eddieM
Total Newbie

Post by eddieM »

Erm, no. My first name is ed and my surname begins with M. Why?
nolagirl

Post by nolagirl »

I am a new member and relatively new to this site so hello everyone!

Eddie let me ask you- what makes you think you have bb besides reactions? In my experience if you cant smell anything, taste anything bad in your mouth, or have uncomfortable physical symptoms, you don't have halitosis. However, most of the testimonials on this forum that I'm reading mention either bad taste, tonsil stones, dry mouth, post nasal drip, dirty feeling mouth, etc. Point is, I think for most people on this forum, their bb is real. A lot of us know what "normal" breath tastes like from our pasts. Most people don't just wake up one day and decide to become obsessively paranoid about something that doesn't exist. However, I think there are cases though where a person can develop halitophobia because someone said something to them one time, and then they become self conscious and convinced that their breath is ALWAYS bad. Is that the case with you? Are you basing your opinion just off of reactions, or are there other signs? I say trust your instinct. It's hard to trust the opinions of others unfortunately:( I hope this helps.
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

You can try something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oErUYZgjxM

Just go somewhere and ask some people that you will never see again if your breath smells bad. Or if you can't do this, here is another idea. Go to a big store like Ikea, find your target (probably an employee) and observe him/her talking to customers. Then go talk to him/her yourself.

By the way, cleaning the bottle top does not mean you have bb. I never drink from other people's bottle.
eddieM
Total Newbie

Post by eddieM »

Compor.....I really do not have the confidence to do that. (Although the vid was quite funny)
Yeah Ive done that and they don't really change their behaviour although when i drink alcohol, I think they do.

Nolagirl.....I cant taste a bad taste, although I do sometimes get a bad smell from my lower right wisdom tooth when I rub my finger along it. It dosnt affect any other teeth tho.
Also I read you cant smell your own breath so how can you tell if you have a bad taste in mouth etc, when your use to it? I do base my reactions off other ppl.....I know I don't have BO so why do I think I have bb? This makes me think I do....
I was sat next to a mates gf during my birthday and she said something to her bf to swap places with her. I though it was because of my bb but I was smoking at the time. I get really caught up in this shit, and its hard to make a true answer. Dont know what to do!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic