Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bad breath products that dont work

Talks about bad breath products, if they work, if they are useless.....etc.
rdamech

Bad breath products that dont work

Post by rdamech »

I've suffered from chronic halitosis for a little over a decade and a half. I'm one of the lucky ones I guess because my bad breath started right after high school. So I didn't have to go through the bad jokes and insults...until later on.

I don't know what triggered it, but I can tell you it ruined my college experience and all the years that lead to the mid 30s. In short, the best years of anyone's life.

Over the years I've learned that there is no single bad breath treatment out there that will work on the long term. It took me a while to understand that the reason these treatments didn't have an effect that lasted over a week was because anaerobic bacteria is highly adaptive.

When I started the latest treatment that promised the moon, I simply eliminated the weaker strains of bacteria. Because these weaker strains represent the majority of germs that cause bad breath, I only got the illusion of a cure.

All the while the stronger strains resisted, adapted, and reproduced a new generation of bacteria completely resistant to the treatment.

The result is simply a bad breath treatment that looses its effect progressively until it simply no longer works at all. Anyone who suffers from chronic halitosis know this to be true.

Treatments such as Closys, Breezecare, Oramd, and the many others that are widely advertised over the net and promise instant results DO NOT WORK. The best ones will bring relief for about a week at most.

The only way to deal with these bacteria is by switching treatment on a regular basis. Of course the trick is not to alternate too often. By doing this, you'll only create super resistant strains of bacteria.

This advice is for people who's bad breath is caused by an oral imbalance in the mouth only.

trouble
Junior

Post by trouble »

thats my experience too...

is there nothing for permanent cure?! :roll:
chubbygirl
Junior

Post by chubbygirl »

rdamech : how often is often? how often should i change brands?

thanks!
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

these super bacteria have GOT to have SOME kind of weakness or achilles heel. They're living organisms, aren't they? Is there a way of keeping them from re-producing? Isn't there some sort of natural enemy? Would they survive in outer space? Why? or Why not?

They're not above all other living things. There has GOT to be a weakness or a way to keep them from re-producing. I remember reading somewhere that researchers developed a way to fight roaches, for instance, by preventing them from reproducing. They eventually die out. What would work similarly with these super bacteria?

And i was reading once about a society of bad breath researchers who meet nationally, i believe, once a year, in different countries, for a conference.....can't remember the name of it.
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

here's a link to an article about them on the web......

seriously, though...what DO they do? i haven't seen ANY good come from them. Are they a bunch o' frauds? Image

http://iopscience.iop.org/1752-7163/2/1/010301
wizbaby

Post by wizbaby »

NANANAAAAAA LISTERINE MOUTH WASH. i wasted my limitedly earned lean money on listerine it didnt work for even 3minites. yhen i was told to buy a certain original still nothing. i tink d product if for those without mouth odour not a smelling mouth like me
Johnv713
Advanced
Re: Bad breath products that dont work

Post by Johnv713 »

Dont waste your hard earn $$ on Smarthmouth, Therabreath, and the likes. Aim to get rid of the bacteria on your tounge first, thats where most bad breath comes from.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic