Your Email Address:

First Name:

Retardex worked for me

Talks about bad breath products, if they work, if they are useless.....etc.
Kevin111
Total Newbie

Retardex worked for me

Post by Kevin111 »

Was on this site a few months back for the first time as I was looking up ways to sort out my bad breath. Was considering prescribing myself a short course of metronidazole (I'm a doc) but said I'd go the professional route first and ask a dentist / hygienist's opinion. I seemed to be getting flares of bad breath from time to time and my fiancée had to turn her face away when I talked. I got a good thorough clean and polish and the hygienist recommended a product called Retardex (they do toothpaste and mouthwash). I gave it a go and was delighted to find that it all settled down and I thankfully haven't had any problems since. Now I know that I was probably one of the luckier ones and that others most likely have a much more severe and persistent form of halitosis than me but I recall reading one post a few months ago here that expressed the concern that nobody ever came back to tell their success stories. Well, there's mine. Best of luck. Kevin, Ireland.

Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

Hi Kevin, Congratulations on being cured and being able to now talk with your girl friend. Thanks for coming back to update us on this. I read online on this rinse. It says it has ph balance. Not sure what it means, but I have been testing my saliva few times a day and it comes out acidic. Since you are a doctor, a question for you, Should the saliva be acidic or alkaline?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Kevin, I'm glad to hear you've found a way to effectively manage your BB.

Do you have any idea what might have been behind your flareups? Were your teeth or gums in bad condition, did you start developing dry mouth, did you have any nasal issues or stomach issues, etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic