Your Email Address:

First Name:

Relief for first time in 15 years - Corsodyl

Talks about bad breath products, if they work, if they are useless.....etc.
joe12
Total Newbie

Relief for first time in 15 years - Corsodyl

Post by joe12 »

Like you I've tried everything, I found Chorline Dixiode products worked for the usual 10-15 minutes, I'd carry a spray with me and discretely respray every few minutes and chew gum and that has been what I've been doing for the last 15 years so I could at least interact with people.

Then I tried Corsodyl Mouthwash with 'Chlorhexidine digluconate'

My bad breath has always originated in my mouth, particularly my tounge. First time I used this I flossed, oral irrigated, brushed teeth/tounge without toothpaste, then gargled this stuff for a minute. I woke up the next morning and I could still taste it and my breath was fine. I use it once a day and check breath with my partner and do regular lick tests, it's working :)

I started using the corsodyl toothpaste now as well, I can't believe it actually works, I'm so paranoid I still watch peoples movements when I talk but no signs of people looking away or stepping back.

If your tounge is a major factor in your breath give this a go, make sure it's the one for treating gum disease rather than the daily mouthwash one, it says it can stain your tounge and teeth but I think it's worth it.

If anyone tries it, let me know hoe you get on pls

Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

Hi,

My dentist had prescribed it to me earlier. These are the ingredients.

0.12% Chlorhexidine Gluconate in base containing water, 11.6% alcohol glycerin, PEG-40 sorbitan diisostearate, flavor, sodium saccharin and FD$C Blue No.1.

For me, it hasn't shown much improvement in past. My dentist prescribed this again (after I cribbed a lot about my bb, she finally had to given in). I am planning to use it again to give it a try this time.
joe12
Total Newbie

Post by joe12 »

If you have deep gum pockets caused by gingivitis, particulatly between the teeth, you need to clear them out with an oral irrigator, swishing mouthwash alone ain't gonna get right in there and they'll seep out stink all day long if they're not cleared.

Good luck :)
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

Thanks Joe12. I have perfectly healthy gum. 2mm pockets (which is excellent gum health). I will try this mouthwash again and update if it works this time or not. But my guess is the bb is not from my gums, its from the back of my throat, so I will try to gargle with this and see.b
mtr
Advanced

Totally agree with you Joe!!

Post by mtr »

Hello everybody,

I am new here! My story is probably the same as Joe's. I started using the last month the corsodyl toothpaste and I feel so much better. Of course, I stopped eating dairy and sugar approximately the same period and I can not really confirm whether the toothpaste alone has this tremendous effect on my tongue but I can truly say that this is the best product I' ve used so far, and believe me I used many.. I'll try the mouthwash as well to see how it goes..
Tibya
Advanced

Re: Totally agree with you Joe!!

Post by Tibya »

mtr wrote:Hello everybody,

I am new here! My story is probably the same as Joe's. I started using the last month the corsodyl toothpaste and I feel so much better. Of course, I stopped eating dairy and sugar approximately the same period and I can not really confirm whether the toothpaste alone has this tremendous effect on my tongue but I can truly say that this is the best product I' ve used so far, and believe me I used many.. I'll try the mouthwash as well to see how it goes..
Does it have alcohol in it? The mouthwash that I have has alcohol and it burns my tongue like anything
mtr
Advanced

Re: Totally agree with you Joe!!

Post by mtr »

Does it have alcohol in it? The mouthwash that I have has alcohol and it burns my tongue like anything[/quote]

Yes it seems that it has alcohol along with many many other ingredients that have antibacterial action. I don't feel like is drying my mouth or something after all, I would say is doing the opposite instead. I feel like my tongue is much cleaner than before. I spend around 5-10 min every time using both normal and electric toothbrush, tongue scraper and dental floss. I don't know, I just feel excited with this product after spending so much money in other regular or pharmaceutical products!
mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

Tibya,

Maybe you should use the tooth paste first because I understand that alcohol based mouthwashes have more intense smell and taste. I haven't used the mouthwash yet but I will.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

I ordered some from the UK via Amazon. Just got it yesterday. I'm using it on a toothbrush instead of toothpaste. So far I like it better than chlorine dioxide rinses. I'll report back if it helps.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

hope4now wrote:I ordered some from the UK via Amazon. Just got it yesterday. I'm using it on a toothbrush instead of toothpaste. So far I like it better than chlorine dioxide rinses. I'll report back if it helps.
I started using Corsodyl again. I never really gave it a chance. So far it is helping. No more bad smell when I floss certain teeth. I use it instead of toothpaste, and then rinse with it too. I just ordered a refill from amazon. I use it twice a day.
wizbaby

Post by wizbaby »

@joe12 and all.... WHAT IS ORAL IRRIGATION? pls tell me. thanks
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

the .12% may be the daily rinse type.. it isn't strong enough, i think. i just got the type that is .2% (for gums) and it has been working so far (tried it for a full night and day so far)!

are you still using it, joe? is it still working for you? any longterm effects of using such a high % one (aside from staining)?

for staining, order a dentist pick. that is what i did. you can remove stains yourself (carefully)
ItsgoingtobeOK

Post by ItsgoingtobeOK »

During a couple of weeks stay in UK when I went to watch some cricket games, I tried Corsodyl one morning as it was sitting in the restroom of my friend's house where I was staying, I felt as if it worked and bb was eliminated for rest of the day.

Came back to U.S. and got it prescribed by a dentist. It's sold by 3M under the brand name 'Peridex'.

In my experience, it works for a couple of weeks and then you are pushed back into hell.

The major side effect is that long term daily use will leave black scars all over your teeth. It was noted by dental hygienist who was curious to know how come I was having these scars? She asked me if I was using Peridex? I said, Yes. She told me it supports good gum health but it's not designed to control bb. I haven't used it in a long time since then.
ttlxman

Post by ttlxman »

I use this stuff in an irrigator and clear out my tonsils as well as all the teeth. It's definitely more effective than hydrogen peroxide, provides that fresh mouth feeling nothing else has for me. Halitosisux told me about it many months ago and I've been abusing it since.

It does cause dark stains after some time but they're temporary and easy to polish off. I've been able to do it at home with a damp wash cloth.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

The chlorhexidine in CB12 is chlorhexidine diacetate. Corsodyl (which causes temporary staining) is digluconate.

It says on their website that the concentration of chlorhexidine is low, which prevents staining. But maybe chlorhexidine diacetate has less staining, but remaining as effective as chlorhexidine digluconate.

You can also get Corsodyl Daily. This is lower concentrate, and presumably does not stain.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic