Your Email Address:

First Name:

Let's hear your next three steps

Tell us what would you like to shop for on our site so we get the commission from Amazon, Ebay......Help support our site by buying from Amazon on our site. We get 4 % for each purchase.
TeamZissou
Advanced

Let's hear your next three steps

Post by TeamZissou »

Thought this thread might help me clarify my own plans for myself and help others do the same. What are the next three things you intend to try to cure your BB?

Today I've begun two weeks of completely eliminating dairy from my diet.

If that doesn't help, the next step will be to have all four of my wisdom teeth removed. They're fully erupted and well aligned, but I've heard they've caused BB in others even when they weren't impacted.

The last resort right now is getting my tonsils and adenoids out. This is obviously a last resort in someone for someone who isn't a child, given the recovery involved. At 24, I can imagine it wouldn't be pleasant.

What are the next three things you intend to try to get rid of this problem for yourself once and for all?
Last edited by TeamZissou on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

terranpatriot
Advanced

Post by terranpatriot »

Currently doing high amounts of probiotics and planning to overlap this with a 4 week course of antibiotics.

Next planning to remove upper 2 wisdom teeth, which are not impacted. I had the bottom two removed, one of which were partially erupted. I wish I had done all at once and that would be my advice for anyone going for such a procedure.

If that fails, then I don't know. Perhaps revisiting the basics and seeing if I can do anything else - breathing through my nose and maybe using probiotic nasal spray and other wacky innovative strategies
TeamZissou
Advanced

Post by TeamZissou »

What kind of antibiotics do you plan to use, at what dose, and how did you pick 4 weeks?

Just wondering how you arrived at all the details to make it most effective. Is your doctor working with you on that or is it something you're doing alone?
terranpatriot
Advanced

Post by terranpatriot »

I did not consult a doctor. I chose metronidazole/flagyl because it specifically targets anaerobic bacteria, which are the kind that emit bad breath from the tongue. I chose this over an across-the-board antibiotic that would kill off all the good bacteria in my body along with the bad. I have taken many general antibiotics like amoxicillin in the past at extremely high doses and I think that may have played a role in disrupting my bacterial balance/oral ecology. I chose 4 weeks because I believe anything short of that (after having my BB for 8 years) would be too weak of an approach. You have to go all or nothing with these types of bacteria because they are resilient and if they are not eradicated, they return stronger as we all know.
TeamZissou
Advanced

Post by TeamZissou »

4 weeks seems like an incredibly long time to take Metronidazole. I tried it for 10 days, in combination with another general antibiotic and a proton pump inhibitor a year ago, which is the triple therapy treatment for H. Pylori. It didn't help me at all.

I would at least talk with a doctor about using an antibiotic like that for that long. It could be pretty rough on the liver and has the potential to cause other neurological problems. Also, never drink any alcohol while taking it. The combination can cause really bad nausea and vomiting. This is all info I found through Google-ing it.

Just some friendly advice. I know we're all desperate to fix this and doctors don't have the necessary knowledge to help in many cases, but you don't want to make things worse for yourself for no reason.
terranpatriot
Advanced

Post by terranpatriot »

True, but I guess I should have also mentioned that I will be grinding it up in small doses and adding it to water to form a mouthwash solution. That way I will not be consuming it.
form21

Re: Let's hear your next three steps

Post by form21 »

Have u guys tried changing ur diet completely to a plant based diet? That is more rational than going under the knife or taking expensive medication/supplements.
IAMFrustrated
Junior

Post by IAMFrustrated »

Anaerobic bacteria ist the main Bad Breath problem in mouth and how it that possible none of these youtubers are taking about it

I searched alot about it for a natural treatment but I could nother find anything, if you guys have any youtube from a good doctor share it

In fact , I sent emails and requested help to find out more information about Anaerobic Bacteria but no reply becuase the youtubers are thing about their own products (canxida....)
Sinus surgery 2016 & 2017 (I have allergies at work place)
Tonsilactomy 2017
H. Pylori treatment
Candida diet 5 to 6 months
form21

Post by form21 »

jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

I recently had my wisdom teeth taken out, which helped a little bit but not completely.

My next steps are:

-Trying a low acid diet to see if it is connected to reflux or LPR. I wouldn't know until I can correct the problem and let my tissue heal though, so it'll be a long process.

-I just ordered a hydrogen breath test online to test myself for SIBO.

-Try the goldenseal supplement. I have read of people being cured because it helped their digestion.

-See an ENT to check my tonsils. I had them removed but feel a lump in my throat on one side and am thinking this may be regrowth of my tonsil filled with tonsil stones. For 3 years I've been trying to cure myself and never ever thought tonsils were an issue, so maybe its a simpler solution than I thought.

Love this thread btw.
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

form21 wrote:Have u guys tried changing ur diet completely to a plant based diet? That is more rational than going under the knife or taking expensive medication/supplements.
I'm vegan and have been for a few years now, even before my bb got bad. Eliminating animal products seems to help for some people but definitely doesn't do anything for me.
Father dragon
Total Newbie

Post by Father dragon »

Hello form21,

Yes, currently 10 months into a whole foods plant based diet + fasting. I can say that some of my rashes almost completely dissapeared. As far as bb is concerned, I experienced ...cleansing?... of my unscrapable white tongue a few times... but it always stopped when like 1/10 of the tongue was pink again and after cca 3 weeks it got coated again... I noticed that these episodes happen when I eat a lot of raw food... I need to add that I tried to go completely raw in this journey, but my tongue still would not uncoat completely... so go figure...

My next steps:
1. To continue with plant based + fasting for another year,
2. A few useless doctor appointments,
3. Not gonna demotivate you.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

jo317 wrote:I recently had my wisdom teeth taken out, which helped a little bit but not completely.

My next steps are:

-Trying a low acid diet to see if it is connected to reflux or LPR. I wouldn't know until I can correct the problem and let my tissue heal though, so it'll be a long process.

-Try the goldenseal supplement. I have read of people being cured because it helped their digestion.

-See an ENT to check my tonsils. I had them removed but feel a lump in my throat on one side and am thinking this may be regrowth of my tonsil filled with tonsil stones. For 3 years I've been trying to cure myself and never ever thought tonsils were an issue, so maybe its a simpler solution than I thought.

Love this thread btw.
How much is the test kit? Is it really accurate?
lolla123
Junior

Post by lolla123 »

jo317 wrote:I recently had my wisdom teeth taken out, which helped a little bit but not completely.

My next steps are:

Love this thread btw.
Hey jo317, was wondering, were your wisdom teeth impacted? Did they have a smell or anything? I have been seeing a lot of past posts that talk about their wisdom teeth contributing especially if impacted etc. I have one like that myself however I get no odour from it so was wondering if there was still a chance for it to cause bb or more bacteria activity, thank you
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

lolla123 wrote:
Hey jo317, was wondering, were your wisdom teeth impacted? Did they have a smell or anything? I have been seeing a lot of past posts that talk about their wisdom teeth contributing especially if impacted etc. I have one like that myself however I get no odour from it so was wondering if there was still a chance for it to cause bb or more bacteria activity, thank you
2 were partially erupted, but growing in extremely crooked. 1 was fully impacted. I noticed that when I rubbed my finger along one of them (the gum line) it would smell. Once I got them taken out I got a wicked bad infection on that same side too - though my surgeon never said anything about them being infected before taking them out. There had to have been at least SOME sort of infection though, to cause it to smell. I really thought taking them out would be it for me :/

I wouldn't bank on it curing you, but if you can afford it I'd say taking them out is better than not - its just one more place for bacteria to hide out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic