Your Email Address:

First Name:

Lost...

Tell us your story with bad breath
LadyKay
Total Newbie

Lost...

Post by LadyKay »

Hello everyone. I am a 20 year old that's been living a terrible nightmare since the age of 14.Everybody life story is different but we've all been through the same troubles..I suffer from bad breath which is most likely caused by acid reflux.This smell also escapes from my nose whenever I exhale.Whenever I ask people if they smell anything they say they don't but react like they do. Yeah its a good thing they tell me they don't smell anything but it makes me question my own sanity.Before,I used to hear remarks like "oh it stinks in here". I was told a couple of times " someone thinks your breath stink" or "someone thinks you smell"...that immature bs.My high school years were the WORSE.I used to find ways to skip school because i didn't want to be around ANYONE except for a few close friends.They stayed close so i figured it wasn't bothering them.My anxiety and depression made everything worse so i started pushing people away.My family thinks I'm going crazy and that its all " IN MY HEAD" ...including the doctors.i don't know why they make me feel like i belong in the crazy house or something.im trying to get myself together and start school again.my mom wants me to go back to high school but i really cant see myself going back there because of my previous experience.i usually surround myself with people older than me anyway so i'm really thinking about job corps.im desperate in finding a way to achieve my career goals but this is getting in my way.i've tried numerous treatments and remedies( found on this site and others) but with no help.In 2010 i had surgery to remove my tonsils and a blockage in my right nasal passage.changing my diet was probably the most beneficial.sorry for writing so much ...i wanted to let some things out.thank you for reading and please share your story.

Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

Yeah. You're living normally then BB start, people react weird, so you try all the medication, nothing change and you get depressed. The same for everybody, all the stories are the same but written different. I'm kind of tired of venting topics.
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior
Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

Ihatemybreath wrote:Yeah. You're living normally then BB start, people react weird, so you try all the medication, nothing change and you get depressed. The same for everybody, all the stories are the same but written different. I'm kind of tired of venting topics.
This was kind of rude to be honest. Yes our stories are the same but that doesn't mean that each and every person's story isn't valid and that people should feel like they can't vent. If they can't vent on this forum, where should they do it??

Anyway, OP. we all understand what you're going through. you should always rule out things like wisdom teeth and tonsils before you start looking for other cures. Unfortunately for me I had both those operations but they weren't my personal solution.
oneday4800
Advanced
Post by oneday4800 »

@ihatemybreath,stop being a DICK! Wtf? Last time I checked this site was made to tell your story and find help. Others have the right to vent just as much as you do.
Or are you the only one allowed to do so now?!? I'm pretty sure no one vents more than you so don't even go there. If you're tired of these topics, don't fuc*in read them then! My God that pissed me off.

@ladykay, I think 20 is a bit old to go to normal high school so you're probably better off going to job corps. U have to live there, right? Hope u can handle that. Some colleges let you finsh your HS credits and take regular college courses so that's another thing to think about. Its hard to get family and friends to say you have bb. Guess they don't wanna hurt your feelings. Have you tried taking anything for acid reflux?
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

Sorry, sometimes I'm just too stressed and act like a idiot

:-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
LadyKay
Total Newbie

Thanks

Post by LadyKay »

Hello sorry for the late response.I've been dealing with personal problems at home and getting ready for Job Corps . For acid reflux I've been changing my diet (no meat and dairy except Activia yogurt). Drinking baking soda and water seems to relieve the acid reflux but for some reason it gives me stomach pain.I need to start taking bentonite clay internally again but i always forget because u need to take it on an empty stomach.I've been trying to increase my water intake but idk anymore.The amount of flouride in the water is crazy so i think its time to invest in an osmosis water filter.Do you know any good remedies for acid reflux?

Job Corps is indeed on campus.I'm looking forward to going to my orientation tomorrow.I'm going to ask the administrator if its possible for me to attend off campus.I was attending a college here in NY that offers the GED and an associate's degree....terrible idea smh.I'm more of a hands on type of person anyway so I'm going to try the computer technology trade at Job Corps.I really want to start my dream career as a software engineer already ](*,) Thanks for the advice I really appreciate everyone on here

ihatemybreath im not a negative person so im not going to respond back in a negative way.i started this post because i needed to vent so if you dont like it then i dont know what to tell you.trust me im stressed out too :roll:
oneday4800
Advanced
Post by oneday4800 »

How did the orientation go? For acid reflux, I've just been taking pepto but I heard its not good to keep taking like I do. Maybe gonna look into getting meds
LadyKay
Total Newbie

Post by LadyKay »

Orientation was great...i guess.When it was done I told my admissions counselor about my condition and she looked at me in shock.She said I was tripping and that it was in my head.

I don't like taking medicine anymore.I figured anything unnatural in my system is probably going to make it worse or just give me temporary relief.I notice if i don't take 2 tablespoon of ACV(apple cider vinegar) before bedtime there's a burning feeling in my stomach the next morning.

Right now I'm drinking ACV in warm water with sliced lemons for my stomach.I use Bragg's ACV btw ....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic