Your Email Address:

First Name:

When will this end?

Tell us your story with bad breath
hello123
Total Newbie

When will this end?

Post by hello123 »

Hi everyone, so I am just writing this to get my feelings off my chest. Yes, it's quite pathetic, but im sure a lot of you out there can relate... I'm 17 years old now, but I have been suffering from bad breath since I was 6, when my best friend told me that my breath stank. I didn't believe him at first, but as time progressed, I realized that it was true. Throughout my childhood, I didn't let it affect me, and it didn't even cross my mind when I was talking to people... Maybe it was because I was young and naieve? I don't know. However, in 8th grade, things started to change. I started to be bullied for it. Yes, i shouldnt have let it bother me, but i did. I let it completely consume me. Everyday, all I would think about was avoiding people so that i wouldn't need to talk to people, because i knew the kinds of reactions i would get. I transformed from a completely happy and social kid to a complete recluse. Everyday when I go out, i always take a pack of gum or mints with me. If I forget to bring them, I rush back home to get it no matter what. Can anyone relate? All of my friends (who I'm becoming much more distant to because of bb) have partners, yet im just sitting her lamenting about the life that i could have had if i just didnt have this goddamn problem. I've never even kissed anyone, let alone had a grilfriend. If you've come this far, it probably sounds pathetic, but that's just the way it is. My life sucks, and i dont know how it could possibly get better.

StinkBomb

Post by StinkBomb »

hello123, don't despair ... you are young and have your whole life ahead of you! You need to be determined and methodical in your approach.

But first, you need to be sure that you actually have halitosis. Have you received actual confirmation from someone you trust OR are you just basing your opinion on reactions? Don't make the same mistake that I made. I have been on a 10 year journey in search of a cure with countless procedures BUT I now realize that I have yet to receive an actual, absolute confirmation of halitosis. I am unable to detect my own bad breath but I always get reactions when I speak to others. I am just about 100% sure I have halitosis but still have not received that ABSOLUTE confirmation. I realize now that I must be absolutely sure before I proceed with any additional procedures. I have asked a family member and two dentists and they claim that they don't smell anything. For what ever reason, I feel that most people will lie to your face when you ask them if you have bad breath. It is easier to lie than to hurt your feelings.

Once you are ABSOLUTELY sure, you can move forward with full force. I feel that most people skip this critical step on their journey for a cure. How can we find a cure if we are not 100% positive we have a problem?
Last edited by StinkBomb on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StinkBomb

Re: When will this end?

Post by StinkBomb »

hello123 wrote: I have been suffering from bad breath since I was 6, when my best friend told me that my breath stank.
... and I would not put much confidence in something a child tells you when you were 6 years old. Kids that age can be cruel and unreliable. Plus, it might have been a temporary thing you had when you were 6.
hello123
Total Newbie

Post by hello123 »

Yeah... I know I have halitosis. My parents + brother told me and also my friends. I also constantly have a sour taste in my mouth... It's really giving me such a hard time everytime I go out.

Thanks for your response though! :)
StinkBomb

Post by StinkBomb »

OK.

In some weird way, I guess your fortunate to at least know the truth. Don't waste time, check every possible cause off your list. Do it now while you are still young. Good luck!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic