Your Email Address:

First Name:

Almost BB free for one year

Tell us your story with bad breath
betterdays

Almost BB free for one year

Post by betterdays »

I have been on this site for a significant amount of time now, but rarely post. I honestly feel there is no cure for BB but I believe I have found a way to MAINTAIN mine.

About me
Im a 33 year old female and I believe my BB started at about 18 but really kicked into high gear about 25. It came to the point that every time I would speak people would always start looking for shit on their shoes. I have literally purchased every product/service on the market regardless of cost. I have also done every test known to man and the answer: Diagnosis- halitosis of unknown origin. Treatment- no one knows, but doctors will always come up with something stupid because they cant tell you they don't know. Well to be fair I was diagnosed with post nasal drip which I believe contributes to my BB but its not cause. I started keeping a serious diary about 3 years ago (which is really hard to do, thank God for smart phones). I also started sticking to new methods at least 3-6months before trying something new.
My diary included:
what I methods I used that day
what I put in my mouth- tooth paste, food, juice, gums, mints, vitamins, literally everything
when I moved my bowels EVERYTHING
This way, when I had a bad day after a run of good days I could narrow down the cause.

What works for me

I oil pull with coconut oil every morning- usually while I shower and dress about 20 min

I take a daily probiotic and vitamin C.

If my allergies are acting up I will take a shot of lemon juice and cayenne pepper. This works miracles for me especially 1st thing in the morning.
2-3 times a week I use a sinus irrigator with a little Alkalol in it.

I also use the same irrigator just change the tip and irrigate me mouth with chlorhexidine - but only when ive had a flare up. I hate that stuff!!!! Im also not 100% sure if it really works for me.

I juice!!! 1 drink in the morning at minimum. I keep it simple though I don't like the green juices. I like apples, ginger, celery, mints- more of the refreshing types.

I do my absolute best to eat fruits after every meal. Especially ones with a lot of water content- melons of all types are my go to fruits.

I don't eat any dairy... well I love pizza so I do eat pizza but only at home. I rarely eat meat, when Im out in public I stick to a hearty salad and only clear dressings. Im not 100% sure but I do feel that meat has a negative impact on my breath. Im a good cook so I cook a lot of vegan meals. I have gotten pretty good at it. I drink tons of water, I literally have a bottle with me at all time.

I also keep a travel tooth brush/paste with me and brush after every meal or at a minimum 3-4 times a day. When im out in a group I try to scope out single stall bathrooms so others don't see me. I use xyliwhite toothpaste. I have tried a kazilliion brands and they all seem to dry out my mouth except this one. I usually alternate between that and my home made toothpaste. I feel that changing things up helps to prevent my mouth from getting use to my regime, then its back to BB. I also use a tongue scraper but here and there. Its really isn't a part of my daily routine.

I pretty much live with Salese lozenges in my mouth 24hrs a day even at night. I use the nonflavored ones mostly. If im going to be in a public setting I use the mint ones. The flavors aren't too strong and they last forever.

This routine has been really successful for me. I have had flare ups maybe once or twice a month if that ( this may sound like a lot but in comparison to never being able to open your mouth in public this is ... I don't even have the words). I now have friends again and im getting back into having a social life. About a month ago a person that I met about 4 months ago was telling me about a coworker of hers with terrible breath and how it gives her a headache. I just sat there in disbelief for like a good 2 minutes. I have been on a few dates but I am honestly too paranoid to get too close. Also most alcoholic drinks immediately flare up my BB but I have found that I can drink Rum and Coke with lemon and still speak to people without reaction. I also drink with the lozenges in my mouth.

Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

Hey, thanks for sharing your story.

I always have the same question: How was your diet before 18? Have you ever thought of what might have been the trigger to your bb?
angst-ridden
Advanced

Post by angst-ridden »

Candy and sweets makes my breath worse. Don't those lozenges aggravate your breath? I don't have PND so I would just try oil pulling.
betterdays

Post by betterdays »

My diet has always been on the healthy side. I was never really big on red meat. I have done tons of research as to what a possible trigger might be, as of now I'm leaning towards some form of hormonal imbalance.
betterdays

Post by betterdays »

angst-ridden wrote:Candy and sweets makes my breath worse. Don't those lozenges aggravate your breath? I don't have PND so I would just try oil pulling.
Candy and mints do the same for me. The lozenges are actually for dry mouth, they aren't like standard mints. Although I don't have dry mouth I tried them after reading someone else's story some time back. Surprisingly it worked
LEKH
Total Newbie

Post by LEKH »

Hey.....thnks for sharing your experience,,,,,,Nw, i am working with these tipz..........
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic