Your Email Address:

First Name:

Finally something that works!

Tell us your story with bad breath
Emancipation
Total Newbie
Finally something that works!

Post by Emancipation »

Before I get to my story, I know you are here to find out what actually works, so I will tell you that first:

An ionic toothbrush.

Now, my story:

It began in high school at age 15 as occasional bad breath and quickly got worse within a year to me having it all day everyday. If I do the math correctly, that is 17 years of suffering with it. I don't speak about this with too many people, but I knew that if I ever found a solution to this problem that I will post it online. So here I am. And I never truly believed I could write anything like this. But, at the same time, I kept trying to find a solution.

Only someone who has been through this can understand how disabling chronic bad breath can be. Any other disease/ illness, you automatically get sympathy but with this, it's as though people blame you for not taking care of yourself. And we all know that chronic suffers have the best oral hygiene.

The Cause:
What causes bad breath? For the majority of cases, it is anaerobic bacteria on the back of your tongue. Anaerobic, meaning they thrive in a oxygen deficient environment. And lucky for them, we provide food and a warm, moist environment for them to thrive in at the back of our tongues.

Why an ionic toothbrush works:
The titanium dioxide rod in it produces oxygen. The very thing that will kill the anaerobes!

I've been using it for a month and I've noticed that when I scrape my tongue with a metal tongue scraper, there is less whitish-yellowish gunk on it. In fact, there is hardly any at all!

My routine:
I brush with my ionic toothbrush (without toothpaste, you don't need to use toothpaste with an ionic brush) the the AM and then floss and scrape with my metal tongue cleaner (which is mainly b/c of a 17 year habit I've developed). In the PM, I brush with the ionic toothbrush, floss and on occasion I use Dr.Katz mouthwash to gargle with.

My tools:
1. Dr. Tung's ionic toothbrush (Soladey is another brand you can try)
2. Floss
3. Metal tongue scraper
4. Dr. Katz Therabreath oral rinse (again helps b/c of the oxygen)

I hope this helps! And if it does not help you, keep looking for a solution. Stay strong, know that your condition doesn't define who you are as a person. And don't forget to live your life despite it. It is possible because that is what I have tried to do all these years.

Best wishes! And *hugs*

Emancipation
Total Newbie
Post by Emancipation »

If you have tried the ionic toothbrush, please let me know if it has helped you. Thanks!
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Wooooww, this looks very logical, I will try to get one, test and reply.

Anyone else try it??
Emancipation
Total Newbie
Post by Emancipation »

Hi, I'm back...with some bad news...sorry guys, false alarm...I'm still getting reactions from other people.

It's back to the drawing board I guess...
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

At least you're honest some people post cures later when they find out it does not work they don't post about it like one guy who said he was cured because ent flushed his sinusis with saline water he hasn't posted for a while now
sergio_00
Total Newbie

Post by sergio_00 »

Hey Emancipation, remember that 90% of halitosis cases comes from the mouth, no new toothbrush or oral rinse will cure you, I have bad breath too, so I am reading a lot of halitosis and I hope I will find a cure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic