Your Email Address:

First Name:

I found a good job

Tell us your story with bad breath
DanielPine
Advanced
I found a good job

Post by DanielPine »

I work as a programmer part-time with college and its really good. I come in at 9am and write code until 5pm without talking to anyone, and I go to the odd meeting once or twice a week.

There is an expectation that programmers are gross and awkward, so I guess I fit the build.

If anybody out there is looking for work I would definitely suggest learning to code.

Givingup
Total Newbie

Post by Givingup »

Good for you. I'm a psychology grad and working in HR. And i Just recently gotten this horrible BB. I've had it for I think 4 mos now. I used to have occasional BB before when I don't brush my teeth after lunch but now 15 mins after brushing and gargling, my breath stinks!

I recently resigned from my job because I couldn't take people's reaction. I'm a pretty girl so it's more embarrassing I think.

My plan right now is to de-stress for a month or two. If this bb still isn't cured, I'll just find a home based work.

Our life sux
DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

Givingup wrote:Good for you. I'm a psychology grad and working in HR. And i Just recently gotten this horrible BB. I've had it for I think 4 mos now. I used to have occasional BB before when I don't brush my teeth after lunch but now 15 mins after brushing and gargling, my breath stinks!

I recently resigned from my job because I couldn't take people's reaction. I'm a pretty girl so it's more embarrassing I think.

My plan right now is to de-stress for a month or two. If this bb still isn't cured, I'll just find a home based work.

Our life sux
What kind of home based work? The only routes ive found are freelance writing or website development. I've been riding for deliveroo which is great, and I dont need to talk to anyone.
Givingup
Total Newbie

Post by Givingup »

I don't know yet.

I went home early. Because of bb. 3 hrs undertime. Just because my breath stinks. I can't stand people's reaction. I did nasal irrigation this morning with salt and baking soda and hydrogen peroxide but it only made it worse. Even gum can't cover my bb
DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

Lots of people on this thread have been cured from it, and theres a lot of things you can try to fix it.

Me personally, I stopped bothering with it as I think mine is some genetic problem. I rarely think about it actually, I still have a job, friends, and still pull some girls at clubs somehow. Life's not that bad.
jess
Sheriff

Re: I found a good job

Post by jess »

DanielPine wrote:I work as a programmer part-time with college and its really good.

If anybody out there is looking for work I would definitely suggest learning to code.
Is that something someone can do working from home? And how much schooling does it require?
I have a good paying job/career but I have to deal with people a lot and the stress level can be unbearable. Would love to be able to make money on the side working from home.
DanielPine
Advanced
Re: I found a good job

Post by DanielPine »

jess wrote: Is that something someone can do working from home? And how much schooling does it require?
I have a good paying job/career but I have to deal with people a lot and the stress level can be unbearable. Would love to be able to make money on the side working from home.
Most of the time you will need to do it in an office. For a good job you should have a degree in IT, engineering, or computer science. If you don't, you can probably still have on okay career in it but it will slow your career progression and lock you out of a lot of jobs.

Some people do it freelance. Start by learning HTML and CSS which are two languages for making basic websites, its dead easy you will pick it up in a matter of days. You can then do projects on freelancer.com and learn as you go. Won't make you a lot of money, but if you're strapped for cash it could be helpful.
wizbaby

Post by wizbaby »

how can I learn HTML and CSS? please
DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

wizbaby wrote:how can I learn HTML and CSS? please
https://www.codecademy.com/ use this website. You just have to sign up (its free) and they will teach you everything in a pretty fun way. I'm not promoting code academy or anything, I just personally found it the easiest way to learn to code.
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

I totally agree with you DanielPine, working as a programmer is probably the best option for us. Yes it still effects my performance if I am required to work with a group of people, but other than that I am on my own.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

@DanielPine, thank you for the info
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

Im a programmer too... For me it's very difficult sometimes as I need to work in a team..have meetings and all that stuff...the worst part is when colleagues come close to the monitor and ask something...damn
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic