Your Email Address:

First Name:

Chronic Bad Breath

Tell us your story with bad breath
Nic8625
Total Newbie
Chronic Bad Breath

Post by Nic8625 »

My story well I am 35 years old I have some health issues, Epilepsy left side Hemiplegia drooling and doubley incontence I live at home with my mum and I am looked after by her over the last few weeks mum has noticed my breath smelling a lot more than normal. I don't smoke or drink Alcohol never had.

What could this be I am on a number of medications Eplim Tegotrol Vimpat and Clobzlam.

Please can I have some advise please

Dead
Advanced
Re: Chronic Bad Breath

Post by Dead »

Hi welcome to the forum,

That's not a lot of information to go on. It can be caused by many things. If dry mouth is a side effect of one of those meds, that could also be a cause. I can try to help you if you answer these questions. Do you have any other oral related symptoms? Like bad/altered taste or Post nasal drip? What is your oral hygiene like? Do you scrape your tongue, floss and use mouth wash? Have you been to the dentist since this started? Do you have any stomach issues, other than incontinence?
Nic8625
Total Newbie

Post by Nic8625 »

Hi there

Thanks for replying. I have been to the dentist many times I have been told my breath is a issue I scrape my tongue every morning I take quite a lot of meds and I have reflux for sure mum has said. I brush morning and night I have a bad taste in my mouth in the morning. I know I have my issues just looking for help
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

Okay so we can exclude your teeth then at least. A few more questions. Do you know if the smell is coming from your tongue? Have you tried the lick test? Does the bad breath ever go away or is it constant? Also have you checked for tonsil stones?
Thanks
Nic8625
Total Newbie

Post by Nic8625 »

The bad breath never goes away I've done the lock test the smell mum thinks is coming from both my toung and stomach tonsil stones don't think I've had them thanks for your help
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

Okay, sorry i'm not sure what it could be... It would probably be a good idea to start with an ENT appointment and get your sinuses x-rayed, and if he can't find anything ask to be referred to a gastroenterologist. Some people here have gotten cured after getting rid of h.pylori, another guy had an infection in his esophagus. SIBO could also be a cause.
Nic8625
Total Newbie

Post by Nic8625 »

Could the foul smell be down to Me drooling during the day this has become more productive in the last few months due to the Cerebral Palsy
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic