Your Email Address:

First Name:

Help! Help! Help!

Tell us your story with bad breath
Prettyash101
Total Newbie
Help! Help! Help!

Post by Prettyash101 »

Hi everyone. I've been suffering with bad breath for a long while now. Here's my story. For about 3 yrs, I suffered with depression where I didn't want to get out to bed to do the the things that would be normal to most people such as brushing my teeth. So for 3 yrs I had poor oral hygiene (throughout my last yrs of high school. I haven't had a GOOD dental cleaning since age 13 and I'm now 26. But I realized in 2010 my breath started to stink really badly. I never noticed the smell personally for some reason I can never smell it no matter what kind of breath test I do. But my husband now ex has told me that it stinks really bad and I notice people cover their nose or make faces whenever I'm talking. Whenever I floss, I do smell a fecal smell. Back in 2013 I went to a dentist who specialized in periodontal gum disease and he told me that I do no have peritoneal disease and my teeth and gums were "beautiful." He didn't even bother to do a cleaning. I went to another dentist which was kinda ratchet if ur from Baltimore it's the dentist in Mondawminmall to give an idea. He told me I had 4 cavities and I need to fill them 2 on each side at the top. I allowed him to fill two on the top. After the procedure I noticed a very STRONG horrible poop smell coming from my mouth which was the 1st I smelled my breath. But my problems still continued. I then went to another dentist (he also had an halitosis speacialty) who told me I had great teeth in fact NO CAVITIES and that I had been deceived by the dentist who told me I had 4. He did a full X-ray and ruled out sinus issues or post nasal drip. He even gave me some of his products for halitosis which also didn't help. I went to an ENT speacilist and he ruled out respiratory causes as the problem of my bad breath. I've tried brushing with baking soda, tea tree oil, oil pulling everything and my breath still stinks about 10mins after brushing it. I really don't know what to do. It's so depressing. I don't have the courage to even open my month to talk it has cause so many social issues for me. I've examined my throat for tonsil stones and I don't see any. My wisdom tooth grew in late (21 yrs) and they take up a lot of room I notice between my wisdom teeth are the stinkiesst ones when I floss. But the very first dentist I went to didn't think that was the problem or that it was necessary to remove them. I just really would love to fix this.

pariah
Re: Help! Help! Help!

Post by pariah »

Hi prettyash,

I read your post and I have the same problems with fecal breath. Have you ever heard of blood borne halitosis? I think it comes from having slow bowel movements. the poop stays in the intestines longer than it should and bacteria passes through the walls of the intestine into the blood stream and the gums become inflamed and when you have work done on them it releases the fecal smell.. I have had horrible digestive problems dating back to 2001 and I that's about the time I noticed having bad breath. I have had the same problems at cleanings at dentists offices with a horrible smell coming from my mouth afterwards. I was in a group home back in 2005 and the director of the group home made everyone get routine dental exams one day. the dentist I visited, decided to do a test where he sticks a dental probe (the sharp hook-like device) into the gums to see if there is plaque buildup under the gum line, I think it's called a calculus test. anyways, after he did he stuck me in the gums with the dental probe (it hurt like hell), my breath started stinking up the whole office with a fecal, rotting smell and the dentist started waving his hand in front of his nose and puckering his face and swearing at me. He walked away disgusted and angry with me and told the assistant to order some mouthwash for me.
letsgetcured

Post by letsgetcured »

I hear you girl. I wanna say Ive had bad breath for the last 10 years (24 y.o now) but its gotten REALLY bad these last two years where you can even smell it through my nose. Public transportation and meeting up for lunch/dinner, or going to ANY social event gives me so much anxiety. I always have to make up some BS story to excuse myself. I just don't know what to do. I'm pretty sure my boyfriend is somewhat bothered by it but he adores me so much that it's not a deal breaker...otherwise, he would've left years ago lol..but others are not so forgiving. :(
Prettyash101
Total Newbie

Post by Prettyash101 »

Awe I'm sorry I feel your pai. I'm 25 and single whenever a guy approaches me I get nervous to open my mouth to stink my ex husband and I communicate and he often makes jokes about how bad my breath smells he have a playful friendship but he doesn't know this is a true issue for me and that I've seemed out medically help idk where to turn just know u are not alone
Prettyash101
Total Newbie

Post by Prettyash101 »

pariah wrote:Hi prettyash,

I read your post and I have the same problems with fecal breath. Have you ever heard of blood borne halitosis? I think it comes from having slow bowel movements. the poop stays in the intestines longer than it should and bacteria passes through the walls of the intestine into the blood stream and the gums become inflamed and when you have work done on them it releases the fecal smell.. I have had horrible digestive problems dating back to 2001 and I that's about the time I noticed having bad breath. I have had the same problems at cleanings at dentists offices with a horrible smell coming from my mouth afterwards. I was in a group home back in 2005 and the director of the group home made everyone get routine dental exams one day. the dentist I visited, decided to do a test where he sticks a dental probe (the sharp hook-like device) into the gums to see if there is plaque buildup under the gum line, I think it's called a calculus test. anyways, after he did he stuck me in the gums with the dental probe (it hurt like hell), my breath started stinking up the whole office with a fecal, rotting smell and the dentist started waving his hand in front of his nose and puckering his face and swearing at me. He walked away disgusted and angry with me and told the assistant to order some mouthwash for me.

I've hever heard of it. We're u able to get cured? I would be so happy if I can find a dentist in NY to help me with this issue I've researched and heard of tongue rejuvenation laser surgery which can be pricey $500 or more per treatment but I don't think my issue is coming from the mouth for some reason
letsgetcured

Post by letsgetcured »

Prettyash101 wrote:
pariah wrote:Hi prettyash,

I've hever heard of it. We're u able to get cured? I would be so happy if I can find a dentist in NY to help me with this issue I've researched and heard of tongue rejuvenation laser surgery which can be pricey $500 or more per treatment but I don't think my issue is coming from the mouth for some reason

I live in NY too. I think its Dr Krespi or something like that. I've noticed that the back of my tongue is heavily coated so I feel like it might help but I would be SICK if I paid $500 just to not see any results. Maybe, I'll give it a try..who knows
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic