Your Email Address:

First Name:

My life sucks

Tell us your story with bad breath
Miss25
Total Newbie
My life sucks

Post by Miss25 »

I have really bad breath since I was I think 13, I am 25 now. I have many tooth decay when I was a kid, and got it all pulled out at 15. I have partial dentures now, no more tooth decay, I have good oral hygiene since but I still have bad breath. I wanted to go to college, I wanted to work but I couldn't because I am too embarassed. I've never had a job, no friends, NO social LIFE! I just stay home since I moved to US, that was 6 years ago. I should have been helping my single parent who works so hard to give me a good life, instead of being a burden..that breaks my heart. I thought of s*****e sometimes but I can't bear the thought of what my parent, my siblings would feel. And I still hope that one day this suffering will go away, I want to have a life. I want to work. I want to have real friends. I want to have a boyfriend. I want to travel. I want to have my own family someday. How pathetic is that. Sigh.
Anyway, next week I will be seeing a dentist here in the US for the first time. Yeah first time because I couldn't afford, I really tried convincing myself to work, I just can't. I'm really tired hearing people talking about me about how awful my breath is. So if my dentist will refer me to other doctor, I don't know when i'm gonna see one again.

P.s. I'm sorry about my english.

Dead
Advanced
Re: My life sucks

Post by Dead »

Hi, i know how you feel. I hate my life too. I think about s*****e everyday. I'm just sticking around for my mom basically.

What other symptoms do you have than bb? Do you get tonsil stones?
angal
Total Newbie

Post by angal »

hi
im just like u... my life is sucks too... i tried many ways... they does'nt wrk...I only have one month to solve it...after that Im not alive :oops:
space
Advanced

Post by space »

Hi, we're the same. Im 25 too. This life sucks, big time. There are many "treatment" that I want to try but cant afford them and I dont want to ask my parents more, Im useless already.

•What helped reduced my bb, its of fecal smell. Low thiol diet and changing my toothpaste and brushing my tongue. Low thiol diet list is long but to keep it short, avoid dairy, eggs, beans, gluten, cauliflower, cabbage, beef also.

•Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking too. And Im not a coffee drinker so it was easier for me to avoid caffeine. Coffee can give you bb.

•Junk/processed foods too. Instant noodles. Heavily flavored chips. Read the ingredients list always. There's "spices, msg, etc." They're often garlic or onion powder.

•Use a SOFT and DENSE toothbrush to clean the tongue. Soft bristles not to damage your tongue, dense so it can clean it thoroughly cause the tongue have these I dont know what they're really called, they look like fur. Fine dense toothbrush can reach this small areas compared to other brushes.

•I dont use any mouthwash. It makes my bb worse even its alcohol free or whatever. Drink water when your mouth gets dry. Bring a water bottle that can contain at least 500ml of water. Mints wont help you if you're bb is too strong, it worsens it, like sh*t mint smell.

•Read the label of the toothpaste that you're using. Try SLS-free toothpaste. The brand that Im using is Human Heart Nature natural toothpaste (no, Im not affiliated with their company whatsoever, it was just the affordable brand of sls-free toothpaste in our country, 150 pesos ($3). Ive tried the jason brand, its 250+ pesos but has silica in it, not good for my thin gums. The problem i have with the human nature one is that it has carrageenan, fluoride, and glycerin. They have said though that carrageenan is bad when eaten, but since it is in a toothpaste, its fine. I want to try earthpaste too, but it has bentonite clay, and some articles are in conflict about its lead content.

Hope this helps you dear: diet, lifestyle, oral product choices and habits, dentist visit for regular cleaning (before I forgot). Mouth, nose, throat, digestive system, these four things are important.

Im turning 26 this year and hoping I'll finally get cured this year. Im going fully committed for the *low thiol, *low fodmap, *anti-tonsil stone diet, *gluten-free diet for 2-3 months to heal my digestive system and reduced tonsils stone if there are any. They have almost the same food groups that need to be avoided.

Dont give up in life. We're still young. There's still time. :)
Miss25
Total Newbie

Post by Miss25 »

Hi, thank you guys for replying. Yes, i get tonsil stones sometimes, the last time was 4 days ago but it was very small. I also get thick mucus in my throat in the morning when I wake up. And I notice a hole right next to each of my tonsils, kinda deep, 2 mung beans can fit in it, they're not tonsilar crypts. I don't know what it is, it smells really bad when I squeez them.
Last edited by Miss25 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miss25
Total Newbie

Post by Miss25 »

Food is the only thing that makes me happy. So avoiding those food is gonna be really hard. Lol But I'll try.
Again, I'm sorry for my bad english
Attraction
Advanced

Post by Attraction »

Miss25 wrote:Yes, i get tonsil stones sometimes, the last time was 4 days ago but it was very small. And I notice a hole right next to each of my tonsils, kinda deep, 2 mung beans can fit in it, they're not tonsilar crypts. I don't know what it is, it smells really bad when I squeez them.
You need a tonsillectomy. Your tonsils can cause bad breath especially when you get tonsil stones. Ask the dentist for a full X-ray of your mouth and ask him to tell you all of the problems.
space
Advanced

Post by space »

I totally can relate. It was the hardest part with "managing" bb, the diet. They say that its because of the gut or something wrong in our stomach thats why we have food intolerances (not allergy, its different). So Im gonna try the one for SIBO, the low fodmap. The SCD diet is too restrictive.

About tonsil stones, I only got a tiny one few weeks ago when I was sick and theres a lot of phlegm in my throat. I think thats the first one. Though I also have constant mucus in my throat, but its clear and not thick. The anti-tonsil stone diet mainly avoid foods rich in calcium, dairy again of course. Basically, even with the low thiol, low fodmap diet, the main ones that need to be avoided are dairy and gluten. They also cause excess mucus, chocolates too. Its too hard especially I have a sweet tooth. But then most pastries have egg, flour and milk, yeast also..the ultimate combo for fecal breath.

Im an asian, mainly eats rice for carbs. The problem is we always use garlic and onion when we cook. Now im thinking how to make meals without those.
Miss25
Total Newbie

Post by Miss25 »

I have these holes not on my tonsils, I think its not tonsillar crypts. I don't know what its called, when I squeeze it nothing comes out but when I smell my fingers eww it's awful, smell like tonsil stones. I have an appointment on saturday, exam, cleaning and x-ray.
Thanks attraction
Miss25
Total Newbie

Post by Miss25 »

I'm an asian too space. where r u from?
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

Miss25 wrote:I have these holes not on my tonsils, I think its not tonsillar crypts. I don't know what its called, when I squeeze it nothing comes out but when I smell my fingers eww it's awful, smell like tonsil stones. I have an appointment on saturday, exam, cleaning and x-ray.
Thanks attraction
That has got to be your tonsils. There is nothing else there that could have holes. I've had mines out and it's just a smooth surface.
sisi_
Total Newbie

Post by sisi_ »

•Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking too. And Im not a coffee drinker so it was easier for me to avoid caffeine. Coffee can give you bb.

I' ve read on internet that coffee doesn't give bb. It's the sugar and milk that cause it. It was a study from Israelite scientists, coffe beans au contraire inhibit bacterias that cause it. So... Black coffee. I can't drink it without sugar though :| I use a very small amount. I'm a student.
space
Advanced

Post by space »

sisi_ wrote:•Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking too. And Im not a coffee drinker so it was easier for me to avoid caffeine. Coffee can give you bb.

I' ve read on internet that coffee doesn't give bb. It's the sugar and milk that cause it. It was a study from Israelite scientists, coffe beans au contraire inhibit bacterias that cause it. So... Black coffee. I can't drink it without sugar though :| I use a very small amount. I'm a student.
Coffee has high sulfur content, the caffeine in it can also dry the mouth and if the bb is a symptom of gerd, coffee which is acidic is not advisable to drink.

But, as we all know, our bodies function differently. If it doesn't result to bb when you drink it, then coffee is just fine. :)

Thanks for the info by the way. Learned something new today. ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic