Your Email Address:

First Name:

A breakthrough, finally!!

Tell us your story with bad breath
Suttonutd
Total Newbie
A breakthrough, finally!!

Post by Suttonutd »

Have suffered from bb for years and tried so many different ideas and none provided long lasting relief and no more than a few days - list included:

Hydrogen peroxide
Netipots
Every mouth wash on market
Antibiotics
Etc
I use Halita a mouthwash that is the only one that has any impact but needs to be done everyday and loses its effect after about 4 hrs. I scrape my younger and brush twice a day - but as I said it doesn't stop bb developing during the day.

Cut to the chase, I gave up alcohol 5 weeks ago and beginning last week started to notice a difference - and a few days later this weekend - bang the odour I normally get has gone. I have not used any mouthwash for days, I have had curry twice in the last week and normally I would have terrible bb after, but this time it was more a hint of curry odour not an unpleasant offensive one.

I wonder if anyone else on the forum has tried giving up alcohol and seen any difference like me see - in my case as mentioned it's taken a few weeks to turn it around, but if we could replicate this we could be onto something. I drank mostly white wine and quite a lot each day and my current theory is this alcohol was not helping or causing low level gum disease - when flossing I used to have sensitive gums in some teeth, now there is no smell in between teeth and hardly any sensitive gum lines.

The stopping alcohol also had an effect of drying up my sinuses. I still get catarrh but doesn't seem as sticky.

Hope this might help someone else

jess
Sheriff

Re: A breakthrough, finally!!

Post by jess »

I remember since I was very young I've heard people say "people that have bb have a bad liver". And we all know that the liver is affected by alcohol big time. So maybe the cause of your bb has been your liver, and since consuming alcohol pretty much affects the liver in a very negative way, hence the reason why sopping the alcohol has helped you.
9yearsStillFighting

Post by 9yearsStillFighting »

How are you doing? I accidentally came across to Halita mouth wash when I read a paper which metiones 3 ingredients (zinc,chroxi.. I might add later, I don't remember fully the name), so there comes SmartMouth and Halita, same ingredients; and I bought Halita and since 18 august, it's been 2 month and 10 days, I husband says I don't have bb anymore. only 1 thing that Iam not sure is I was just begining to take a multivitamin which has zinc, glutathion and molybdenum the same day I started using Halita mouthwash. but Iam sure,it's impossible that the molybdenum gives that swift effect even thogh we contribute the disapperance of bb. I took multivitamin at noon, I ate , and brushed my teeth with Halita toothpaste, and sinsed my mouth mouthwash, and my hubby said when he came back home from work at 19p.m that I did not have BB?? what the heck!! and still don't have it today..
one night I even fell asleep early, therefore didn't able to rinse my mouth, the next morning, Hubby said I had nothing....
still cannot believe it..
Jaim618

Post by Jaim618 »

9yearsStillFighting wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:19 am How are you doing? I accidentally came across to Halita mouth wash when I read a paper which metiones 3 ingredients (zinc,chroxi.. I might add later, I don't remember fully the name), so there comes SmartMouth and Halita, same ingredients; and I bought Halita and since 18 august, it's been 2 month and 10 days, I husband says I don't have bb anymore. only 1 thing that Iam not sure is I was just begining to take a multivitamin which has zinc, glutathion and molybdenum the same day I started using Halita mouthwash. but Iam sure,it's impossible that the molybdenum gives that swift effect even thogh we contribute the disapperance of bb. I took multivitamin at noon, I ate , and brushed my teeth with Halita toothpaste, and sinsed my mouth mouthwash, and my hubby said when he came back home from work at 19p.m that I did not have BB?? what the heck!! and still don't have it today..
one night I even fell asleep early, therefore didn't able to rinse my mouth, the next morning, Hubby said I had nothing....
still cannot believe it..
Which brand of multi vitamin did you buy?
1freshmouth
Total Newbie

Post by 1freshmouth »

Congratulations!
1freshmouth
Total Newbie

Post by 1freshmouth »

Where did you get the mouthwash from?
Tylan456

Post by Tylan456 »

Hi, just wanted to reply to your post I tried the mouthrinse and it did reduce my mouth odor, even after eating different foods my mouth still was not as bad as it was before, I brush my teeth to be sure and it was fresh or the smell was not a pungent. I brought the Halita rinse, still waiting for the toothpaste. It last for hours, the stock is low on Amazon, so it is selling fast. Give this rinse a try.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

$30 for this lil bottle of Halita Mouthwash ? WTF?
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Wow, things haven't changed around here in over a decade.

Another user with 1 post asking you to buy a product.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Suttonutd wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:23 pm Have suffered from bb for years and tried so many different ideas and none provided long lasting relief and no more than a few days - list included:

Hydrogen peroxide
Netipots
Every mouth wash on market
Antibiotics
Etc
I use Halita a mouthwash that is the only one that has any impact but needs to be done everyday and loses its effect after about 4 hrs. I scrape my younger and brush twice a day - but as I said it doesn't stop bb developing during the day.

Cut to the chase, I gave up alcohol 5 weeks ago and beginning last week started to notice a difference - and a few days later this weekend - bang the odour I normally get has gone. I have not used any mouthwash for days, I have had curry twice in the last week and normally I would have terrible bb after, but this time it was more a hint of curry odour not an unpleasant offensive one.

I wonder if anyone else on the forum has tried giving up alcohol and seen any difference like me see - in my case as mentioned it's taken a few weeks to turn it around, but if we could replicate this we could be onto something. I drank mostly white wine and quite a lot each day and my current theory is this alcohol was not helping or causing low level gum disease - when flossing I used to have sensitive gums in some teeth, now there is no smell in between teeth and hardly any sensitive gum lines.

The stopping alcohol also had an effect of drying up my sinuses. I still get catarrh but doesn't seem as sticky.

Hope this might help someone else
Never drank a single drop of alcohol in my entire life and still have chronic bb like shit.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic