Your Email Address:

First Name:

I Can't Believe It (Oil Pulling)

Tell us your story with bad breath
Happy
Total Newbie

I Can't Believe It (Oil Pulling)

Post by Happy »

Hello Everyone. I apologize for this long post but I have never talked to anyone about my bb problem and I just wanna let it all out. This is an amazing place. I have read so many posts here and related to many and sympathized with all of them. I'm so emotional right now (happy feelings) that I don't know where to start. Okay, I think I have had bb almost my whole life. I am 30. I have always had a dry mouth. But since my mouth had always been dry I didn't know it was abnormal. When i was small there was about five times I was told that my breath smelled bad but I knew that people's breath smelled bad sometimes. But I didn't know that they had 'normal' stinky breath that could be quickly fixed and i had something seriously wrong. So, i felt bad, chewed some gum and thought that what's you did.

From about from about 12-18 I don't recall any memorable occasions of someone talking about my breath. Maybe I had a reprieve for a few years but i had a phobia from being young so I always brushed my teeth and chewed gum and try to keep a distance from people. I had a lot of boyfriends during that time. We would kiss sometime (and do other things) and nobody ever complained about my breath to my face BUT the level of intimacy wasn't very high and I think i just got lucky by kissing only when I felt ''prepared'' and not doing it very often. To tell you the truth I believe I became sexually active and a young age because I wanted to be close with guys i liked but felt so uncomfortable just kissing and being close that I gave them sex instead.

When I went to college things got bad. But I don't know if they really got bad or if I couldn't run from it as easily as before and was just in more close, social situations. Now having a boyfriend meant staying the night and pillow talk and just more real intimacy. Plus I started going out drinking and when I drunk my breath would be so bad I was aware of it. I think it really did get worse though. Anyway, i learned about dry mouth and realized I had it because there was literally no moisture in my mouth and it couldn't be any drier. Guys i rarely swallowed and water wouldn't make mouth my wet but I didn't know any different.

I was filled with so much shame at the realization of how bad my breath must have smelled all these years. I tried all the products and they didn't work. They would contain my breath so that you could not smell unless you were really close up and it would only do that for about 30 minutes or until I ate something 'incompatible with my breath'. Now I started getting depressed because I knew how bad it was and nothing helped.

I don't really know how my breath smelled but i believe it was fecal at least sometimes. I remember hearing 'who farted' several times when I knew I was really dry. I don't think I had room-filling bb but it when it was bad I know people could smell it from several feet away. One humiliating experience is when I was walking up to a co-worker from behind and I called their name from a couple feet away. They told me I need some gum without even turning around (omg). And I didn't ''feel' like it was super bad that day. So, I withdrew from people as much as possible while trying to manage it. But now that I have found a solution I am seeing just how much bb as affected my life.

I am overweight. I graze all day. I pondered whether or not I had a food addiction because I knew I just ate all the time because eating made me feel good especially when i ate really bad foods. Well a couple of weeks ago it dawned on me that I felt good eating bad foods because my mouth felt good. The greasy food made my mouth feel really comfortable. Incredible! BB made me fat as well! Not only with the always eating but I avoided the gym because working out because my breath was 'far-reaching'' when I worked out and when people got on a machine next to me, I would get off because i thought they could smell my breath. I could smell their (clean) breath with all the huffing and puffing. I paid for training sessions once and lost a lot of money because trying to hold your breath so you don't breath in your trainer's face is impossible when you're squatting.

Anyway I had heard about oil pulling a couple of years ago but doubted it would work. If all of these chemical based solutions couldn't help I doubted some coconut oil would. Plus I don't see a lot of testimonials in places where you would expect like here. But after thinking about how greasy food affected me I decided to give it a try.

OMG guys, it worked. I cried after I pulled oil the first time because I was seeing for the first time how normal people's mouths feel. My bad breath was gone! Not covered up. Not neutralized. Not tamed down. It is gone! My mouth is producing saliva. It's so strange to me to swallow and feel lots of saliva go down my throat! It strange that the breath in my mouth feel so light and airy and cool. I have never been so happy in my life. After about a couple of hours my mouth starts to feel dry again but all I have to do is drink water like a normal person and it goes back to good breath and my mouth is moisturized! I wake up in the morning and it's decent breath too! My breath would get so bad sometimes when I chewed gum all it did was make the gum taste nasty to me! I taste things differently now. I'm going on and on.. forgive me but this is amazing. I have never had a normal mouth so all of this is brand new to me. I had a close up conversation where i was actually leaning in to talk for the first time.

This worked for me! And I am surprised that it is not more popular on here. I also stopped feeling the need to always put something in my mouth! So I'm looking forward to losing weight as well. I had read all these other things that oil pulling can do like clear sinus and i took them with a grain of salt. I was just expecting it to make my mouth feel good and help a little not expect it cure by bb. But in addition to my new breath, I had a stuffy head the first day i tried it. And my sinus got cleared out like never before. It might have been a coincidence so I'm not ready make any claims about that but on that day it did it for me and so I am apt to believe that oil pulling is the miracle that many claim it to be. Anyway this post is way too long but I had to share. I am overjoyed and elated and getting ready to start a new life. If you haven't tried oil pulling you have to. I did extra virgin coconut oil if that helps. I hope one day everyone can feel like this because trust me I understand how altered your life can become when you have bad breath.

crazy4it
Advanced
Re: I Can't Believe It (Oil Pulling)

Post by crazy4it »

I did that too but it would slowly lose effect and breath would go back to the way it was before. I say give it a month and report back
Happy
Total Newbie

Post by Happy »

crazy4it wrote:I did that too but it would slowly lose effect and breath would go back to the way it was before. I say give it a month and report back
Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that. And a little worried about myself now. Is that why oil pulling isn't really promoted on here? Has it been determined by most people that it doesn't work long term? I pray that is not the case. How did you follow up the oil pulling.One thing I forgot to mention is that I found following up with dry-mouth mouthwash made it less effective and so did regular mouthwash even though it was still a billion times better. I just ordered some all natural mouthwash to see if that will work well with the oil cuz I like using mouthwash. But because i saw the mouthwash had a negative effect I figured my Colgate complete probably wasn't the best option either and so went out and bought some natural toothpaste for the first time and I was right. I never used any natural oral hygiene products before because I thought that I needed ''heavy duty'' stuff. I was so wrong. Anyway, I will report back. *fingers crossed*
Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

Hate to burst your bubble but oil pulling is a temporary solution. While the practice does remove a number of bacteria, oil pulling cannot loosen the bad guys under the gum line.
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

Happy wrote:
crazy4it wrote:I did that too but it would slowly lose effect and breath would go back to the way it was before. I say give it a month and report back
Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that. And a little worried about myself now. Is that why oil pulling isn't really promoted on here? Has it been determined by most people that it doesn't work long term? I pray that is not the case. How did you follow up the oil pulling.One thing I forgot to mention is that I found following up with dry-mouth mouthwash made it less effective and so did regular mouthwash even though it was still a billion times better. I just ordered some all natural mouthwash to see if that will work well with the oil cuz I like using mouthwash. But because i saw the mouthwash had a negative effect I figured my Colgate complete probably wasn't the best option either and so went out and bought some natural toothpaste for the first time and I was right. I never used any natural oral hygiene products before because I thought that I needed ''heavy duty'' stuff. I was so wrong. Anyway, I will report back. *fingers crossed*
hey Happy, let's wait and see how it goes, I hope it's going to work for you. Everyone is different, we all have halitosis in common but we can experience different symptoms. And the types of bad breath are so many.
For example, I never had a dry mouth, but the opposite problem, excessive salivation ( to the point of drooling if I keep my mouth open for 15 seconds ), yet my breath and throat smell like a sewer. Report back and good luck
crazy4it
Advanced

Post by crazy4it »

Happy wrote:

Any update happy?
crazy4it
Advanced

Post by crazy4it »

Interesting to see what happened with op. Didn't report back for any updates just disappeared.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic