Your Email Address:

First Name:

MY STORY

Tell us your story with bad breath
Sam2

MY STORY

Post by Sam2 »

I used to be a room-filler, but for the last 15 years, bb has affected my life minimally…

- What was huge for me was when my ex brought up my bb and we went through different products for a month for me to get feedback about what worked and what didn’t… talking about it openly is huge, and receiving feedback is massive!

- What was also huge was of course, changes in lifestyle and nutrition.

I interact with dozens of people everyday with no problems at all, have good relationships and all good.

Some improvisations I have gone through:
Sodium Chloride saline solution, hot saltwater gargle, xylitol, baking soda on tongue brush, vegetable Glycerin, Baking soda/Water mix, Hydrogen Peroxide/Water mix…

Products bought and not using; would like to point out that 75% of these products are no better than the improvisations above and some even worse… :
Listerine (not even worth a mention), ProFresh, Oxyfresh, Dentyl pH, Therabreath, etc. etc…
Probiotics, Waterpik, Internal Tablets (Breath Asure, etc.)
But I have probably been through many more products, of which I can’t remember the names…

What I currently use:
- CloSys Rinse - used for brushing. (I hardly used toothpaste for years, because the taste is too strong for me)
- Chlorhexidrine digluconate for gargling (the best remedy, but a teeth-stainer, so rarely used)
- Toothpaste with Chlorhexidrine digluconate (recently found on the market); the first toothpaste I have been able to use in the morning for years…
- Tongue brush
- Tongue scraper
- Anti-acid tablets when I'm out… (for my digestion, but also because they have sodium bicarbonate).

Any questions, PM me.
Always interested to connect with those actively researching / testing… and happy to offer advice to those who seek.

RamboRadinski
Re: MY STORY

Post by RamboRadinski »

Hello friend

Would you say your bb originates from your nose or mouth?

My theory is that all chronic bb originates from sinus mucus, with post nasal drip into the troat and tonsils producing the mouth bb.

Kind regards
Sam2

Post by Sam2 »

Hello Rambo,

I have a white tongue, which is the origin...
I don't feel any post-nasal drip at all.
My ex sometimes pointed out that during sleep, even with the mouth closed, that my bb was emitted through the nose, but was the same odour emitted from the mouth... from our tests, we concluded that gargling with Chlorhexidrine digluconate was the best treatment and completely rid me of bb. But I think it is not good for long-term use, so I only use it occasionally.
At the start of my bb journey, doctors sent me for ENT, Barium meal (stomach), endoscopy, helicobacter pylori tests, psychiatrists for halitophobia, and I visited a couple of breath clinics in London, but luckily for me, I found solutions and have been clear for a long time now...
My solutions:
- Get feedback / be open (as far possible) about it with those close to you
- Lifestyle & Nutrition
- Products that work
Thanks for your input anyway and I'm going to rinse my nose with Sodium Chloride saline solution before sleeping tonight.

Sam2
RamboRadinski

Post by RamboRadinski »

Sam2 wrote:Hello Rambo,

I have a white tongue, which is the origin...
I don't feel any post-nasal drip at all.
My ex sometimes pointed out that during sleep, even with the mouth closed, that my bb was emitted through the nose, but was the same odour emitted from the mouth... from our tests, we concluded that gargling with Chlorhexidrine digluconate was the best treatment and completely rid me of bb. But I think it is not good for long-term use, so I only use it occasionally.
At the start of my bb journey, doctors sent me for ENT, Barium meal (stomach), endoscopy, helicobacter pylori tests, psychiatrists for halitophobia, and I visited a couple of breath clinics in London, but luckily for me, I found solutions and have been clear for a long time now...
My solutions:
- Get feedback / be open (as far possible) about it with those close to you
- Lifestyle & Nutrition
- Products that work
Thanks for your input anyway and I'm going to rinse my nose with Sodium Chloride saline solution before sleeping tonight.

Sam2
Hi

Thats good

Sounds like you are making good progress.

On the salt nasal rinses, I have been experimenting and have recently been getting head aches and stomach pains. I dont think its a good idea to do regularly as it probably introduces high amounts of salt directly into your system.

Seeing an ENT is the solution for me personally.

Have a nice weekend Sam2.

Kind regards
Sam2

Post by Sam2 »

I read another post about whether this could be genetic, so I have something to add.
My father is also a room-filler.
He just has to chew gum for a few minutes, then the whole room smells of gum.
Similar to mouthwash; when he uses it at night, in the morning, the whole room smells of the mouthwash.
My ex told me that my bb was bad, but nothing compared to my father.
However, it's important to point out that he doesn't always have bb 24 hours a day; most of the time, he is clear.
Which is the direction that treatment should go: finding a solution to be clear and then replicating it throughout the day, so that it has no effect on our social interactions.

@Rambo
Thanks for the advice about the nasal spray and have a good weekend too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic