First Name:

20 years bad breath

Tell us your story with bad breath
Summerside
Advanced
20 years bad breath

Post by Summerside »

Hello everyone!
I have breath issues for a long time. Never went to a doctor because I was too embarrassed.
I kind of avoided to speak to people too close and always chewed gum.
I am married with one son. The bad breath got worse I think. I finally found the strengh to go to a dentist and got some testing done.
My teeth are fine but they found out an bacteria overgrowth in my mouth (high levels of negative straight bacilli. Many fusiforms, high number of white blood cells, dense yeast) and made a breath test that was positive. (Hydrogen sulfide very high, methylmercaptan and dimethyl high).Theye subscribed an antibiotic rinse which i took for two weeks plus after that a maintenance rinse.
Didnt help. The breath and bad taste stayed.
I went back for retesting, dna testing in my mouth. Again bacteria and subscribed a different antibiotic

The breath and taste is worse now. My son says it smells terrible like shit and or fish.
He is the only one I ask about this. I am too embarrassed to ask my husband.

I live in Canada and they dont seem to look into what is causing this they just subscribe medication.

Monday I have an appointment with a naturopath. Will see what he suggests.
I went to one doctor before the dentist because I had stomach problems. The tested my stool and blood and found something. (Blastocystis) I got a strong antibiotic which cured the diarrha but not the bb.

I wonder if it could be candida. I quit sugar now but was a sugar addict.
I still eat too much bread.
To test for candida that is like 500 Dollar here. Is it worse it?
I just cant get rid of the bad taste in my mouth. Nothing helps and the bad breath is still there right after brushing.
Its driving me crazy. Thank good I work from home and dont have to speak to people all the time.
Anybody help??? I am really desperate
Thank you

mindspace
Advanced

Re: 20 years bad breath

Post by mindspace »

Bad breath could be due to candida overgrowth or TMAU.They say If you die for sweet, you lack love in life.Take a probiotic for intestine flora -it helps.
mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

I got a round of antibiotics for the last 5 years and now I have candida overgrowth due to antibiotics.It's not easy to get rid of candida.Candida desperates you.You have to be strong physically and you have to be strong emotionally,also reducing stress helps.It's not easy with strict candida diet but it helps.I don't have bad breath anymore.Candida feeds on the net due to electromagnetic radiation.Candida is electrosensitive.Read articles about candida,leaky gut and electrosensitivity.
letsgetcured

Post by letsgetcured »

Did u guys have nasal bb?
Keep seeing cures but none that has nasal bb.

Don't wanna try something if we don't even have the same symptoms..candida diet seems like such a drastic change of lifestyle for it to not even help.

May try this after my vacation ends tomorrow. Really starting to feel like the end is near..whether I get cured or I just give up completely. Might as well fight
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Post by Lifelongsufferer »

letsgetcured wrote:Did u guys have nasal bb?
Keep seeing cures but none that has nasal bb.

Don't wanna try something if we don't even have the same symptoms..candida diet seems like such a drastic change of lifestyle for it to not even help.

May try this after my vacation ends tomorrow. Really starting to feel like the end is near..whether I get cured or I just give up completely. Might as well fight
I suffer from nasal BB and I read that when the smell comes from the nose as well as the mouth that the cause is usually the throat. I think this must be true as when I used hydrogen peroxide it only worked if I gargled deeply so it went down the back of my throat.

Unfortunately HP stopped working, but it at least gave me an idea of where the issue stems from.

I have tried the candida diet a few times but it is very hard to stick to. Maybe if a group of us were to start a thread and use it as a food diary then we could help to keep each other on track.

Never give up!!
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery
Visited 3+ ENTs & 2 gastros.
Diagnosed w/ SIBO (hydrogen test)
Peroxide, metronidazole and Sodium Hypochlorite all worked for 2 weeks.

FODMAP, vegan and candida diet tried. Slight improvement.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

so bitter cola guy, aparently you ar shipping this bitter cola for free, but we have to pay the postage right, so how much is postage to send it to EUROPE FOR EXAMPLE...100 usd or less?
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Post by Lifelongsufferer »

I got mine from a health food store Jimi, but if you don't have one near you you can get them from Amazon for a couple of dollars if you want to try it.

They have definitely had an impact for me, who knows whether it'll be temporary or not though.
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery
Visited 3+ ENTs & 2 gastros.
Diagnosed w/ SIBO (hydrogen test)
Peroxide, metronidazole and Sodium Hypochlorite all worked for 2 weeks.

FODMAP, vegan and candida diet tried. Slight improvement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic