Your Email Address:

First Name:

please help

Tell us your story with bad breath
overit15
Total Newbie
please help

Post by overit15 »

Recently I've been having a lot of problems at work with people whispering to each other and joking about my bb. I know it's there, I can feel it, I can taste it. Sadly I also have bb from the nose and can feel the smell stinking up the whole room. I've been to and ENT and he just told me what I had already been told.. I have post nasal drip due to my very severe year round allergies.

I can't handle people blocking their noses anymore, or the laughing, or the the 'she's so stinky' comments. I brush my teeth at least 6 times a day. I shower twice a day and I take amazing care of myself and still, I have to live with this curse. A couple years ago someone asked me if I knew how to wipe my ass. If that isn't embarrassing, then I don't know what is.. especially when the smell is coming from your nose and mouth, not your actual ass. I'm young, I have my whole life ahead of me but I can't help but want out of it all sometimes. Some days are better than others. Some days I can make it through the day without someone making a comment of blocking their nose or simply just completely avoiding me at all costs.

I live with my boyfriend and he is absolutely amazing. I've been going through bouts of depression. It's recently gotten more severe due to peoples reactions getting worse. I hate going out in public and boyfriend is a sweetie and always tries to get me out of the house. I tried telling my boyfriend about this and he played it off and thought I was silly for even thinking that this was a possibility. Deep down I think he knows and he just doesn't want to hurt my feelings. I say this because we were laying in bed one night, we had just brushed our teeth and I had my head on his lap and we were watching a movie on my laptop and I looked up at him and he was politely pulled away from me with his finger under his nose. As soon as he noticed I was looking at him, he pulled himself closer and kissed me on the forehead. I know he's a great guy and I'm super lucky to have him. I just wish I could find a solution for this problem so that he didn't have to deal with it. I don't find it fair that I have to deal with it, that other people have to smell it and most of all, I don't find it fair that he puts up with it. My heart is breaking more and more everyday. I'm so lost. Please I just need some words of encouragement.

Ricky
Sheriff
Re: please help

Post by Ricky »

Hello overit.

I know how you feel. It is really embarrassing.

People within my town no longer cover their nose. Becoz whenever they see me from afar, they already laugh. But its okay. Im still single. Good thing for you is that you have a partner.

Do your best to convince your partner. Maybe you could tell him that he help you do also the research for the cure of bb.

Try to see the post of lifelongsufferer. This is a username. He performed nasal irrigation with certain ingredients. Try to see his post. Then buy the ingredients.
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Sometimes it is best to write down your problem. Then give the letter to your boyfriend. This kind of method will move his attention focused on the letter without distraction. Maybe he'll understand you better.
Hugo
Total Newbie

Post by Hugo »

Hi Overit15.

Can't give you a cure re bb but I can say a few things. I have the exact same issue as you. From the taunts of the world all I want to do is lay in my partners lap. Sometimes she moves her head away but never says anything. It's like your heart been ripped in two. But I do say this is that you're really lucky to have a partner. Look for the positives in your life. It's not your fault. You suffer from a condition. F everyone else.
I found a job that I'm mostly alone in. I've found that it helps a great deal. Stick around maybe you'll find a cure. Don't put everything on a cure. Try and think positively that's a cure in itself.
From what I can gather Post Nasal drip doesn't really have a cure. I've tried everything. Good luck.
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

I'm so sorry you are going through this, I know it's awful.

Does your boyfriend have good/ great breath? Maybe you could join me in trying this experiment?

I plan to begin in December but if you're interested you could start anytime.

Here is the link to the post I made about it. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6932
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello overit.

Remember you are not alone in this. We are in this together.

Try to read some of the post of other members in this forum. Some of them have been cured. Just try to understand, the cure of one is not the cure of another. So maybe some of the post here will help you. Just keep on digging. Dont give up.

You may try nasal irrigation with saline solution. Put some oregano oil.

Also try to take digestive enzymes.
Remember, healing is not overnight. It may take days, weeks, months, years.

I have bb for more than 20yrs. So dont give up.
fog
Junior

Post by fog »

Whats your oral cleaning routine besides brushing?

Whats your diet like?
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello fog, are you addressing your questions to me?
fog
Junior

Post by fog »

Hi, they were aimed at overit15.

However I can ask you about my theory that this condition (BB) is a result of bad reactions to something in our diets possibly gluten, sugar, dairy, meat etc. for most sufferers of BB I belive this to be the case. What do you think? Do they eat plenty of those items in your country, I assume the americans had inluence in that area as well?
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello fog

Yes, i agree with you. Although i also believe that antibiotics have contributed to the imbalance of my digestion.
overit15
Total Newbie

Post by overit15 »

Hugo wrote:Hi Overit15.

Can't give you a cure re bb but I can say a few things. I have the exact same issue as you. From the taunts of the world all I want to do is lay in my partners lap. Sometimes she moves her head away but never says anything. It's like your heart been ripped in two. But I do say this is that you're really lucky to have a partner. Look for the positives in your life. It's not your fault. You suffer from a condition. F everyone else.
I found a job that I'm mostly alone in. I've found that it helps a great deal. Stick around maybe you'll find a cure. Don't put everything on a cure. Try and think positively that's a cure in itself.
From what I can gather Post Nasal drip doesn't really have a cure. I've tried everything. Good luck.
Hi, Hugo.

Would we be able to PM? I just really need to speak to someone that understands right now. I'm having an extremely bad day today.
overit15
Total Newbie

Post by overit15 »

Ricky wrote:Hello overit.

Remember you are not alone in this. We are in this together.

Try to read some of the post of other members in this forum. Some of them have been cured. Just try to understand, the cure of one is not the cure of another. So maybe some of the post here will help you. Just keep on digging. Dont give up.

You may try nasal irrigation with saline solution. Put some oregano oil.

Also try to take digestive enzymes.
Remember, healing is not overnight. It may take days, weeks, months, years.

I have bb for more than 20yrs. So dont give up.
Hi Ricky.

Thank you for your words of encouragement, I really needed them right now.
I will definitely try out what you have mentioned. I'm going to do everything I can because I can't take feeling and smelling this way any longer.
What have you tried in order to help your bb?
overit15
Total Newbie

Post by overit15 »

fog wrote:Whats your oral cleaning routine besides brushing?

Whats your diet like?
Brush 6-8 times a day, floss morning and night, tongue scrape morning and night and occasionally bleach mouthwash.

My diet is pretty poor. I don't eat much but when I do it's usually consists of some type of meat and rice etc. Small things like that.
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello overit

These are the things i hav tried:

1) panoramic xray of teeth. So far all my teeth are alive. No dead nerve. No infection. Still hav bb

2) replace denture with jacket porcelain. So i cud rest my gums. Still hav bb

3) wisdom teeth removal. Still hav bb

4) h pylori negative

5) tried herbal himalayan goji berry
Other herbal detox. Still hav bb

6)tonsillectomy. Still hav bb

7) nasal irrigation saline still hav bb

8) upper respiratory ct scan. All normal

9) therabreath. Still hav bb

10) expensive tooth paste. Still hav bb

11) endoscopy. Findings bile reflux
Medicine given. No improvement. Still hav bb.

12) turmeric capsule for 10 days. Still hav bb

13) i tried goldenseal for more than 10 days. Still hav bb

14. Now im trying digestive enzyme. I hope i wont destroy my kidneys or liver.

My mother is really worried about these food supplements that i am taking. It might destroy my organs, she says.

My mother says i dont hav bb. But when i go out, people's face are disfigured.

This is what a mother's love is. They thought they are helping by saying "you dont hav bb! Its all in the mind."

Cry cry. Still single at 40 huhuhu
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic