Please help

Tell us your story with bad breath
Tara
Total Newbie
Singapore

Please help

Post by Tara »

Hey guys
ive been suffering frm bb since i was 15.ive tried everything nothing works..my mouth is always dry even if i drink 5lts of water.my breath is so strong whatever i eat the smell comes out of my mouth so strong.fluconazole metronidazole nothing works.please can someone suggest me something..i dont know what to do anymore..please. :cry:

the_winter_soldier
Junior

Re: Please help

Post by the_winter_soldier »

Hey don't worry too much, we are all here to solve our issues, what have you tried & does the bb only come when you eat?
Failed Attempts:
- Tonsilloctomy
- Coronectomy
- Treated H.Pylori
- Fasting
- Aloe Vera Juice
- S-Acytl Glutathione
- Treated SIBO ( only reduced bb)
- Celery Juice

Currently trying:
- Pantothenic Acid
Tara
Total Newbie
Singapore

Post by Tara »

My bb is 24*7 i brush floss scrape my tounge gargle with hp but nothing works..my bb is coming from back of my mouth i can actually taste it.i would hold my breath in public transport but ppl stil cover their nose.ive been to so many ENT,s gastroenterologists,dentists,periodontists for the past 20yrs.ive also tried lots of probiotics for intestinal health and oral heath.n im currently on a no dairy no sugar diet.but stil my bb is room filling..
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

Did the gastroenterologist ever suspect LPR or Gerd? That can cause dry mouth for sure
Tara
Total Newbie
Singapore

Post by Tara »

Ive done two endoscopys and according to my doctors thrs nothing wrong with me and its all in my head.but i can actually taste that nasty breath in the back of my throat.my throat and my nasal cavity is always dry even if i drink 2trs of water.i just finished my 15 day fluconazole courde.n no improvement.i dont drink or smoke.but my breath is so bad i cant even go to work..can someone suggest me something pleassseee :cry:
SunGod
Total Newbie

Post by SunGod »

You could try using diluted bleach as a mouthwash.
If you're unsure on doing it you can look for the thread on this website for it.
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

Have you been tested for Sjogrens Syndrome?

Also if you’ve never tried Xylimelts you should. I think that’s what they’re called.
Tara
Total Newbie
Singapore

Post by Tara »

Thank you so much for replying guys..😌i was feeling suicidal for the past two weeks..im so glad i found this forum.thank you so much for creating this..i know im not alone.🥺when i do the "lick test" my saliva doesnt smell at all..im gonna go get tested for sjogrens syndrome.but i wana try the xylimelts first.
the_winter_soldier
Junior

Post by the_winter_soldier »

make sure to eliminate SIBO, some folks also have multiple problems, like GERD & PND incombination with SIBO
Failed Attempts:
- Tonsilloctomy
- Coronectomy
- Treated H.Pylori
- Fasting
- Aloe Vera Juice
- S-Acytl Glutathione
- Treated SIBO ( only reduced bb)
- Celery Juice

Currently trying:
- Pantothenic Acid
halley
Netherlands

Post by halley »

I just lost my bf bc of my bb.
Just take a look around here take notes. I have the same problem i recently bought a mouthwash mouthspray and in the morning i use a tongue brush, tonguescraper and i drink some baking soda. I also gargle with salt. I use paradontax and natural toothpastes. I bought some betaine hcl, probiotics, chlorella pills and digestive enzymes. Still experimenting. Don't give up.
CureSeeker15

Post by CureSeeker15 »

Tara wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:22 am Ive done two endoscopys and according to my doctors thrs nothing wrong with me and its all in my head.but i can actually taste that nasty breath in the back of my throat.my throat and my nasal cavity is always dry even if i drink 2trs of water.i just finished my 15 day fluconazole courde.n no improvement.i dont drink or smoke.but my breath is so bad i cant even go to work..can someone suggest me something pleassseee :cry:
are you awake while doing your endoscopy?? and what part of body they view on endoscope????
Tara
Total Newbie
Singapore

Post by Tara »

Yes i was wide awake during my procedure .it wasnt painfull.but really really uncomfortable. :( i ddi an upper endoscopy to examine the upper part of the digestive tract.
heywait
Total Newbie

Post by heywait »

Tara wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:34 pm Yes i was wide awake during my procedure .it wasnt painfull.but really really uncomfortable. :( i ddi an upper endoscopy to examine the upper part of the digestive tract.
Chronic dry mouth is called xerostomia, a condition where your mouth doesn't produce enough saliva, so talk about that with a dentist or ent, and indeed it can lead to bad breath mostly morning breath.

Also, you say you can't smell anything when you do the lick test, but you feel like others do despite holding your breath.
Have anyone told you got bad breath? Some will tell directly others will say something like "have you eaten today" or " did you eat onion?" I'm asking this because you seem to overexaggerate people's reactions, there's a condition called halitophobia where people are convinced they got bad breath despite no one around being able to smell it. Just ask a family member or a doctor if they can smell it. There are stories of people who spent 10-15 years in self isolation thinking they got BB, and no one could convince them otherwise, the problem solved when they got into therapy and learned not to read too much into any simple gesture like people scratching their noses. So, even if you feel like you got bad breath, if no one can perceive it then it's not a problem. This is similar to other conditions like anorexia, those people are fixated on the idea that they are fat and won't listen to anyone around them leading to a life of depression and basically self harm. So, just make sure others feel it too by asking them directly and not reading into their gestures.

An advice i can give you is to not be ashmed to tell doctors about your problem, for 10 years I was embarrassed to tell doctors I got bad breath so I just mentioned things like:" I think I have a cavity, I got a white tongue, I got tonsils stones,..etc." This resulted in me spending a lot of money on consultations and unnecessary tonsils,and nose surgeries.
It's only when I got the courage to tell a dentist about my chronic bad breath he checked each of my teeth and told me it's not a dental issue but probably a gastrointestinal disease. This way I found about my chronic silent reflux and keep a strict diet to keep it at bay.
CureSeeker15

Post by CureSeeker15 »

Tara wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:34 pm Yes i was wide awake during my procedure .it wasnt painfull.but really really uncomfortable. :( i ddi an upper endoscopy to examine the upper part of the digestive tract.
did you see something not normal on your upper part like candida or yeast ???
Tara
Total Newbie
Singapore

Post by Tara »

heywait wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:07 am

Chronic dry mouth is called xerostomia, a condition where your mouth doesn't produce enough saliva, so talk about that with a dentist or ent, and indeed it can lead to bad breath mostly morning breath.

Also, you say you can't smell anything when you do the lick test, but you feel like others do despite holding your breath.
Have anyone told you got bad breath? Some will tell directly others will say something like "have you eaten today" or " did you eat onion?" I'm asking this because you seem to overexaggerate people's reactions, there's a condition called halitophobia where people are convinced they got bad breath despite no one around being able to smell it. Just ask a family member or a doctor if they can smell it. There are stories of people who spent 10-15 years in self isolation thinking they got BB, and no one could convince them otherwise, the problem solved when they got into therapy and learned not to read too much into any simple gesture like people scratching their noses. So, even if you feel like you got bad breath, if no one can perceive it then it's not a problem. This is similar to other conditions like anorexia, those people are fixated on the idea that they are fat and won't listen to anyone around them leading to a life of depression and basically self harm. So, just make sure others feel it too by asking them directly and not reading into their gestures.

An advice i can give you is to not be ashmed to tell doctors about your problem, for 10 years I was embarrassed to tell doctors I got bad breath so I just mentioned things like:" I think I have a cavity, I got a white tongue, I got tonsils stones,..etc." This resulted in me spending a lot of money on consultations and unnecessary tonsils,and nose surgeries.
It's only when I got the courage to tell a dentist about my chronic bad breath he checked each of my teeth and told me it's not a dental issue but probably a gastrointestinal disease. This way I found about my chronic silent reflux and keep a strict diet to keep it at bay.

Hey i wish it was just halitaphobia. :cry: i had a meeting last morning n as soon as i enterd the room everyone started coughing n covering their nose.i brushed scraped gargled with hp and oregano oil before the meeting.even i smely the strong oregano n mint smell coming out of my mouth.how is that possible.whatever i eat thrs a fecal food smell lingers in my mouth..and my mouth is always dry.i dont know if this smell coming from my nose or mouth..people cough or cover their nose even if my mouth is closed or even if i hold my breath.and the smell gets worst when i swallow..omg this hot nasty breath..i dont know what to do anymore.this smell wont go away even for a minute.i asked my nephew today if i smell bad and he said you always smell baddont you ever brush your teeth.. :cry: i dont have pnd no sinus issues..should i stop eating carbs?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic