Your Email Address:

First Name:

Our site is 7 months old and doing GREAT!!

All the updates, problems using our website, questions about our website goes here
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Cool lets see if we can get rank #1 on google
Read through a book on this earlier this week (Search Engine Optomisation) and the most important part of it is having good 'links' from other related sites.
Find me that site and we will put a special link as a scam site
May not be such a good idea. A link from a site like this that is gradually ranking better and better with google/yahoo, etc - to some scammers site will probably help him and his rankings. Furthermore, it could well degrade the rating of your own site![/quote]

I know, so in the future scammers will probably spaming our site to get links. Watch out people.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

noptical wrote:
baguio wrote:May not be such a good idea. A link from a site like this that is gradually ranking better and better with google/yahoo, etc - to some scammers site will probably help him and his rankings. Furthermore, it could well degrade the rating of your own site!
Jimi could just put a url to that site without making it a link :D

Jimi I can help you to optimize the site for search engines if you like. 'tis my job :mrgreen:

A very good addition would be to add support for mod_rewrite. That would help A LOT. You can also register at one of those link-exchange communities and exchange links with other health related sites. We cant beat that katz multimillionaire dumbass but at least we can get into the first page on googe :D
Mod rewrite is done, only forum has strange links.

Try to get us oneway links with anchor in the links. Try to post articles on article sites like ezine , blogspot, also myspace is big

Ni we will not exchange links, it is not a good thing any more in SEO world.
Look where we got without link exchanging. Let the bastards pay if they want to promote their products. We can use some money for research.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Jimi wrote:I know, so in the future scammers will probably spaming our site to get links. Watch out people.
phpbb has image verification to prevent bots from registering (since version 2.0.14 if i recall correctly) and it works pretty good for many bots but some bots can bypass that filter using OCR to identify the letters and register. There's a phpbb mod that makes the image a little more complex so bots cant identify the text.

I also doubt that spammers will come register and post spam manually :P Thats 1 in a million
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

We already have 291 unique visitors and there are still 2 hours left.

We never had so much traffic.

I hope the site will not collapse :lol:
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

noptical wrote:
Jimi wrote:I know, so in the future scammers will probably spaming our site to get links. Watch out people.
phpbb has image verification to prevent bots from registering (since version 2.0.14 if i recall correctly) and it works pretty good for many bots but some bots can bypass that filter using OCR to identify the letters and register. There's a phpbb mod that makes the image a little more complex so bots cant identify the text.

I also doubt that spammers will come register and post spam manually :P Thats 1 in a million
I have these bots under control. I will update the site also and install captcha verification method so we will not get any spammers at all.
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

Going off topic here but I just wondered how long from initial registration and first upload to your webhosting provider, how long did it take for the site to make the first page in search results for the keywords you have targetted?

I ask this as I have an online presence (totally unrelated) since Jan 1st. I have not even got a listing for my keywords yet (ie. i dont even make some far out results page). Yahoo! still cant churn out even my domain name.
Is this normal?
How long of a wait do I have until I start to see an initial listing?
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

baguio wrote:Going off topic here but I just wondered how long from initial registration and first upload to your webhosting provider, how long did it take for the site to make the first page in search results for the keywords you have targetted?

I ask this as I have an online presence (totally unrelated) since Jan 1st. I have not even got a listing for my keywords yet (ie. i dont even make some far out results page). Yahoo! still cant churn out even my domain name.
Is this normal?
How long of a wait do I have until I start to see an initial listing?
I made the site online the same day when the first article was posted and that was in May 2006. never targeted any keywords only bad breath and forum also I must say. But beside that nothing else.

I am also a SEO like optical and I specifically did not trade any links. Bad breath is an important keyword and many people are making money out of it. See how desperate are we. This site is a result of pure open minded goal to just help people. Nothing else and search engines can figure out that the site is real, is not spammy, diplicate and really important.

I think we may become no.1 for bad breath in 1 year. We are already 17 in Yahoo for bad breath. And in MSN we are around 60.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

302 unique visitors today

a record!
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Jimi wrote:302 unique visitors today

a record!
It will do nothing but grow everyday now :D This site is unique no other similar exist that I know of (the other one is a yahoo group so that doesnt count) so it will grow day by day. I hope one day we'll outrank healthnaziboards. There are millions and millions of people who have halitosis and they are desperate for help but noone can really help them. Many of them (just like us) keep researching on the internet trying to find a site with enough information yet all they find is those katz and profresh (dont know the name) bastards who take advantage of people's problem to fill they pockets. I hope they rot in hell. Then there's healthboards were many people arent really informed about halitosis and keep throwing hints around like "use this and that mouthwash" or "use dental floss", things that we already know, tried and still do. There are also those folks who have halitosis and really know how bad the problem is and have much knowledge related to it but still they cant share it because of nazi mods and stupid rules that are made to prevent us find the cure. So BBH (BadBreathHalitosis :D ) being the only of its kind, cant do anything but grow :D
baguio
Advanced

Indexing forum..?

Post by baguio »

Have been reading a bit further about SEO for the promotion of my own little site.

@Jimi: I was just wondering whether you would consider letting the bots index your forum - would that be possible & would it help with search result positioning?
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

they are indexing the forum
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic